• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen TG Member's Names

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Something i just realized on my new play through of Platinum...The member's names...Mars, Charon, etc. Are all names in Mythology...Mars or Ares is the first people you fight (which is ironic as he is the god of war) and Charon is next to him who "recently joined" and he is the one who watches over the Underworld with Hades...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Actually, I would guess that they're actually named after planets, not gods. This would fit the space theme that they have better. It just happens that most of the planets are named after gods anyway.

The only exception to this is Charon, who is named after Pluto's moon. He was named Pluto in the Japanese version, though.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I am not really surprised that Team Galactic's names are probably based off of space. After all, their team name is Team Galactic.

Though I think it was pretty cool that they named some characters in the game off of real life things such as the planets. It makes the game more interesting and they characters just don't have dull regular names.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    yeah i never realy noticed that

timekaiser

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Is it a code name or what? and i was unaware about Charon being a planet or moon...is Chiron also a planet or moon? lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    From my perspective, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Charon are based on the planets and Pluto's dwarf moon Charon.

Cyrus, was probably a greek god or something working with Hades or so. =/

timekaiser

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    From my perspective, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Charon are based on the planets and Pluto's dwarf moon Charon.

Cyrus, was probably a greek god or something working with Hades or so. =/

i forgot about Cyrus...he was in mythology as well...which might be ironic but i don't think its a planet...Cyrus or Kyrus was like the ruler of the persians or something i cannot remember

timekaiser

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Actually i think the Romans named the Greek gods after planets but idk

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Actually i think the Romans named the Greek gods after planets but idk

That could be true. Nintendo could've been running out of ideas for names so they decided to use planet names. Though if they were running out of ideas for the bad crews' names I would think they could make up make-believe names that would suit the crew's names. Team Galactic's names suited them best because since their team thing is to study about space and all, their names fitted in perfectly.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I think its more of a ranking or some code name

Back