• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: TGC Online question

Years
  • So... I'm all excited about pokemon again and I decided to start playing TGCO... But I have a problem. I can't make a new account :/ When I try the website says:

"With the exciting launch of Pokémon GO, there's an overwhelming demand for access to Pokémon Trainer Club accounts, including new accounts, profile changes, and password/username retrieval. Our team is hard at work improving support for these features. Until the work is complete, for a brief time, we'll be limiting the amount of access to these features. Please refresh your browser and try again."

The question is... should I just keep on refreshing that page for a while or should I wait for a few days?

Years
  • I believe with all of Trainer Club, as they use the same system for all Pokemon logins, they have literally suspended new account creation for the time being. But as it says to refresh the page, that confused me as well. Sorry I can't give a complete answer, but my suggestion is just waiting a few days until Pokemon GO calms down on the servers.

Years
  • So... I'm all excited about pokemon again and I decided to start playing TGCO... But I have a problem. I can't make a new account :/ When I try the website says:

"With the exciting launch of Pokémon GO, there's an overwhelming demand for access to Pokémon Trainer Club accounts, including new accounts, profile changes, and password/username retrieval. Our team is hard at work improving support for these features. Until the work is complete, for a brief time, we'll be limiting the amount of access to these features. Please refresh your browser and try again."

The question is... should I just keep on refreshing that page for a while or should I wait for a few days?

Check it every hour or so. New accounts are going to be hard to come by for a while as the message says because one of the login options for Pokemon Go is to use a Trainer Club account, which is tied to everything on Pokemon.com, including TCGO accounts. Your best bet is probably to try it between 6 AM and 12 PM your local time when most Americans are sleeping and the Japanese are at work.

I believe with all of Trainer Club, as they use the same system for all Pokemon logins, they have literally suspended new account creation for the time being. But as it says to refresh the page, that confused me as well. Sorry I can't give a complete answer, but my suggestion is just waiting a few days until Pokemon GO calms down on the servers.

They've suspended self-creation of accounts. They periodically have the page open for new registrations, though.

Back