• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tfw the drugs kick in

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • (ʘ‿ʘ)

I just came back from the post office with my Adderall, and it should kick in in about 15-20 minutes

So, do you take any meds? for what? do you self-medicate? what's your drug of choice?

my sincerest apologies to the staff team if this topic was made in the past month, why, if I were to dig through all of that nonsense my drugs would have already taken effect!

Years
  • I have to take like three different pills at once, and I take two of those due to a terrible skin condition that I have had for six years now, called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It causes boils to often flare up and I had always been through trial-and-error situations just to try and treat them.

The third one I have been having lately is an anti-depressant because I had been living in fear a lot lately and I have been often stressed due to becoming a victim of constant demanding.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Unfortunately this medicine isn't having it's optimal effect because I haven't slept in 18 hours

Other than that, I take some harmless pills for things like Tourrette's and bipolar. The only thing druggies would be "interested" in would be what I already mentioned, if you're wondering

Atomoxetine despite being for ADD/ADHD is in a different class of meds than the ritalins, and won't even get you in the ballpark of "high" no matter how much you take. it'll also fry your liver if you're that dumb lol

Lithium/Abilify: mood stabilizers, NOT antidepressants. I have classical bipolar tyvm, and am keeping it in check like a champ

Years
  • I take allergy medication. If I didn't I would never go outside in the summer. Everything about summer wants to kill me (okay, slight exaggeration) and only my sunscreen and allergy pills keep me alive.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Sometimes I take painkillers and allergy pills. That's literally it. I should be taking something for at least my depression, but I refuse any other kind of medication due to past occurrences. Except I'm not one of the people who are like "no i refuse it because i don't need it". Sure, it may work for me. May get rid of some of the things that plague me. Still not happening.

Though if it was "you need these pills to stay alive", I would probably reconsider.

Last edited:

Yukari

I have to take some pills my stomach. It's basically like the prilosec you can get over the counter... Except twice the dosage. Actually I have run out of it recently and now my stomach had been very very upset.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I've never even taken a painkiller in my life.

The only reason I'll risk putting unknown substances into my body is:

A: If I'm feeling particularly stupid (twice, no harm done fortunately)
    B: If I need it as a matter of medical necessity with benefits that are clearly worth having it in my body for (needles only)

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    weed.

i need plenty of other meds but i live in the beautiful land of America where free healthcare is not a thing, and i'm a broke bitch. :')

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I take regular doses of 1,3,7-Trimethylpurine-2,6-dione.

That's about it though, thankfully.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • o you take any meds? Yes, it's been maybe two weeks.
    for what? Fibromyalgia

I have Gabapentin but I don't feel like it's working at all.. I don't like to keep taking meds if I don't even notice if it help.

Years
  • No presciption meds here. I do have painkillers (nothing stronger than tylenol or motrin) for the few times I actually need them. Which is not often.

What I'm more likely to use, though - I guess not so much a medicine, per se - is the bottle of valerian I like to keep on-hand in case I need to relax. Usually not for sleep. Mostly whenever I get any anxiety spiking up for whatever reason and I feel like I need something to calm myself a bit.

Sirfetch’d

I am not taking any prescription meds right now. The only time I really take medicine is when I have a headache, which is quite often tbh. I'll take an over the counter pain reliever for that. Otherwise I only take things when I am sick and that is very rare.

I also sometimes take sleeping aids but usually just melatonin capsules which are all natural.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I used to take Adderall when I was younger, but I had a problem when it wore off because it would literally just be in effect and then suddenly not in effect, which affected my mood greatly. Anyway, nowadays I don't need it, and I don't take anything else.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • I take alcohol when I'm bored and nicotine when I'm antsy.

Aside from that, I don't take any drugs. No painkillers for headaches, no medicine for sicknesses, nothing. I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in using medicine, as idiotic as it sounds. I've been forced to take something for when I got a pretty dangerous case of pneumonia when I was very young, but ever since ten I've refused to take medicine and have resorted to "natural" cures. Which basically means a lot of essential oils and tea. Green tea will save your life.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Wow. I don't think we have that in Australia, that would be extremely handy for my housemate with epilepsy. Sorry to hear you have cancer, Quinn :/

Sir Codin

Klonopin, 1 mg

Every night. Psychological issues involving involuntary panic attacks, anxiety, and major depression.

I also drink a lot.

Back