• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That's so gay.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • Well this isn't going anywhere. I'll never understand why people choose to be so hypersensitive to this sort of stuff, it really doesn't matter.

@any gay people that read this - Are you offended by the words themselves or the intent behind the word?
    @any black people that trad this - The N word, intent behind it or the word itself?

I had to say ''N word'' because I bet ♥♥♥♥♥♥ is hearted out, if so then I think that is wrong.

Ego trip? You are having a giggle, young man. Immature I would give you, but maturity is not something that is required at all times. I will say that ''♥♥♥♥♥♥'' or ''bender'' are not regular words in my vocabulary but I would defend them to the death.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Well this isn't going anywhere. I'll never understand why people choose to be so hypersensitive to this sort of stuff, it really doesn't matter.

@any gay people that read this - Are you offended by the words themselves or the intent behind the word?
    @any black people that trad this - The N word, intent behind it or the word itself?

I had to say ''N word'' because I bet ♥♥♥♥♥♥ is hearted out, if so then I think that is wrong.

Ego trip? You are having a giggle, young man. Immature I would give you, but maturity is not something that is required at all times. I will say that ''♥♥♥♥♥♥'' or ''bender'' are not regular words in my vocabulary but I would defend them to the death.

Can you stop it? Getting some kind of consensus about the usage of the word "gay" doesn't prove your point. (I completely lost your point too.) Not every single gay man or woman is the same. There are people who don't care and there are people who are offended by it. Trying to get a general consensus is pointless because everyone thinks and reacts differently to things.

Just because one gay man says that it's okay to use that word in that way, does not mean it is okay for someone else. Respect those who don't like it that way and don't criticize anyone who does find it offensive too. Don't just write off their concerns.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • My point was words aren't offensive unless there is intent behind them.

If you waste your life being offended by words, I don't know, you probably deserve it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I presumed you were somewhere between 13 and 16. In my experience that is the age of the internet White Knight.

Never assume anything, especially not when talking to someone who you haven't met face to face.

My point was words aren't offensive unless there is intent behind them.

If you waste your life being offended by words, I don't know, you probably deserve it.

What you fail to take into account is that most people are not mind readers. The intent behind the words is not so easily discerned by everyone. Which is why I say intent is irrelevant. Like my parents used to tell me, if you have nothing nice to say then keep your mouth shut. It's all about respect. You don't know who may be listening, especially out in public, so the best course of action is to treat others with the respect you would wish to be treated by using language that is respectful of others. I try to do that always, and not always successfully (I'm only human). When I do err, I am immediately remorseful and apologize. I would rather make people smile than make them frown or become offended, even inadvertently.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    My point was words aren't offensive unless there is intent behind them.

So people deserve to be hurt? That's all I get from this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Let's all move on now, shall we? Almost nothing in this thread has been exactly glamorous over the last page or two and I'd really like to see that improve.

Personally, I think this thread has pretty much run its coarse. The people posting in it have made their cases and the rest is just circular debate without any progress of any sort. Some people agree that phrases which demean or that could be interpreted as derogatory should be retired, and others thing all speech should be permitted regardless of their potential to cause offense. Neither side is going to persuade the other. This will be my last post in this thread. All I see that can come from it is petty bickering and that's not constructive. And I admit, I am just as much at fault as anyone.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
  • Eh, I've been known to say it before, but that's basically just because my friends used to say it. :x that's mostly because I have a bad habit of repeating whatever they say usually.

Back