• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That one move that you absolutely despise.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
  • I recently restarted my Gold and Blue versions and I have to say...
    I HATE SAND ATTACK.

I always train my starter to level 10 on the first route to give me a little early game advantage over a few things, and these stupid Pidgeys always use Sand Attack. Multiple Times.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I. HATE. FOCUS PUNCH.

Any opponent that has it will inevitably hold out on using it until I use a stat move or something. I'll be like "Oh, I think it's safe to use Calm Mi-WTF WHERE'D THAT COME FROM GAAAAAH" >__<

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Thunder = UGH

Every time I use the move it misses. Makes me lose battles EVERY SINGLE time. I hate the move so much, I haven't used the move since 3rd Generation came out.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Protect and Detect. Every Pelipper seems to have Protect. I also hate Confuse Ray. Especially when a wild Golbat uses it mainly because they're so fast.

Couldn't have put it better myself :L

I dont mind Thunder, Hydro Pump etc.... they always seem to hit for me :L when they're used on me however.... >.< Damn you Hall Matron Argenta with your freakin' Empoleon!

Also kinda hate Dragon Rush after Cynthia's Garchomp.. so many fun evenings spent swearing at that hideous purple thing ><

Last edited:

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Sleep Powder, Explosion, Cut, Confuse Ray. It's pissing me off, seriously.

Happy_Hereford

'Nicole da Silva' obsessed
    Years
  • Hypnosis. cause when the AI uses it, it always hits. For example:

(Your Pokemon) used Thunderbolt!
    Foe Haunter used Hypnosis!
    (Your Pokemon) is fast asleep!
    Used a Full Restore.
    Foe Haunter used Hypnosis!
    (Your Pokemon) is fast asleep!

... and so on.

RAAAAAGE!

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I really hate confuse ray because for some reason the pokémon I'm battling always tend to know when my pokémon is no longer confused and use it again. After my pokémon seemed to wack itself to death it finally becomes no longer confused and BAM the next pokémon's move after mine is better: confuse ray! I've also started to dislike hypnosis since my Gengar always misses yet it's level 70 with decent speed stats and for some reason couldn't hit a level 20 pokémon when I stummbled upon a trainer on a route I missed. lolwtf?

Other mentions that are in the top moves I despise would be Protect (other trainers pokemon spam this move in my game, I swear.) and after playing some in Battle Frontier I really hate Metronome.. The pokémon I was playing against kept getting type advantage moves against mine and I thought metronome was supposed to be random?! Yet, when my pokemon has it, it gets lame moves like splash or tackle. >_> epic fail.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    i hate when people use leech seed, toxic, then mega drain, each move does little damage but when together,its annoying and powerful.

shemellon

middle trainer
    Years
  • sheer cold, fissure , guillotine, supersonic -shemellon- its not fair that when i use the one hit ko moves , i always miss but the other people can. -shemellon- supersonic and confuse ray aggravate me because confusion really does urk me. -shemllon- in general i also hate super innacurate moves -shemellon-

The Red Chain

Double Team and any move that induces sleep.
    I can NEVER manage to hit the AI whenever they use Double Team, even once. I always have to hold a move that never misses somewhere on my team like Aerial Ace for biased programming like that. D:< Sleep inducing is a real jerk too.. it lasts for over 5 turns every time and whenever I'm put out I always manage to have zero healing items that can wake my Pokemon up.

I miss the Pokeflute rn. ;~;

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I really hate Confuse Ray (or anything else that can confuse, like Water Pulse). I just hate that your Pokemon might be able to attack, but if you take that chance it might not. And you end up inflicting damage on yourself. It bugs me.

Any other moves that make it so you can't attack. I like just physically battling and getting battles over with. If I'm frozen or paralyzed or asleep whatever, I have to waste a move by healing my Pokemon. xD

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    moves that enduce sleep and poison, sleep your pokemon is useless, poison they are hurt after battle

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Must-have in-game moves (HMs) and every luck move the Battle Tower ect. abuse.

Splash is cool though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Double Team, the OHKO moves, and Confuse Ray. And there are plenty of Battle Tower/Frontier trainers who LOVE these moves, which I avoid that place like the plague...

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
  • Dark void:
    IT'S TOO ACCURATE AARRGGGH RAGE
    Hypnosis:
    this always hits when other people use it, when I do, it's so unreliable.
    I hate fighting against Close combat.
    Trick room:
    ARRGGHH. It gets too annoying. I hate it especially when used with Fake out.
    Extreme Speed.
    I've come not to like it very, I dunno. I just don't like it.
    Water Spout/Eruption
    Abuse. Ugh.

My friends hate protect. I LOVE IT. <3

Back