• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

Well I just noticed that we are all off one number, and It's my fault. Sorry :(

Years
  • 219466. I like everything. Pretty much. Though stuff like Die Antwoord's So What? is more my style, but as that's not PC appropriate, I'll give you something else.

Also, I prefer certain styles of metal. I personally don't think modern metal sounds better than classic metal for the most part. A lot of it is technically better from an ability standpoint, but sound can be sacrificed if too much emphasis is put on the technical aspects. For the record, though, I prefer metal that isn't death metal and has less screaming in the vocals, and also doesn't have raspy-sounding singers who sound like they're putting no effort into the vocals.

For instance, I prefer the lyrical flow of Blind Guardian's The Maiden and the Minstrel over their song Majesty, but I prefer both of these over the Demon Hunter songs linked above because of the raspy sounding vocals that feel like there was no effort put into actually singing them other than the points where the vocalist is screaming as loudly as possible. The instruments are technically sound but I feel have way too much dependence on the drums to the point where the guitars are playing second fiddle to them.

To finish on a good note, I find this to be fun to listen to because of the vocals and the guitar:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I really can't comment here, I've never listened to any of their songs.

I honestly wonder how. They've been around since the 80's, always releasing quality stuff. Most of the bands today were influenced by that era.

First time playing this game, and it looks like you folks are discussing metal music. Anyone noticed that modern metal music sound way deeper than classic metal music?

In what sense? The lyrics being more personal/involving feelings mostly? Recent bands have been doing that a lot, and I don't enjoy it much really, because one of the things I like the most about the bands I listen to is that they write pretty much about anything.

Yukari

I honestly wonder how. They've been around since the 80's, always releasing quality stuff. Most of the bands today were influenced by that era.

Most, If not all of the music I listen to is by Demon hunter or Red.
    For instance, I prefer the lyrical flow of Blind Guardian's The Maiden and the Minstrel over their song Majesty, but I prefer both of these over the Demon Hunter songs linked above because of the raspy sounding vocals that feel like there was no effort put into actually singing them other than the points where the vocalist is screaming as loudly as possible. The instruments are technically sound but I feel have way too much dependence on the drums to the point where the guitars are playing second fiddle to them.

I totally understand where your coming from about the "Raspy" vocals, though Dead Flowers isn't so bad.
    This song better then anything by demon hunter in my opinion.

[ythd]D4y3xPe6iVU[/ythd]

This band plays Alternative Rock and not metal though.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

When someone starts mentioning classical muisc, I think way further back than the 20th century.
    But anything can be classical, I guess. Which I suppose makes the term a bit difficult to use.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Me too. I think of composers such as Beethoven and Vivaldi. Beethoven's works are absolute masterpieces. To think that he was almost completely deaf when he composed his 9th Symphony...

PG Tips

Neck biter extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015

Y'all should be ashamed for neglecting this thread.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I had nothing to say which isn't a very good excuse here in Forum Games is it.

Years
  • 291481. Nah. That's the fault of my coworker, who would show me things on Reddit. I'm the one who pushed him to sign up, but between us we only have 500 comment karma and 200 link karma.

also i'm not really obsessed i just like browsing when things are slow since PC is blocked through the filter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back