• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 5 worst people of all time.

Years
  • lol.

I wonder if their'd still be this much outrage if it were Obama/Biden mentioned instead of Bush/Cheney. Hmmm. It's freedom of speech. If people want to make themselves look stupid in public, then that's their perogative.

Years
  • If they are going to put a stupid list of horrible people in a yearbook, they should atleast make it accurate. Where is Albert Fish and Tupac?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • How abt stalin? Meh.
    But still, those people must be out of their mind. Put George Bush in the top list of "worst people of history"? I'm quite sure he won't make the top 100.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Superintendent Randall Williams calls the list "an oversight." Parents caught it after the yearbooks were printed. The district's solution was to cover the list with tape. It didn't work.

"Really?" said Williams when told the tape could be pulled off. "Well that's disappointing because the yearbook supplier told us this was a definite fix."
    The 5 worst people of all time.

Besides, as lame as George W. was, he was still miles better than Ulysses Grant or Warren Harding or Herbert Hoover as president. XD

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    "Uhh, I'm furious as a parent, and as a board member and as a tax payer and as a, y'know, resident of Russelville. ... I-It's wrong."

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • As a fellow teacher, I find it absolutely difficult to believe that the paid teacher and yearbook sponsor (and most likely, that teacher is also in charge of the yearbook production as well then) did not catch this before it's published for any reason and act appropriately to prevent this kind of thing from happening. She just "didn't pay attention"? Then what the heck is she doing and just how serious is she in taking her job as both the yearbook sponsor and as a teacher?

Seriously @_@; it's pretty inexcusable of an oversight.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    As a fellow teacher, I find it absolutely difficult to believe that the paid teacher and yearbook sponsor (and most likely, that teacher is also in charge of the yearbook production as well then) did not catch this before it's published for any reason and act appropriately to prevent this kind of thing from happening. She just "didn't pay attention"? Then what the heck is she doing and just how serious is she in taking her job as both the yearbook sponsor and as a teacher?

Seriously @_@; it's pretty inexcusable of an oversight.

Yeah, my yearbook in high school had every page, article, and picture okayed by the advisor before it went in, the entire book was reviewed by the advisor, sent to the principal who also reviewed it, then the copies were printed off.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Next on failing at being Cracked:
    "top 5 losers in scool herp"

In all seriousness though. How immature of those kids.
    Whoever was in charge of that yearback is also probably at fault. It's middle school! How much were they supposed to trust their kids, exactly?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh no, some middle schoolers don't like my favourite president, and also mentioned it in the very important yearbook! What am I to do?

I call this bored parent syndrome.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So President Bush is worse than Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Joseph Stalin, etc.?

Is this the kind of liberal indoctrination we allow in our schools?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • lol.

I wonder if their'd still be this much outrage if it were Obama/Biden mentioned instead of Bush/Cheney. Hmmm. It's freedom of speech. If people want to make themselves look stupid in public, then that's their perogative.
    If it was obama and Biden instead of Bush and Cheney then the media would be in much more of an outrage...
    Yeah why isn't Stalin there...after all he's known as the biggest "villain in history" of all time...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    lol.

No doubt, except it would be on CNN instead of FOX. <.<

I blame this on the children's teachers (whoever or whatever they are). Somewhere they picked up the notion that George Dubya was in fact that bad and they simply exemplified that little aspect of their education. Also way to fail, school staff.

Is this the kind of liberal indoctrination we allow in our schools?
    Yeah basically, but although the school environment is becoming a greater influence than family it's not necessarily them in this instance. There's no such thing as living in an idealogical vacuum, and the kids are just people picking up on what they hear.

Last edited:

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • You guys are missing the real point.

The only reason why there's an outrage about the list is because George Bush and Dick Cheney are on there. If the list replaced them with 2 other "Really bad people in the past" that weren't American, then the list would have gone unnoticed and nobody would have cared.

They're mad because their precious American leaders are on the list.

It's a debate in itself, but Bush and Cheney on that list isn't entirely inaccurate. They can be considered horrible people. It's all a matter of point of view, however.

I just find it sad that the administration and upset parents aren't ashamed of themselves, not for being upset at such a redundant list which really has no place in a yearbook... But rather the fact that they're getting upset only by the fact that 2 American leader names are on there.

I suppose they're ignorant of their own ignorance though, however.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I am highly disappointed that anyone really cared about this. Seriously? People are really getting upset over this? Who cares? It's just some kids having some fun. Those people are really too uptight.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • How do middle schoolers know about charles manson? More importantly, why would you put something like that in a middle school yearbook?! I was in yearbook in high school, and we only had two rules for surveys like that, it has to be funny or inspiring. That's not funny at all and its not inspiring and just a terrible idea.

Back