• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I generally think of fire when I think of magma, in the same way that I expected Lava-bending to be a Fire-bending art.

Though I guess the former makes more sense to be at Ground, or at least Fire/Ground, considering magma is used to describe the earth itself. Though you would think, under those circumstances, Aqua wouldn't have any problems.

blue

gucci
    Years

Surprisingly I only recently found out that Groudon is Pure Ground-type. So this could indicate that Team Magma is in fact a ground based team..

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I'm in the same boat, Hoenn. Or at least, I always forget.

But the change does work for a nice bit of balancing, and it makes sense as well. After all, what is magma without fire, really? Dirt? (That said, this change does make Kyogre more of a threat, I really don't see why Aqua has trouble with Magma). Though...when you think about it, this makes a lot more sense in terms of lore. If it were just Ground, the whole "Groudon and Kyogre create Continents" deal wouldn't really make sense considering there's no real duality between Earth and water and, in a real life sense, water and ground would basically simply lead to corrosion, as opposed to Fire and Water (or Lava/Magma and Water), which actually create land.

...Though I guess if one were to argue Earthquake it could work out, but even then, no real need for duality.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Primal Groudon's divine power of ****ing sunshine does render all water attacks utterly and completely useless, though. Not so easy to sprinkle it to death any more. :P

Ironically that does mean its only practical weakness is Ground.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Surely no crazier than Faroe Islands winning an official real football match, away (their first one in 19 years), against a former European Champion.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 223206. Not that crazy, but a historical bottom feeder team that has been enigmatic and mediocre this season upset a team that was in the hunt for the national title on the 8th. Plus a several other games that disrupted the national title race.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

By 'meet' I mean I meet them in a dark alley and take their money

hoohoohoo...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back