• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Silly Proctor!!!!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
k before this leads into a flammable topic of discussion about the infamous "oh my god" phrase let's cut it now. Save it for PM discussions.

also continuing on discussing about this will result in violating the religious rule.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
frostweaver said:
k before this leads into a flammable topic of discussion about the infamous "oh my god" phrase let's cut it now. Save it for PM discussions.

also continuing on discussing about this will result in violating the religious rule.
I wasn't bashing him... Sorry Punkie........

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
Fire Master said:
Some dumb ol' Procter told you that! Geee what maybye she/he would yell at you if you were like punching eacthoer because you where just pretending to "attack because you where "battleing" but i don't think you did that

:p
Nope. We didn't even touch each other. Maybe she (It was a she.) thought Pokemon is a violent game full of gore. We weren't pretending we were "battling".

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Graaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

I really don't know why people got so hyped about Pok?mon. It actually teaches good values and/or lessons for kids or the young at heart. ^_^ But because it's Japanese, these people had to frown upon it. If you ask me, there are American cartoons that are TEN TIMES worse than Pok?mon. I.E.: South Park (indefinitely ^^;), any cartoon that involves anvils being slammed on characters' heads randomly; why doesn't anyone make a big deal about that? Because it's American and anything that's American in America can slide right by the censors without question. For some stupid reason parents freaked out probably because they didn't want to be bothered spending all their money on what they thought was completely worthless and going against religions of the sort. It just baffles me and it made me totally miffed...?_? Pok?mon is just an enjoyable hobby as worthy as any other. Case closed. I should become a lawyer. ^___^

P.S. -- I wouldn't worry too much about that proctor telling you not to play what you wanted to which was obviously Pok?mon, pika-mew. Heck, at my school I have people who yell at us for playing CARDS and tell us to put them away. Why? Because it's supposedly classified as "gambling" even though you'd just be playing it for fun out of boredom. It's a REALLY crazy world out there.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
let's not drag political reasonings or opinions into this post.

Some people are just over-sensitive of things, like the card incident you have Sayuri no Hoshi. They are just afraid that you and your friends maybe gambling so they ban that immediately. It's just over-sensitivity.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
frostweaver said:
let's not drag political reasonings or opinions into this post.

Some people are just over-sensitive of things, like the card incident you have Sayuri no Hoshi. They are just afraid that you and your friends maybe gambling so they ban that immediately. It's just over-sensitivity.

I don't think it's wrong at all to state opinions in message boards -- that's pretty much half the reason why we have them. I was just debating...it's okay...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sayuri no Hoshi said:

I don't think it's wrong at all to state opinions in message boards -- that's pretty much half the reason why we have them. I was just debating...it's okay...

i believe in that too... it pains to see that religious and political comments are banned. Because some people in the past and even now cannot handle these topics maturely with an open mind, and led them to flame wars. To prevent flaming the admins are forced to put a ban on these topics... it's very sad...

either way i'm going off topic now... sorry...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Sudowoodo_prince said:
I think people think anime is evil because it comes from a country that hardly believes in any gods. like, 0.8% was christian and there are other small parts that have a religion.

I thought the mainstream religion in Japan, Shinto, believed in numerous gods? Just because they don't believe in ONE god...

Eh, just follow the rules and play Pok?mon in private, like after school or something. While rebelling may seem fun, it's not worth it because teachers are rule nazis.

*Geez, you can't even say "Oh my god" anymore? What happened to this place?*

Porygon

Banned
Years
Myself, as a Christian, would prefer that is not said. Anyway, back on topic before some Blaziken Flamethrowers me?

When I'm here, I am always switching the windows if I am at risk of being seen. Same with playing my Ruby Rom [of course, the computer admin has a vendetta against Emulators, as well], I can't be seen or I face undue troubles. There was a time, however, when I was able to play the TCG at lunch, until the other players stopped bringing their cards. I miss those days, although we were often verbally abused, and occasionally someone would throw the cards around.

Chaeran

No longer here
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2004
I thought Shinto was ancestor worship? Anyway...next year is my last in high school (O_O;;)...if someone asked me if I liked Pok?mon, well yes I do. Is there a problem? Harry Potter has some respect there. I can't even bring my Magic: The Gathering cards to school without someone looking at me amused or upset. *sigh* In art class, if your style even resembles anime, you're gonna get a lecture, like it or not. Realism and "Western style cartoon" only.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Iveechan said:
I thought the mainstream religion in Japan, Shinto, believed in numerous gods? Just because they don't believe in ONE god...

Eh, just follow the rules and play Pok?mon in private, like after school or something. While rebelling may seem fun, it's not worth it because teachers are rule nazis.

*Geez, you can't even say "Oh my god" anymore? What happened to this place?*
They have over 400Gods.
They say "Oh, sky!" instead of"Oh my God".

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
Porygon said:
*sigh* is this on topic anymore?
It isn't. Like I said before, this is about Pokemon, not.... other stuff. I think that proctor, like all the others, didn't want us to play anything imaginative, that's all. I never saw that proctor again after that day. YAY!

Back