• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Let me put this as delicately as I can...

Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Nah, it's cool. Balloons can get pretty big, are indeed playthings, and are generally easy to beat.

But yeah, the SAO RP is really fun if you can put yourself into the experience. That's really part of why I got into roleplaying in the first place: conceptually, it's the closest you'll get to a game allowing you to do whatever you want. I mean, you guys know me, I'm an avid gamer, but there is always something of a disconnect between the character you're playing as and what you want them to do. Even versatile games have to be restricted because currently (and realistically), there's no way to allow your character to move in a specific way and can only do what the controls allow you to.

That's actually why I was really into Dot Hack when I was younger. Well, there were other reasons, too; they were great games (as a kid I didn't really have the patience for the shows, though). The idea that there was an MMO that, first of all, was an Action RPG, one that wasn't just a Target-and-command MMO like...well, most MMOs for the past 30 years, was the coolest thing. But what was more, it didn't feel robotic, and maybe this was just dramatization, but what I saw was a game that really allowed their players to come alive through their characters, both through their actions and through gameplay.

Eh...but I'm just rambling now.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Add in the fact she's both extremely lazy as well as terrified of killing innocents with her power, she prefers to be alone anyway

It's quite hilarious when a group of adventurers stumble upon her and decide to fight her...

"What happened to you?"

"Got destroyed by something that's five times smaller than me..."

Sasha barely comes up to your knees, for crying out loud...and Echo is even SMALLER...

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

My group and I are currently playtesting a WIP rulebook called Apocalypse World: Dark Age. It's rather neat, we've created a viking-like people and I'm this huge hunk of a woman who drinks and fights all day. Sometimes both simultaneously.

We stumbled upon the den of a Tolkien-esque dragon four sessions in, roughly the size of an apartment complex. It was literally impossible for us to kill through normal means, due to the Arm./Harm differences, and negotiations failed when one of our guys decided brutal honesty was a much better idea than acting humbly when talking to a dragon. It was a pure miracle that we managed to kill the thing by blinding the fucker, climbing it bit by bit while it blindly ravaged the place, haphazardly cutting open its eardrum and throwing stones enchanted with explosive capabilities into the cavity and then getting the hell away from it, mid-flight.

All our blood ritual goats were lost that day. Though that was to the spiders, not the dragon.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Yeah, I don't tend to do that

LEEEEEEROOOOOY JEEEEEKIIIIINS

*ends up in respawn*

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

"When you smiled, you had my undivided attention. When you laughed, you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried, you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back