• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    That final battle with Ghetsis.

I found all his pokemon easy to take out. Other than that overpowered Hydreigon. It's crazy speed and special attack made my pokemon a piece of cake to take out. My strategy was to use my Unfezzant attack with fly,(because it took out a third of Hydreigon's hp) then switch out for another pokemon and heal Unfezzant. Howeve this took awhile due to the Full Restore spamming.

Anyways, did anyone else have trouble taking the hydreigon down?

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    It was not difficult at the slightest.

I just used blizzard on my Samurott.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My ice cream Pokemon had no problems taking down that Dragon. :D My entire team had at least one move that could easily counter each of his Pokemon, he wasn't much of a problem.

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    He always one shot my Zekrom, which was the only of my pokemon that had an advantage against him
    I wish I had a pokemon that could learn an ice type move, but I didn't. -.-

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    i think Reshiram/Zekrom could take it out in a few turns(assuming it doesn't beat it to the punch), a faster pokemon or an ice type helps too

Gary_MotherTucking_Oak

My Girth Alone>>>You
    Years
  • I used about 3-5 revives on the Hydgreion alone. Sadly, I had no Steel/Dragon/Ice type to tank his attacks. My Samurott survives one attack, I rage Revive.

Blizzard is a great option to fight against him. Non-Ice type Poke's can learn it too.

Neizue

B&W Completer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Nothing too it but to do it.

If you ask me, "overpowered" is an understatement. I beat him though... After rage quitting a few times :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Eelektross took ages to kill, and I have no idea why. It was probably because my strongest moves/Pokemon happened to be most proficient at Ground-type moves (aka level 52 Excadrill yeah!). Aside from that, though, I really didn't have any kind of troubles with him. :(

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Other way around. I had Krookorok and just used Crunch and Foul play and sweeped his whole time. But you do need a couple of revives/max revives/full restores and a roggenrola

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Haxorus=WIN! My pokemon were way overleveleed when I battled him so he was easy, but still, Haxorus ftw.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • i had no pokemon with me that had a move that can take out hydreigon so it took me a while, even with zekrom. I didn't bother getting the blizzard TM cause i thought it cost too much.
    It finally went down when i had scrafty use hi jump kick on it. i didnt know it was a dark type so i didnt know that fighting moves were super effective.

Unfortunately for me, important trainers have the habbit of sending their best out first when they're down to 2 in my game, so that wasn't his last pokemon for me.

i had no pokemon with me that had a move that can take out hydreigon so it took me a while, even with zekrom. I didn't bother getting the blizzard TM cause i thought it cost too much.
    It finally went down when i had scrafty use hi jump kick on it. i didnt know it was a dark type so i didnt know that fighting moves were super effective.

Unfortunately for me, important trainers have the habbit of sending their best out first when they're down to 2 in my game, so that wasn't his last pokemon for me.

Last edited:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'm looking forward to fighting him in the English-version games since I'll be using Tepig in my first playthrough. It'll be a nice ending to the main story to have my starter take down the big bad's most powerful Pokemon.

When I played the Japanese versions I didn't actually have much trouble with Hydreigon, especially in White when I used Throh. Superpower may have been cheesing it a little but it was still a cool moment. It's that Eelektross of his that can cause real problems, what with it having no weaknesses and a decent moveset and all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It took me a very long time to beat him with my VERY underpowered team, but I got there eventually. Hydreigon was a pain to say the least.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I took out a few of his pokémon with one hits, the only Pokémon I really had trouble with was his stupid Hydreigon, it took out the whole of my team. I decided to teach my Electross "Dragon tail" and I beat him it the second time in two hits. I didn't actually use any revives or potions during N and Ghetsis so i'm pretty damn proud of myself. :P

Other than that he was very easy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    I was insanely lucky when fighting his Hydregion. I was using a Cryogonal and i managed to dodge two Focus Blasts is a row and kill him with Ice Beam.

It happened again during my second playtrough. I'm a lucky guy :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I lost to him and stupidly saved the game after.

What do I do now? it says i cant enter the league right now.

:(

Back