• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The 3rd Generation Power House Challenge

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2008
    update #2

6.went on 2 mt.moon n beat all trainers. 7.went inside the cave got all items n defeated all trainers n got the doom fossil. 8.got out the cave went to heal butterfree and beated gary again n beated the people on the bridge then beated all people be4 bills house 9.went into bills house got the tickets then went on to beat misty. 10.beated misty then went to go beat the team rocket guy got dig went through the unground tunnel beat all the people on dat rout then got 2 vermillion.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • 6.went on 2 mt.moon n beat all trainers. 7.went inside the cave got all items n defeated all trainers n got the doom fossil. 8.got out the cave went to heal butterfree and beated gary again n beated the people on the bridge then beated all people be4 bills house 9.went into bills house got the tickets then went on to beat misty. 10.beated misty then went to go beat the team rocket guy got dig went through the unground tunnel beat all the people on dat rout then got 2 vermillion.
    Level of your Butterfree? Looks pretty easy to me... :\

Oh, I started. :P
    Beat people, etc. Hacksed to get Karp at level 15, but won't use it until Mt. Moon. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2008
    update #3

11.i healed my pokemon n headed 2 The ship n beated everybody there n got all itemz. 12.got out n cought a oddish thought it cut n went to go get the thunder badge. 13.got out the gym n went 2 go get flash and gave it 2 oddish. 14.went to the east of mistis city n beated all trainers down da road.i healed the pokemon n went through the cave n beted everybody got out nbeated everybody out sidethe cave. then i headed 2 celedon on the way i killed all trainers.

i went into the game corner n beated da whole team rocket then i faced giovanni n killed him.know im about go get the 4th badge butterfree LV.48 moves:silver wind,safeguard,psybeam,confusion

Last edited:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    This seems like a fun easy challenge I'll do it on my LG. For my Pokemon I think it'll be um Squirtle! Oh yea and in LG you can catch Sandshrew before Curealen so that can also be added to the list.
    You're right I forgot to look at Route 4 so there's Ekans too.

Hacksed to get Karp at level 15, but won't use it until Mt. Moon.
    So, you hacked? Did you read the rules? I might have to remove you for that.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • So, I haven't done an update in a few days..
    Guess I should

- Beat all trainers on Nugget Bridge
    - Went to Bill's house
    - Got the SS.Anne Ticket
    - Headed south of Cerulean
    - Caught a Meowth [Last HM Slave]
    - Got the VS.Seeker
    - Boarded the SS.Anne
    - Beat the trainers onboard the SS.Anne
    - Beat Rival Joe
    - Got the Cut HM
    - Caught Random Pokémon to fill up my Dex
    - Went through diglett cave
    - Got the Flash HM
    - Fought Vermillion Gym Trainers
    - Fought Lt. Surge and Won
    - Headed East of Cerulean
    - Saved at Pokécenter outside rock tunnel

Raticate is currently lv39

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Slight update:

-Got Bulbasaur as my starter, nicknamed him as Suchi.
    -Beat Gary, and leveled Suchi up to level six.
    -Received Parcel, deliver it to Oak. Went back to route one, leveled Suchi up to level ten.
    -Defeated Gary at Route 22, leveled Suchi to level 11.
    -Got through Viridian forest, and finished the first gym.

Next update, I'll have Clefairy.^^;

Last edited:

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    wassup i have a pretty good update first of all i bought a game from my cousin so i dont have to wait till after christmas. yeah go me!!! whoo hoo lol 8)

pokemon: Caterpie(Butterfree)

Squirtle Lv. 7
    Butterfree Lv. 18

1 hr into the game not bad but not what i wanted anyways next update ill beat brock, misty, and lt surge.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • Can you please make a thread like this for R/S/E? I'm interested in trying this, but not on FR/LG.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Can you please make a thread like this for R/S/E? I'm interested in trying this, but not on FR/LG.
    I'll do it later. Possibly tonight some time.

Done!

Last edited:

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • I think there should not be a level limit. Powerleveling is one of the joys in life. Besides, it took me almost a year to get Tashiro to level 93.

All right, I started Sapphire for my soon-to-be famous all-blaziken run! (of course. :D)
    I find that torchic is a good starter in Sapphire because double kick defeats Team Aqua's carvanha easily. Blaze kick later on is excellent for zubat and friends.

So, I finally found a decent female torchic. I named her Passion and gave her a few attack EVs because her attack was running low. She was at least level 6 before I fought Brendan and I still almost lost. =/ Oh well; the potion comes in handy sometimes!

I helped Wally catch his ralts and am about to challenge Petalburg Woods. Wish me luck!

Well, I got through Petalburg woods and defeated all the trainers around Rustboro.
    My combusken was level 17 by the time I got to Roxanne. Double kick wiped her out before school today. =)

I'm currently defeating the trainers in Brawly's gym, going by my "defeat every trainer possible and level up fast" idea. After Brawly, I'm going to head back to Rustboro to get HM cut. I can't believe I forgot it again.

I've decided that I will have a blaziken before Winona, she will know slash before the twins, and she will know sky uppercut before the elite four the first time.

MEGA edit: I have beaten the elite four for the first time.
    I had a blaziken before Meteor Falls and she knew sky uppercut before the twins.
    By the time she defeated Steven's cradily, she was level 68.
    Wallace was a breeze, though Kyogre was hard. Thankfully, hydro pump missed twice, but a calm minded ice beam isn't fun even for a fire type.
    I also managed to capture a modest kyogre. ^_^
    The elite four was easy until Drake. I kept slashing his salamence until it fainted.
    Steven was easier, though I had to soft reset a few times.

This was immensely fun and I enjoyed it a lot! Now I've learned the consequences of training a full team!

I also got an adamant beldum without soft resetting. ^_^

Last edited:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Thanks for editing your posts instead of double posting tashiro.

I'm going to go ahead and start an Aron run on Sapphire. I've already started and saved in Dewford with Mudkip and Taillow, both HM masters.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • It would have been a triple post. ^_^
    I had double-posting reprimanded out of me long ago.

It took me so long to get out of Victory Road. Wally was easy compared to the maze! It turns itself inside-out! I marked my trail with defeated trainers, going by my "kill everything in sight" policy.

What's worse: Kyogre's hydro pump or Groudon's earthquake? I think earthquake is worse because it has twice the PP! My blaziken did have lower special defense, though, because she was rash. Still, the special attack boost was awesome.

I don't think I'll even clone and migrate my blaziken. She will stay on GBA forever! (or at least until I need a blaziken on Platinum.)

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Sorry that I haven't updated yet,...I forgot.

I started the game named male player Red. Named rival Green. Started with Squirtle, and named it Blast. Beat Green the first on first try. I trained it some then got Oak's parcel. Obtained the Pokedex and some Pokeballs. Trained some more. Defeated Green again. Went into Viridian Forest. Trained some there too. Obtained the Boulder Badge and Rock Tomb. Obtained running shoes. Defeated all the trainers up to Mount Moon so far. Entered Mount Moon. Defeated all the trainers the and trained some using them. Exected the cave. Went to the gym and obtained the Cascade Badge. Defeated Green for the third time. Got half way through the Nugget Bridge and then saved my game.

I'll update with my team later.

Back