• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thank You's From El: #2 The Battle Server Community [Daily Bloggity Entry #98]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • [css-div="background-color:#336666; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
    lFgW8Fs.gif
    Y3E3kdh.png
    7wz53Hv.png
    rS5OkUE.png

JvDYdMi.png
    mriCeIq.gif
    iHgSzjR.png

~ Thank You's From El ~
    #2. The Battle Server Community

Because of the popularity of the Daily Bloggity, the ten entries leading up to entry #100 will be dedicated to giving shoutouts to specific members for the connections that I've been able to make with people in my stay back here on PokeCommunity. Although I could make the list go on for ages, these are just a select few that I wanted to highlight and expose to the rest of the PC for the impact they've had on me.

Date: 02 June 2014
    Time: 4:03 PM ET
    Mood: Sleep cycle completely screwed up

PokeCommunity's Battle Server is by far one of the most underrated components to the site that I believe many community members completely overlook. When it comes to fast-paced, conversations with people mixed with crazy, customized pokemon battles, the Battle Server is the place to be. However, for some crazy reason, it isn't as popular as it should be. With all of the members on this site, you would think that it would be a lot more popular but unfortunately it is not. However, as an effect of this unfortunate happenstance, it has created a mini close community within the confines of PokeCommunity. As it's only a handful of us that constantly use the server, we've been able to make pretty awesome friendships with one another by battling, talking about our days, and overall just having a kickass time. Even though I've only been a part of the Battle Server since March, I've already been able to make great friends with a lot of people there and thus would just like to highlight a few.
    • + Slate (Thy King Slate) and + Srinator (WarPaint) - I still consider you two the "bickering old couple" of the Battle Server. The way you guys constantly sass each other is absolutely hysterical, so never change that. You two always make the Battle Server such a joy to be on, so never change. Slate: you've got amazing taste in music and I just wanted to thank you also for being such a driving force when it comes to my podcasts. War: I also wanted to thank you for helping me out when it came to battling. I had very little experience when it came in battling in the tiered levels and you've "coached" me so I could hold my own against the likes of some of the best Battle Servers battlers (which I haven't reached that level quite yet, but it's getting close.) Like I said...never change guys.
    • + Omicron - Similar to Slate, you've got a kickass taste in music. You've always been able to seriously impress me with the music you've sent my way and thus is why I'm extending my hand for you to co-run the Underground Tuesday portion of my blog - credit will be given and everything. I also consider you one of my biggest rivals when it comes battling in the OU tier (stupid stall team gaaaaah) and I swear one of these days I will beat you. You've rightfully earned that respected (=) icon on the server, as you seriously are a force to be reckoned with, and I think one of these days you'll be promoted up to a Battle Server staff. It's only just a matter of time in my opinion - keep up the awesome work!
    • Wolf (awolffromspace) and Aura Blackquill (Dragon) - Both of these members have some serious juggling that they do. Not only are they a part of the Battle Server, staff, but they are also Moderators of their own respectful sections on PC: the Battle Center from awolffromspace and The Welcome Lounge and Video Games for Dragon. They both do an amazing job connecting with the members on the server and thus have rightfully earned their staff positions. Wolf - thank you so much for ='ing me on the Battle Server. I was honestly super shocked to find myself going on one day and finding myself with that insignia, and it honestly means a hell of a lot to me. Dragon - you've done such a stellar job at not just the Battle Server but the Video Games section as well. Each time I go into there it's a completely new experience, and I'm honored to now be working alongside you in the same section that brought me much joy in my time at PC.
    • Nina Dobrev and Wintry (Altairis) - Two other members who are part of the Battle Server staff, these two have amazing personalities. Whether it's with their battling prowess or their hilarious antics with the members of the Server, they both have served their constituents quite proudly. They have also both been awesome participants in my podcast and thus I have been able to see how crazy and kooky both of them can be. It's hard to pin point what exactly about them that has everyone so crazily infatuated with them, but nonetheless the Battle Server is constantly blessed by their appearance and contributions to it.
    If you get a chance, go say hello to all of these members because they are all incredibly awesome in their own ways!​

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:
    [/css-div]

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • wow you are so sweet matt !! ;_; I'm sure I speak for the BS Community when I say thank you for including us! We love having you around! :)

also i'm p sure sector is weirder than me just in case anyone was wondering!!

i am pretty sure when people look at the blog and see the pictures they will be like "who is that constipated guy?" xD

But it really does feel like i have know you from like forever. Also yay \o/ i have appeared in teh bloggity

Back