• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That one move that you absolutely despise.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
  • Endeavor. I HATE IT.

I'll get a pokmeon down to red and then it uses that and my pokemon's health goes down >__< Also, sometimes the other pokemon will have full health but if they're weaker than my pokemon, my health goes down anyway @____@;

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I loathe protect. I can see how it would be helpful if you use it, but when my opponent uses it, it just makes me want to scream. Especially when he's almost knocked out and using it is rather frivolous for him, anyway.

I also hate Self Destruct. Mostly when it takes out my Pokemon, too. I lose out on EXP because the other person decided taking a loss would be a good idea. ><

Instantmashed

Master Mashed
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    does it have to be one move? or zubats entire movepool?

if so supersonic...i stomped on every single zubat i ever saw

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Is there one move that you hate with a flaming passion? Whether it be a move that always knocks out your Pokemon, makes you want to rip your hair out, or misses when it's all on the line, we each have a move that we absolutely despise.

The worst are one-hit knockout (OHKO) moves, for these reasons:
    fenyx4 said:
    I admit, encountering a Pokemon who uses Double Team can get very aggravating (especially when employed by Blissey or Crobat), but it is a valid tactic. The same goes for the other stats. If I don't want you maximizing your Attack, well, I'm going to have to devise a strategy that and combat and/or counter offensive boosting measures. Just the same, bring something that can stop Double Team. You have Haze, perfect-accuracy moves, and forced-Pokemon-switching moves at your disposal, not to mention a myriad of strategies you could put into use. A move's status as being "annoying" to the majority should not be grounds for forbidding said move.

One thing advantageous about banning Double Team is that it helps prevent "endless battles". I remember in Emerald's Battle Factory, I used a rental Vileplume against a opponent's Crobat. Both of them were holding Leftovers and knew the move Double Team. The battle dragged on, and boiled down to the point where both Pokemon could only use Struggle, had +6 Evasiveness, and had a Leftovers heal each turn. Frustrating as it was, I had to turn off the game and end the battle, which ruined my winning streak. Struggle's damage was merely negated by Leftovers heals repeatedly, and missing meant the opponent got to recover additional damage. I think I played that match for nearly an hour, with no end in sight. Had the Double Team-Leftovers thing not been in place, I believe the battle would have ended much quicker.

And I hate how items like Scope Lens are banned, yet Absol with Super Luck is still permitted in competition. And Absol is entirely capable of having another non-luck-based ability, at that.

As for one-hit knockout (OHKO) moves...I feel banning those is very justified and understandable, though I am somewhat open to allowing those moves in a battle. If used, they essentially nullify the user's Attack/Special Attack stat(s), the opponent's Defense/Special Defense stat(s), and the opponent's HP stat. Plus, the move effectively has "infinite" power; 30-point accuracy is hardly going to deter its effectiveness. Three entire stats removed from the equation. And at least the ones like Fissure and Horn Drill/Guillotine are slightly balanced; Sheer Cold (Ice-Type) doesn't even have an immunity to contest it! The point of Pokemon battles is essentially to whittle the foe Pokemon's HP down to zero. If the HP value is rendered meaningless, there's not really a point, as anyone can just press A and get an instant-KO. Theoretically, OHKO moves are the only moves that can make any battle last only six turns. Perish Song isn't nearly as punishing, as it does not decide fainting on the turn it is used.

I've gotten plenty of Battle Frontier streaks ruined by OHKO moves when I likely would have survived the attacks otherwise. :cer_pissed:

Also, Double Team. I'm an advocate of it getting unbanned for standard play, but it's still a frustrating move. Just because something is annoying doesn't necessarily mean it should be banned - there's a problem, though, when a move completely nullifies three different stats and essentially has infinite base power.

Ew. Earthquake .___.

Agreed. Previously in the Battle Frontier, everyone had it but me, as if they won a lottery with a the prize being a freaking lifetime supply of TM26. Yet I can only get one for certain; otherwise having to rely on the 0.1% chance of obtaining TM26 via the PickUp ability of a Level 100 Linoone. (10% chance of Pickup activating after battle. Out of the items that can be picked up via the Pickup ability, there is a 1% chance of the item being TM26.
    0.10*0.01 = 0.001 = 0.1%
    :cer_pissed:)

Protect and Detect. Gosh, that move is totally worthless. I mean, you're going to get hit eventually, why waste time? And you can't use them two times in a row, as it is unlikely to work again. Plus it doesn't even damage your opponent.

QFT. Just a waste of time.

I dispise SPLASH its useless and magickarps always seem to use it FUFUFUFUUUUU

Agreed. Waste of data (though quite hilarious in the anime and in Super Smash Brothers when opponents are affected). :cer_laugh:

Attract.

It doesn't come up very often but when it does my

I know, right? My view regarding infatuation pertaining to whichever of my Pokemon affected by it:

Infatuation: I lavish you with Berries, Potions, Vitamins, tender loving care, and the like, as well as protecting you and healing you and feeding you well, and all of a sudden you just fall for some random JIGGLYPUFF that hasn't even provided for you and that you'll never even see again?! And the Verdanturf lady says you adore me - yeah, right! T_T Even worse with the Pokemon who require happiness for evolution.

Protect and Detect. Every Pelipper seems to have Protect. I also hate Confuse Ray. Especially when a wild Golbat uses it mainly because they're so fast.

It's like their freaking signature move or something, especially in the Battle Tower. Or maybe even their "coming-of-age" move?! @_@

Additionally, I hate pretty much any move with base power lower than 60 (excluding moves without a base power at all). Decent for in-game use, but usually horrible for competitive battling (particularly most HMs). :(

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I saw Fake Out mentioned already. I hate that move! If I'm lucky, I'll have Crobat out and they'll have wasted their turn.

I know it hypocritical to hate Double Team, Sand Attack or any other move that raises evasiveness or lowers accuracy considering that I use them in some form or another on most of my teams, but I despise them. Actually, I hate them because when I use it on them six times, the AI hits me four out of five times, but when they use it once, I constantly miss.

Oh, and Flash. It's completely worthless in battle and only needed for one or two places.

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • Self Destruct, most annoying move for the simple fact that EVERY since Geodude or Gravler I come across has it. It's frustrating cuz that one simple move can wipe a Pokemon. Especially since it has 200 power and 100% accuracy. >.<

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    Just plain hate softboiled with Chancey or blissy. Annoying, draws battle out, and I wonder if its infinint. Get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • Most annoying move ever? Wrap in Gen I. If the other pokemon has a higher speed than you, kiss your pokemon goodbye because your never going to get an attack in.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I forgot to mention Leech Seed. That move is incredibly annoying. I get so mad when the other pokemon steals my health!

And yeah, Wrap is really annoying too.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Explosion for one, My togekiss used it through metronome once and the opponent avoided it. btw guess who the opponent was.

Bidoof

and it happened another time too.
    Derp

Then there's attract. Just when I think I've got the gym leader cornered. BAM Attract
    Especially Flannery and Whitney. They're annoying enough as it is.

Finally, any move that doesn't have 100 accuracy. It always misses when I need it to hit most.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • Any move that causes you to flinch because the cpu will keep spamming it and make you flinch like five times in a row or until you need to use a full restore or something but then they just use the move again and the flinching continues.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    I hate any move that makes the opponent pokemon take away my pokemon HP points. Grrr.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • After facing a Chansey in the Battle Tower...

Minimize/Defense Curl/Recover.

Whenever it used Metronome, it landed on something weak or worthless. So the battle took FOREVER.

Eventually, we were both down to Struggling and I finally won. It was horrible.

But, the most hated move used by an "ingame" Pokemon... Probably Rest.

Me: -fights Lance's Salamence with Noctowl-

Lance: -runs out of PP for most of his moves due to Noctowl being underleveled + Full Restore spam-

Lance: -Rest-

>_< I wasted quite a few Ethers on grinding a freakin' Noctowl.

Back