• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That's it... THAT'S THE END?!

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    In the first Sonic Adventure, I had quite a bit of fun fighting the Egg Viper... Until he decided to be cheap and crash it into the platform upon which I stood. The 10-year-old me was super angry, because I won fair and square. XD

Oh man, that reminds me of the one time that I missed so many chances of hitting the Egg Viper during the last phase and there was one platform remaining. My heart stopped when I remembered his suicide attack, and he destroyed the only platform that was left!

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • Oh man, that reminds me of the one time that I missed so many chances of hitting the Egg Viper during the last phase and there was one platform remaining. My heart stopped when I remembered his suicide attack, and he destroyed the only platform that was left!

Poor Sonic! He had no chance! I could just hear his shout when he falls to his death now.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I've honestly never gotten into the Metal Gear series. Didn't have the opportunity as a kid, and never mustered the willpower to try since. I've been considering it, too. But that sounds irritating. I really despise the concept of, "JK LOL!" in any game or movie.

I will still give it a shot eventually.
    Any recommendations?
    You can start with MGS1 or MGS3. Doesn't matter because MGS3 is independent from the other games since it's a prequel featuring a different protagonist. Though it might be hard to go back to MGS1 after 3 because 1 aged a bit in comparison. Those two are the best in the series.

Don't play 2 until you beat 1, and save 4 for last. Might wanna play Peace Walker for the upcoming 5 as well. After beating 2, you can also play Metal Gear Rising which is very different, but very solid.

Pun not intended on that last sentence.

Shiny Bunnelby

Years
  • You can start with MGS1 or MGS3. Doesn't matter because MGS3 is independent from the other games since it's a prequel featuring a different protagonist. Though it might be hard to go back to MGS1 after 3 because 1 aged a bit in comparison. Those two are the best in the series.

Don't play 2 until you beat 1, and save 4 for last. Might wanna play Peace Walker for the upcoming 5 as well. After beating 2, you can also play Metal Gear Rising which is very different, but very solid.

Pun not intended on that last sentence.

Alright, sounds pretty good. :D I shall look into that when I can. Thanks!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The original ending to Mass Effect 3 was utter crap. It...
    Spoiler:

Beyond that...I wasn't impressed with Bioshock: Infinite's ending. I really enjoyed the original game's reveals and ending, along with the sequel's (I believe). But I just wasn't impressed with Infinite at all. The world never captured me quite like Rapture did. I heard it was a good idea to check out Under the Sea DLC, but I don't really care to, simply because I don't think it could capture the thrill and awe I felt when playing the first two. :(

Shiny Bunnelby

Years
    Spoiler:

Beyond that...I wasn't impressed with Bioshock: Infinite's ending. I really enjoyed the original game's reveals and ending, along with the sequel's (I believe). But I just wasn't impressed with Infinite at all. The world never captured me quite like Rapture did. I heard it was a good idea to check out Under the Sea DLC, but I don't really care to, simply because I don't think it could capture the thrill and awe I felt when playing the first two. :(

I never got around to playing Mass Effect 3, but I heard all about the ending. My friends were pretty crushed about it.

As for Infinite, I really liked it, but I can agree that nothing beats the charm of Rapture. I still appreciate that they wanted to change the pace and they made Columbia pretty beautiful with its bright color palette. Rapture was dark, as were the stories. The first Bioshock is my favorite. The story shocked me and seeing Rapture for the first time blew me away.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Spoiler:

I agree with you on the how the original ending of Mass Effect 3 was. I suffered a brain overload because it left many unanswered questions. I could not play anything Mass Effect related for a week after that.

Now another video game ending that left me disappointed was the ending of Halo Reach. Sure Noble 6 stayed behind on Reach so the Pillar of Autumn could escape, only to make a last stand against the Covenant. During said last stand, goes down against seven Elites.

Years
  • Here is the "good" ending of Chakan The Forever Man(15 minutes of nothingness).

It can't get worse than that

Last edited:

Shiny Bunnelby

Years
  • That reminds me... The good ending of "The Pagemaster" is literally the worst ending I've ever seen in Video Game.

Spoiler:

Oh... This game hurts my heart, because the movie has a special place in it from my childhood.
    That animated, Dumbledore-looking Christopher Lloyd Wizard/Pagemaster, tho.
    ~Looooook to the boooookssss.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    What about Ghostbusters NES version? for which it has the infamous CONGLATURATION !!! at the end of it.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • I know it has been said, but the ending to Mass Effect 3 was just pure disappointment. While the revised ending helped a little bit, there was still a ton of very obvious plot holes. The ending to Halo 2 was pretty disappointing too. I feel like it was supposed to be a cliffhanger, but it didn't really work out.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Someone mentioned Okamiden, but Okami was worse. You went through all that, and the final boss is basically the "itsnothing.gif".

Back