• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The A-Team! [RMT]

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    The A-Team! [RMT]

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy (doesn't really matter, they both suck)
    252hp/96atk/140def/20spe
    Nature: Impish

Spikes
    Roost
    Roar
    Brave Bird

Spikes, roar what i dont want, brave bird to take out/damage enemies, roost to heal

The A-Team! [RMT]

Vaporeon @leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb <3
    188hp/252def/68spA
    Nature: Gentle (What my Eevee came with, didn't feel like breeding it with a million different pokemon)

Wish
    Surf
    Ice Beam/HP Electric
    Substitute

The A-Team! [RMT]

Lucario @ Choice Band/Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    Nature: Naughty

Close Combat
    Extreemespeed
    Swords Dance
    Stone Edge/EQ/Blaze Kick

Not sure which move to put in the final spot, but i have it narrowed down to those three, probably Stone Edge, because it can do a good amount of damage on Gyarados/Mence and such.

The A-Team! [RMT]

Alakazam @ Choice Specs/Life orb
    Ability: Inner Focus (probably useless, but i figured he'll die too fast, so people waste time on conditions)
    252spA/252spe/4hp
    Modest Nature

Shadow Ball
    Psychich
    Energy Ball/Focus Blast
    Trick/Calm Mind

I've been told Alakazam is bad because, it is, and it is, Pursuit bait. But I personally like him, because he is fast, and has a high special, tied with Porygon-Z, that isnt legendary. But, he has god awful defenses and piss poor HP, so i know that is a counter. He has a good move pool, but unlike other special sweepers, his abilities dont play to his movepool. I figure I can always switch him out with a DDMence, or a Kingdra or Starmie or something like that, but if there is anyway to keep him i would prefer.

The A-Team! [RMT]

Weavile @ Choice Band/Chpice Scarf/Life Orb
    252Atk/252Spe/4hp
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Pressure

Ice Shard
    Pursuit
    Night Slash
    Brick Break

Basically a revenge killer, choice scarf should outspeed faster opponents, ChoiceBand powers up Ice Shard to make it a good Revenge kill for a Mence, <3 +1 priority. Life Orb probably wont be good because I probably want a revenge killer to have enough HP and such. Night Slash is for enemy psychich/ghost sweepers brick break is for steel sweepers, except for Scizor, and Porygon-Z's. Pursuit is for pursuit bait.

The A-Team! [RMT]

Claydol @ leftovers
    236hp/136atk/108def/30SpD
    Careful Nature
    Ability: Levitate

Rapid Spin
    EQ
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock

Okay, I know most of you are saying, WTF Claydol? newb. well, i like claydol because it has high(ish) defenses, learns rapid spin, can do some decent damage and lay down stealth rocks. I know it has more or less infinite weaknesses, but it has levitate which can stop EQ and various other ground moves. it has a moderate amount of HP. I need a rapid spinner on my team and foretress is too cliche. I might drop it for Donphan or Hitmontop, or Torkoal.

Well thats basically it. Be critical, i know Elf will be. Looking forward to hearing it. PS, i know this team is Scizor week, but thats why im thinking about BlazeKick on luke.

Give me any hints, tips, tricks, idea, cheats, insults, retort, counter-retort or anything, insults are not required.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    As someone who also uses Alakazam I know you want to run a Timid nature, not a Modest nature. Only run Modest if you're using a Choice Scarf set though Timid may still be wanted if its TrickScarf for when you Trick away your Scarf.
    Energy Ball is inferior to Focus Blast because Focus Blast allows you to hit enemy Darks and 2KO Blissey after 1 Calm Mind, SR damage, and the Life Orb boost, plus Grass is resisted by a lot. Grass is helpful for hitting Swampert though its best used on another Pokemon that can lure Swampert in like a Jolteon that runs HP Grass or on an Anti-Lead. Luacrio also wants to have either Adamant or Jolly nature.

Another option for Alakazam is to eliminate both Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for Signal Beam. Singal Beam hits Celebi for 4x damage at the expense of losing the 4x hit on Tyranitar for 2x instead. It hits both enemy Psychics and Darks for super-effective damage. The biggest upside is the before mentioned ability to hit two problem types and it has way better accuracy than Focus Blast. The downside is you lose the ability to hit Ghosts for super-effective damage as you would with Shadow Ball, save Gengar.

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, all of your Pokemon die to Sub + Magnet Rise Magnezone, unless you sacrifice something to take it's sub out, then come in and Brick Break or Focus Blast, although I'm pretty sure neither of those OHKO.

Now I can't personally feel confident enough to suggest a good check, so I'll just let someone else do that. :P

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    First of all, if you dont breed good natures you WILL lose, i.e vappy. Protect >> Sub. Use HP Electric.

Zam wants Timid.

Lucario wants Stone Edge, Crunch or Ice Punch in that last slot. Earthquake and Blaze Kick hit nothing harder than your other moves will and really dont gain more notable KO's. Use a Life Orb. Also Blaze Kick doesnt help with Scizor considering Lucario takes like 80% from a SD LO Bullet Punch.

This team really has a "frail as hell get KO'd by metagame" feel about it. It just seems it has no strategy to it, i mean why are you stacking Spikes when they can easily be spun away ? Also how do you plan to open up sweep ?

Back