• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen That damn Scyther and it's damn U-turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I apologize if this is not on the right board.
    Also, sorry for that hiatus. Oh well.
    Yesterday, I bought Soul Silver. I decided to make things harder on myself, so I picked Chikorita and am using a Rattata too. It's certainly not easy...
    I am currently on Bugsy. When he sends out his Scyther, it uses U-turn the first turn and kills me. I have to go to Bayleef, and that couldn't go well.
    So... What should I do? Is there a certain Pokemon I should catch to make Bugsy easier, or should I simply train Rattata until he can take a U-turn?
    Thanks!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Evolve your Bayleef since obviously 1st stage Pokemon are a lot stronger and having it evolved makes Bugsy easier since it's Attack and Speed go pretty good.
    Definitely evolve Ratatta since they're pretty weak. Bug Pokemon are weak against Fly-type so catch a Pidgey or Hoothoot. I recommend Pidgey. Although Hoothoot have higher HP stats/base stats than Pidgey, they're very hard to train and take till lv 20 to evolve. Pidgey evolve at lv 18 and are a lot easier to train. Evolve Pidgey and teaching it Roost could help.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Flying types resist bug type moves, and Pokemon with Rock Throw (read: Geodude and Onix) will smash Scyther as well given it is 4x weak to such attacks. The other option is to just grind a bit more, but basically you're not the first to have trouble against the likes of Bugsy's Scyther.

I don't think evolving Chikorita will help too much as it would be still weak to U-turn anyway, btw. It might survive a hit but probably not two of them.

If you have any other questions please ask them in the Help thread sticky at the top of this section. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back