• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That song really suits this

Years
  • Have you even come across a song that seemed to fit something perfectly? A book, a movie, a TV series, or even just a mood or a feeling or a memory? Have you even come across several songs that elicited the same reaction? And have you ever wanted to put those songs together in a playlist or soundtrack?

What was the song (or songs) and what did it remind you of? What made them so perfect? Share! Share any experiences you've had that made you want to compile a bunch of songs together for whatever reason, even if it was just "I had this one song that reminded me of _____ and I wanted to make a playlist, but I never found any other songs."

~

I remember back several years ago when I first heard the song "Behind Blue Eyes" by The Who and it was around the same time I saw this TV show called Firefly. One of the main characters of the show acts very cold-hearted and distant, but beneath that he cares a lot about the people close to him. It's the exact picture being painted in Behind Blue Eyes:
    "When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool"
    I don't know what the song is "really about" but it's clear to me it's about someone who won't let their feelings show. I wanted to develop this into something else, but I didn't find any other songs at the time that I felt fit so I let the idea go.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • I once saw this FF13 amv with Owl City's Fireflies. At first I was like "this seems terrible" but it actually fit quite well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I find a lot of songs that fit a lot of things haha. It'd take too long to name. I find them to fit memories, things that I would like to happen, certain scenes in video games, etc.

Years
  • I've always felt like Lessons Learned by Matt&Kim would fit one of the final episodes of the finale of How I Met Your Mother for some reason. There have been some really good fitting songs used throughout the series that really added to some episodes.

There have probably been more I have thought of before, but that's all I have for now.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Regina Spektor is perfect music to listen to on a bus. Incidentally, I found this out while listening to a Regina Spektor album on a bus! (Duh-doi!) It was just after I'd finished my Driving Theory exam and was getting a bus back to my house, and I'd just bought Begin to Hope earlier that day. As the bus rolled along a route that took double the length that it would have taken to drive to the test centre, the melodious piano of Ms Spektor seemed to be perfectly in sync with the atmosphere of the bus ride. I've since tested this theory on multiple bus rides with multiple Regina Spektor albums and, no matter where or when this is happening, the songs and place seem to fit every time! I certainly wouldn't have guessed it, but for me: Regina Spektor + bus = happy times for Cat Dog!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I was younger I used to be really into Teen Titans and I always felt like Martina McBride's Concrete Angel fit Terra perfectly in it because she turns into stone and all, haha.

Sir Codin

Picture me, in viking get up, getting out of a crummy apartment and walking out to go to my job, with big explosions in the back and this playing in the background

For some reason, this song always seems to fit whenever I go out to start my day, even if I spend my whole day doing nothing put mundane tasks.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • New York Groove anytime I'm riding in a car with my rich uncle. Not like millionaire rich, but hes doing alright (home inspecter in indianapolis, pretty great job)

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I have songs I associate with certain time periods in my life. I'll sometimes have a particular song that I associate with certain people.

Specifically the song 'Speak to Me' by Dream Theater has always reminded me of my first real crush. I can't listen to it without feeling a bit saddened.

Linkin Park's album 'Hybrid Theory' reminds me of Final Fantasy VIII... because I listened to it almost non-stop while I played the game for the first time. Fitting. I was quite angsty at the time.

Got a couple more brewing now, but I'll have to wait a while to see just which songs seem to fit when all is said and done.

Back