• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Braviary with Super Power took out his Hydreigon with ease, but my biggest concern was that annoying Sigilyph.
    It forced me to use a few revives.

Years
    If I am honest, I didn't really have a problem taking him out; of course, his Hydreigon was the toughest, but other than that, I didn't have a problem.

Most likely because most of my Pokemon were high 60's or low 70's, so I could get the speed edge on them.​

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I intially had trouble with Hydreigon, then I realized my Braviary was pretty beastly and took it out with two Crush Claws.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The only reason I struggled was because I had Reshiram out in front (yes, I deliberately only had five pokémon pre-E4 in order to have an epic battle with Reshiram and N's Zekrom blasting the crap out of eachother with their signature moves). This led me to losing all but Reshiram, when I instantly switched him out. However, with a bit of Ice Beam and luck, I got there in the end.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    It was kind of hard because I was mentally drained from versing N. I found it cool how all my pokemon randomly healed.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    Hydreigon was annoying to fight it nearly kill all my Teamates with dragon pulse but I defeated it with my Scolipede because dark hates bug.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I got extremely lucky against his Hydreigon to be honest xD My initial strategy was to send out my Druddigon and hope I got lucky with Dragon Claw while holding a Quick Claw. Needless to say, this FAILED [I am so bad at strategies xD] So I send out Serperior and for some reason that I still cannot fathom I use Leech Seed against it in a desperate attempt to sap its HP a little. He knocks out Serperior in a few moves and I send out Krookodile.

Krookodile uses Brick Break and Hydreigon survives by about 1 HP. Now I'm thinking "Oh great, Ghetsis is gonna heal Hydreigon now and all my work will be for nothing" and then...LEECH SEED saps him down into a knockout! :D

One of the proudest accidental wins of my Pokémon career xD

His Bouffalont went up against my Krookodile.. I used Brick-Break and it got about 2/3 of its health down xD then it used Head Charge and Rocky Helmet + Recoil Damage = Death to Bouffalant xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    The battle with Ghetsis was much easier than what I expected. Only Pokémon I had trouble with was Hydreigon.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    Ghetsiswas impossible for me.
    then i gave up, went to victory road, got a Deino, trained it up to 64, then i used MY Hydregion!
    what now ghetsis?!

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Ghetsis' Hydreigon

Is it just me or is his Hydreigon extremely overpowered?
    I flew through all his previous Pokemon, with only one of them even getting damage, but then he released this god of a beast which one hit every one of my Pokemon O_O

Oh and by the way, my Pokemon have attacks which are super-effective against him, but with his fast speed and high hitting attacks he just destroyed me :/

Has anybody else had difficulty, or even have any advice?

Years
    I beat it with Gothitelle. My Gothie know's Brick Break so I pawnd that Hydreigon easily.

Hydreigon plays on everyone's weaknesses. It can take out Fire with water and kill ice with fire and focus Blast.

I suggest a Psychic or ghost Pokemon since it has no dark moves. Or a Bug type.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Is it just me or is his Hydreigon extremely overpowered?
    I flew through all his previous Pokemon, with only one of them even getting damage, but then he released this god of a beast which one hit every one of my Pokemon O_O

Oh and by the way, my Pokemon have attacks which are super-effective against him, but with his fast speed and high hitting attacks he just destroyed me :/

Has anybody else had difficulty, or even have any advice?

Merged with the thread that covers his Hydreigon - which surprisingly wasn't a challenge for me. :(

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I beat it with Gothitelle. My Gothie know's Brick Break so I pawnd that Hydreigon easily.

Hydreigon plays on everyone's weaknesses. It can take out Fire with water and kill ice with fire and focus Blast.

I suggest a Psychic or ghost Pokemon since it has no dark moves. Or a Bug type.

I have a level 64 Reuniclus...

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021

Merged with the thread that covers his Hydreigon - which surprisingly wasn't a challenge for me. :(
    I just typed in a 15 minute paragraph with about 10 counters to Hydreigon, and it just got deleted since the thread merging while I was typing >.>

I will edit this later with the appropreite counters to Hydreigon since I just lost my patience.

EDIT: Despite Hydreigon's perfect Coverage, it can be easily worked around with the proper Pokemon, let's name a few!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back