• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The rule about NPC's:
    They must be either
    a)Brainless
    b)Somewhat Smart
    c)Stupid
    d)A pain in the ass (aka Double Team spam etc.)
    c)all of the above

Last edited:
    Years

Soooo...does anyone have any recommendations for a good Ruby ROM-hack? Btw, I'm currently playing Light Platinum, so that's out of the picture.

Years
    Ruby ROM-Hack? There aren't many games that use Ruby as a base, and I know because I came for the ROM Hacking, but I can think of one. Pokemon Snakewood uses Ruby as a base I believe, but it's a game about Hoenn in an apocalypse, with Fakemon, Zombies etc. so it may not meet your interests. I still recommend it, as it is quite popular. FYI, if a hack isn't in my sig or the supported ROM hacks list, it doesn't mean I don't like it! Shout out to destindjagold here, your hacks are amazing!

Years

I have thought about Snakewood, as it is quite popular from what I have seen. The only reason I wouldn't download it would be because of the Fakemons. I don't like Fakemons because there are so many, and I don't know if it is a good Pokemon with great stats, or a bad Pokemon. But, I would be willing to make an exception with Snakewood. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    The best Ruby hack I know is Baro's Quartz. Though it's only hilarious if you are Spanish, I'm afraid. Otherwise it's just weird.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

#StillInMiddleSchool

#StillInMiddleSchool

Yup, I joined PC when I was eleven.

I have thought about Snakewood, as it is quite popular from what I have seen. The only reason I wouldn't download it would be because of the Fakemons. I don't like Fakemons because there are so many, and I don't know if it is a good Pokemon with great stats, or a bad Pokemon. But, I would be willing to make an exception with Snakewood. Thanks for the suggestion!

Snakewood was madness. And probably one of the most fun hacks I've played.

Years
    I tend to stay away from Fakemon too, but Snakewood was just too crazy for me to not play. It's still a good hack though. Ruby isn't the most used base, as most hackers opt for FR/LG or Emerald.

Also don't forget you can't patch a hack onto another hack because it needs to be a clean ____ ROM, so don't try patching Snakewood onto LP!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I don't play many hacks :3 But the coolest ones I've tried were based on 2nd gen games, like Gold mostly I think. Pokemon Brown or Pokémon Prism or something I think?

Years
    I haven't played Brown or Prism though I have played rijonAdventures. It's pretty good and it's sad it's probably never going to be completed. I still have a recording of the part where you have to infiltrate the opposite gender's hot springs.

I haven't played Brown or Prism though I have played rijonAdventures. It's pretty good and it's sad it's probably never going to be completed. I still have a recording of the part where you have to infiltrate the opposite gender's hot springs.

Years
    Yup.

The first time I saw you, Went, was in ROM Hacks actually. Even though that was the Pokemon Adventures Series drama, but it was forgiven. It's okay now.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Yup.

The first time I saw you, Went, was in ROM Hacks actually. Even though that was the Pokemon Adventures Series drama, but it was forgiven. It's okay now.

I spent the first year of my PC life in Rom Hacking, beta testing games (Shiny Gold too!) and trying to make Christos fall for me. Good times.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    I spent the first year of my PC life in Rom Hacking, beta testing games (Shiny Gold too!) and trying to make Christos fall for me. Good times.

I never had the time to beta test, but wouldn't mind doing it if I had sufficent time to do so. It's nice helping others out. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back