• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen ....THAT wasn't what I thought it'd be like!!! >:|

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Remember when Black and White was under a white blanket of speculation and information was being released little by little? They brought in information about new Pokémon, obviously, they brought in information about major changes to the metagame, and they brought in information about new features. Remember that?

...Well weren't you just furious when you discovered that what you were so excited for wasn't exactly as great as you thought it would be, upon first reading it?

What was it that you were excited for that led to only disappointment? What did you expect would be better about it, and what about it let you down?

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Yes I was angry at the "massive storyline changes" which were only Black City and White Forest.. and you couldn't do much there either. The versions just turned out to be the same only featuring different legendaries, Pokemon and some other minor differences. :/

I felt like it was misleading advertising; Pokemon have really disappointed me lately.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • What really made me unhappy was the pixelated battle sprites (don't get me wrong, I am very happy they seem more life like), and the 2D character sprites. You have beautiful things like the circle shaped towers, and as you walk around the edge, your back is facing the screen then your side, no transition.

Years
  • I wasn't disappointed at all, haha. I love the plot, the region, the Pokemon designs, everything. If it weren't for Emerald I'd call White my favroite game in the series.

I guess I was expecting Team Plasma to be a little more into their ideals, but
    I was certainly not disappointed. Compared to previous Pokemon games, the differences from one game to another are actually pretty great. There are two entirely different (albiet somewhat dull) areas and a completely re-done town for each game.

It's progress, and while they could've done more it was certainly a step in the right direction.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • They said choices made in the game would determine different outcomes. Unless they meant the starter you chose and the Simis :/

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I wasn't really dissapointed, I guess I was kind of dissapointed that the storyline wasn't as mature as I thought it would be. Then again Pokemon still targets mostly little kids, and the storyline was different than the "OMG CATCH THE LEGENDARY POKEMON, WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!" story (Until the end when Ghetsis battles you)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was disappointed by the fact that none of the older Pokemon would get evolved/pre-evolved forms. (Luvdisc should've evolved into Alomomola).

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The only thing I didn't like is that some Pokemon just don't look that great on their back sprites, they look really pixelated.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I was a bit disappointed about the cities, I'd thought there would be major differences in appearance between the two games but it's just an occasional green house.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I didn't feel Team Plasma felt any different than the teams in any of the other games (Remember, Team Magma and Aqua both felt their mission would benefit Pokemon as well, and Cyrus' ambitions were based on his beliefs that the current world was corrupted).

And like others have said, the version differences and the alleged "choices" you make weren't all they were cracked up to be either. Biggest difference between versions was Black City/White Forest and there was hardly anything to do there. And not that I was expecting multiple endings like in a dating sim/visual novel, but I would have expected there to be more opportunities to respond to questions posed by characters and it make some difference in how they reacted to you.

Oh yeah, and the almighty Dream World was disappointing as well. And that 40/40 Famitsu score that somehow I let convince me to buy White in the first place...

I have numerous other complaints about the games, but these were things that weren't advertised and I only found out after actually playing the game for a bit.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • The game was good but I didn't like the map or the places you could go because in sinnoh there was alot of places and you could also find places by surfing there but with unova it got smaller which gave me a disapointment.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    The post-game stuff is really boring me at the moment. It's a shame, because I played the game incessantly for months, got to the League, then got distracted by SoulSilver. And now I've picked it up again and it's just... ruined the memory of it. I might start the game over, just to see if I enjoy it again. Although having the older Pokémon is good in the game, I will say that.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • Yeah, with Wi-Fi trading, the only thing you miss out on is a bit of dialogue and an area or two. I think that the best execution of two games that duel each other are Ruby and Sapphire. (even if it was tiny)

However, its not important. I'm glad for stuff like rotation battles and trip-battles. They can be fun!

Back