• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That one Pokemon

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
    Years
    This :
    That one Pokemon

=

URGE TO KILL RISING!

I hate the buggers!

This :
    That one Pokemon

=

URGE TO KILL RISING!

I hate the buggers!

Last edited:
    Years
    There's a few, Pidove/Tranquill, Boldore, Gurdurr and when I was wondering around Route 4 I was getting sick of seeing Sandile pop up every two seconds.

Years
    That one Pokemon

Hate it's stupid Hypnosis/Confuse Ray combo.

That one Pokemon

Because of it's ability meaning you can't KO it in one hit.

That one Pokemon

Because it appears literally every 2/3 steps in Chargestone Cave.

Ok that was 3 pokemon :P

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I don't know why people would be mad at the PKMN which you can't knock out in one hit. It's not a big deal, really. Just don't battle it when it pops right in front of you.

Anyways, there is one PKMN I hate. Pidove. I caught one because its final evolution is quite powerful,
    but Pidove is just plain annoying that it always pop in front of you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I don't know why people would be mad at the PKMN which you can't knock out in one hit. It's not a big deal, really. Just don't battle it when it pops right in front of you.

I think it's because a lot of people like to battle every wild pokemon they come across. They might not give a lot of EXP in one go, but all those encounters add up to quite a few levels especially for game play-throughs. But if you do that against a pokemon that can survive the first attack, you're going to be using at least double the amount of PP you normally would and find yourself running out quickly.

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    That one Pokemon

This guy. He shows up a few times too many for my liking. It wouldn't be so bad - I like this pokemon otherwise - but you can't knock it out in one hit because of its ability. Too many of them and my team would slowly get worn down before I was through a cave. Thank goodness there are those doctors hanging around in the middle of nowhere.

I have to agree that it's an annoying Pokemon, especially when it appears 3 or more times in a row lol. But I do love Gigalith, its final evolution. I'm hoping to EV train one for wi-fi battles later. :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I think it's because a lot of people like to battle every wild pokemon they come across. They might not give a lot of EXP in one go, but all those encounters add up to quite a few levels especially for game play-throughs. But if you do that against a pokemon that can survive the first attack, you're going to be using at least double the amount of PP you normally would and find yourself running out quickly.

Really? I only battle trainers. I never battle wild PKMN. I only catch them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Really? I only battle trainers. I never battle wild PKMN. I only catch them.

As I say, a lot of people like to, not everyone. For someone who doesn't battle wild pokemon it probably isn't a big deal, but others might not want to waste the opportunity for the EXP.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    That one Pokemon

This guy. He shows up a few times too many for my liking. It wouldn't be so bad - I like this pokemon otherwise - but you can't knock it out in one hit because of its ability. Too many of them and my team would slowly get worn down before I was through a cave. Thank goodness there are those doctors hanging around in the middle of nowhere.

^--- she spoke it all for me, boldore is annoying hard to kill, but worth the experiance at victory road

Nameless.

I honestly found a good amount of everything, and a nice balance between encounter rates. Though, as Scarf posted, mister stoney was pretty annoying for a little while.
    The piranha was really annoying too on the water. However, none of these were for very long so I was perfectly fine throughout most of the play-through. :D

Loving the balance between the Pokemon encounters, seriously. <3

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    This Gen is much better than previous ones for having a variety of Pokemon on each route. I currently have 6 Badges and the only ones that have mildly annoyed me are the Pidove/Tranquill and all the DAMN SCRAGGY.

Years
    The amount of Patrats I have encountered throughout them game is ridiculous, I am so sick of seeing it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    What annoys me about the game is you just fight the evolved forms in the wild when you get farther it seems you never get to actually see new ones.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    That one Pokemon

This. >_<
    When traveling the desert, it constantly pops out and wastes your time with Intimidate. I HATE it. It's also annoying when TP Grunts use it...
    EDIT: This too.
    That one Pokemon

It looks really annoying and it's OHKOs my Pokemon with its stupid physical attacks..

Years
    That one Pokemon

Sturdy is the only reason I hate seeing Boldore. :x It's obnoxious. But at least it gives out nice exp with a Lucky Egg.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    The Bug-Steel of Victory Road for its heavy hitting Crunch, Bug Bite, and Iron Head flinch factor.

DURANT

Such a profane annoyance that I am training on Routes 9 & 10 so I don't have to Smoke Ball whatever I'm training.

/endrant

Watchog....Hate the thing with an almost scary passion. :L
    It eyes are seriously creepy o.o
    That one Pokemon

I only hate these for their Super Fang & Confuse Ray.

ALSO: This screams Jeff Dunham to me due to his Bubba J puppet: "And, uh, thurrr she was, huh-hyuck"

Back