• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"That is so fetch!"

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
  • The only one I can think of right now is "y'all," since I live in the south. There's also stuff like "kinda," "sorta," and "gotta." Oh and I can't forget the word "stuff." The most useful word I know, in my opinion.

Years
  • That is so fetch
    Heh... Mean girls.. :P
    I use a lot of words and phrases, some I get off different shows I loved and now it's just habit. My friends say they can tell it's me even if I'm using someone elses phone or messaging thing because of how I talk haha. I don't even know how I talk though, but apparently it's different to my friends haha. ;)

But one of my most favourite things is when someone says something that I do not care at all about, is: '....okay' And carry on what I was doing. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I end a lot of sentences online with "omg" or "omfg" and offline I do say "oh my god" a lot, too. I also start a lot of sentences (on-and offline) with "so," "apparently," or a combo of the two. I also have a tendency to pepper my sentences with swear words around good friends, although I don't know if that counts, haha.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I tend to subconsciously fit the word 'like' into a lot of my online and real life conversations. It just kind of slips out when talking, even if it's not even appropriate in the given sentence! XD; As for online, I just type it when I'm trying to think of something to say and need to give a pause... but yeah, I use it far too much and should definitely stop.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • A word synonymous for poop, as well as the phrase "I'm done". The former cause, well, something always has to happen. And the latter because my life's craycray. 8D

Sailor Moon ™

Champion of Justice
    Years
  • It depends on the situation. If I'm with my friends I tend to overly-use the word "Breh." And, if I'm talking to someone who's younger than me I throw around "Dear", "Hun/Hon", and "Sweetheart."

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • Mmm... I actually tend to say "I suppose" or "I believe so" when someone around me states something ridiculously obvious, which goes without saying that it happens a lot :p

But all in all, I quote people from random movies/series/videos/anime/cartoon I watch like, all the time, so I can't really make a list of which phrases I use the most other than the two above xD

Years
  • Other than obvious colloquial phrases in my country which I basically thrive off of, I often say "rather", "ought to" instead of should, "nah, it's cool (blud)", "weheyy", "fudge" in replace of a bad word and "Ah lads".

Yup.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Here are tonight's top ten phrases that I repeat like a broken record!

10. Oh my god
    9. Like
    8. Yes
    7. I guess so
    6. Whatever
    5. Um...
    4. No
    3. Uh...
    2. (sigh)

and number one...
    1. I don't know

On a side note: I'm taking a public speaking class over the summer and in every speech you hear someone say "uh" or "um" without fail.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • i say lots of words because i am a big mouth......no i'm not!! i just don't notice
    *scratch head* i say Arigato Gozimaso a lot instead of thanks while having a help from my sisters and Bakaa too..enough that

Back