• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That's Unnerving...

Bay

Years
  • Whenever someone mentions they "hate watch", "hate read", "hate video gaming", etc. I'm fine with someone dislike something, but I don't exactly see the purpose of consuming media that doesn't interest you anymore and say you hate watch. Some days ago saw a tweet someone mentioning "X game is my go to hate game" and that annoyed the heck out of me, lol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • When people complain about the things I like/wear/do, etc I have to like it, not you. That gets on my nerves beyond belief.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Reactions: Sun

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • Discord, in most conceivable ways, gets on my nerves. In my line of work I have to deal with visual discord quite often and it falls to me to introduce some order to it.

I think this is true of basic social settings too. Someone who talks over you or curtails the thought of another, grates me.

Also I hate it when people leave fingerprint marks on my computer monitor.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • When people do stupid things with animals/children

"Oh but my dear Fluffy Dog wanted to eat 2 kg of Dark Chocolate so I let him!"
    "Well my cousins first boyfriends mothers daughter didn't get vaccinated and she's absolutely fine"

Years
  • Random people that tell you to "smile, it gets better" or something along those lines.

1. Mind your damn business 2. Really? you expect me to to sit here on the bus grinning like an idiot?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Tiny fonts with a color that clashes with the background (preferably in a lot of text walls) and combined with those people blocking VMs and PMs from outsiders, which makes a civilized argument almost impossible and a direct callout pretty much unavoidable. Kinda makes you wish those people would just go ahead and tell the world that they're aware of the problem and that they just don't care. Would make judging those people a lot easier...

Then again, there's an option on PC that disables font formatting altogether, though that doesn't include custom css, which means that you'll likely run into trouble when trying to read one of those posts.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I could write a novel on how many things get on my nerves. Seriously. The world is such an irritating place to me.

This is because a lot of the time, people are just so baffling and illogical. At least to me. They do these things that there isn't any reason to do, things that are actively detrimental, and can't be bothered to change or consider others because that's the way they've always done it. The stubbornness of people, their refusal to be considerate of others and opposing opinions... I think that is the biggest thing that grates on my nerves. The imperfections of humanity are so frustrating, and they frustrate me to no end when my feelings force me to display them as well at times.

Arguments fit into this as well. They have no productive purpose, as most people won't change their mind. I find the only reason people engage in them is so they can yell over whoever happened to oppose their precious opinion, not to do anything of value. Arguments on the internet exemplify this most intensely. Yelling at people in incoherent English is some kind of expected norm on certain sites (like Youtube comments) and I find it just... such a sad example of how human brains still haven't fully evolved past primitive instincts and drives. (Of course, not to say that humanity is all bad, but... there really is so much negative, it's difficult not to think about it. Especially when it is constantly thrust in your face.)

Speaking of the internet, one of my bigger pet peeves is incoherent English. Particularly people who refuse to capitalize anything in their sentences, use chatspeak, and spell everything wrong. If you live in an English speaking country, what went wrong in your English class? Was it somehow ridiculously inferior to mine? And then there's those who I know know better, but still do this anyway because "it's the internet lawlz." That attitude gets on my nerves intensely and I find it even more irritating. People just pretending they don't care and don't take anything seriously in some immature attempt to be cool.

Also, bad formatting of written posts. Anywhere on the internet. My brain can't handle even the slightest bit of formatting off. Whether it be a slightly too bright font color, a long post with no paragraphs, or an overly fancy cursive font. Aesthetic choices affect me deeply, and make it really difficult for me to read the surrounding text. It becomes this struggle, and most of the time, my brain just filters it out and doesn't even perceive it as existing. I just wish people didn't feel the need to make things so fancy and unnecessarily flashy. All I want to do is read, I'm not here to be assaulted by your bad sense of design or grammar.

I could go on, but I feel I've ranted enough. Just know that sometimes, the world makes me want to punch everything. These little things are insignificant on their own, but they really add up and make it hard to not just scream at someone sometimes.

Sirfetch’d

I was at the store today and this person parked obnoxiously close to me. I had the hardest time backing out and it took 3 tries! I almost just wanted to bump their car just to prove a point but I'm not that mean plus I have already backed into another vehicle this month by mistake and didn't need anything else on my insurance ~_~. It really annoyed me though and made me think of this thread haha.

Lucid

When ppl swish their spit around in their mouths rly loud. Holy fuck gross

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    friend: will you share some of your food
    spiff:
    Angry-Bird-Evil-Evil-eye-Mad-Mad-dog-Mad-dogging-Mean-Stare-Staring.gif

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    When people eat with sounds; talking with food in their mouth. It really drives me crazy.

Back