• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 90's nostalgia~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    What are some shows you grew up with as a kid? Were there any movies you loved as well? How about the things you wish were still around but aren't anymore? If you were born anywhere between say, 1985 and 1990, you are still somewhat of a 90's baby.

For me, it would have to be the shows. I grew up watching shows like Talespin, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Pepperann... and so many more. One of my most favorite shows of all though is Shining Time Station. It inspired my current love for trains. It was nothing like the Thomas crap they have today called Thomas & Friends either. :[ I also loved watching One Saturday Morning like, every Saturday. Man, those were the days!

So, what about you?

MxY

Years
    In Italy there was a tv show called "Disney Club", and I watched it every Saturday when I came back from school.
    Other shows - and cartoons - that I used to watch was Ducktales, Dragon Ball, Dexter's Laboratory, Timon & Pumbaa, Recess and many others.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
    While I'm not really a 90s kid, I do remember a certain show that I'm pretty sure was made in the 90s - the GODDAMN Magic School Bus. The only good reason for nostalgia. Shame they don't show it anymore on TV. It really was a good show.

Years
    Pepperann! I remember that show! I enjoyed watching shows such as Rocko's Modern Life, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Ren and Stimpy, and many others.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What are some shows you grew up with as a kid? Were there any movies you loved as well? How about the things you wish were still around but aren't anymore? If you were born anywhere between say, 1985 and 1990, you are still somewhat of a 90's baby.

For me, it would have to be the shows. I grew up watching shows like Talespin, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Pepperann... and so many more. One of my most favorite shows of all though is Shining Time Station. It inspired my current love for trains. It was nothing like the Thomas crap they have today called Thomas & Friends either. :[ I also loved watching One Saturday Morning like, every Saturday. Man, those were the days!

So, what about you?
    I know there's an age difference, but did we grow up in completely different 90s haha? I don't recognize any of those shows to be honest.

For me, it was Rugrats, Hey Arnold, CatDog. I downloaded all 5 seasons of Hey Arnold a couple years back and always try to catch it when it's on at like 4am lol.

Outlier

As far as childrens tv shows being born in the early 90's was the best way to experience the 90's.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    There are plenty of shows as a kid I Loved but I dont think one would get the same application for it then as a kid. I watched Pinky and the Brain loving as a kid, then pondered, "wtf was I thinking back then"

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Batman TAS, Beast Wars, Power Rangers Space/Galaxy/e.t.c, Animaniacs, hell the whole WB Kids block was GODLY back then. Movie wise I grew up on classic 80s stuff(goonies, gremlins and what not) mixed in with Matilda, the Mask, and not to mention being a 5 year old in 98 and getting to marathon almost everyday your very own VHS collection of Disney Golden Era animation. Seriously, experiencing the 90s was best when born in the early 90s(up to 93), as said above. The early 2000s was still riding those feel good waves.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I know there's an age difference, but did we grow up in completely different 90s haha? I don't recognize any of those shows to be honest.

For me, it was Rugrats, Hey Arnold, CatDog. I downloaded all 5 seasons of Hey Arnold a couple years back and always try to catch it when it's on at like 4am lol.

I grew up mostly from the old school Disney. Back when they had toon disney and not the live action stuff they do now.I did grow up with Doug, Clarissa Explains it all... me and my mom used to watch those shows all of the time. That and of course, the rugrats.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy was the only reason I watched TV. I still love the show, too.
    While not a show, I also loved The Land Before Time.

I loved that movie! It was so cute and sad at the same time.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The 90's was the best time to be growing up, in my time. So many decent shows for kids and adults to enjoy together. Like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Freakazoid! They had jokes in there for kids to laugh at and adult humor that just flew over kids' heads but their parents could laugh at. The one show from Warner Bros. Animation that I wish would make a return is Road Rovers. That was a fun show, and despite it only having one season, I never saw all the episodes.

Of course there's also the Nickelodeon shows. Grew up on Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy. I did quite enjoy the shows for older children on SNICK, like Clarissa Explains It All, Pete & Pete, and All That. Though back then, the story lines for those shows were too grown-up for little me to completely understand, it's great to revisit them. I ended my days as a "Nick kid" watching Hey Arnold, KABLAM, and CatDog.

I've been watching through Boy Meets World recently, which was a good show to catch sometimes. I also remember Home Improvement, Full House (You got it, dude!), and Family Matters. Although I didn't watch it in the 90's, I used to watch Step By Step when it was on reruns in the afternoon.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    used to watch reruns of felix the cat late at night & re-runs of the 80s tmnt cartoon. Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Road Rovers(WB lost a lot of the audio files, so odds of this having a rerun is slim), sonic the hedgehog, sonic underground, Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold, CatDog, Home Improvement, Full House, Family Matters, steinfeld, friends, chalkzone, speed racer reruns, gargoyles, batman, batman beyond, superman, spiderman, Justice league, DBZ, digimon, yugioh, cubix robots for everyone, where the hell is in the world is carmen sandiego, sherlock holmes in the 22nd century, and alot that im probably forgetting about & thats just stuff from the 90s. imagine all the movies, tv shows, cartoons and anime from the last 13 years?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Ok, I was born in 1997 so I'm not really a 90s kid but I think I used to watch 90s shows back when I was little. I remember cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Ed and Eddy, Courage the Cowerdly Dog, Scooby Doo, Rugrats, Pokemon, Cardcaptor Sakura... man that was a good time.

Also there used to be this Nickelodeon show where kids used to have to do challenges to get I think idols or something like that, and then the final stage would always involve this bridge... forgot the show's name however, damn.

Back