• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Accent Challenge V.6

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    I remember a cool little thread called The Accent Challenge was posted up last year for PC. Thought it would be cool to get it up again since it's a new year:

Originally posted by Harley Quinn, Squirrel, Jake♫, Honest and Aslan, this is V.6 of the Accent Challenge.

What do you sound like when you say certain words? Want everyone on PC to know how you sound? No? Too bad! If you have a microphone, click this super special link, do the accent challenge in the spoiler below and POST IT.

Spoiler:

Old accent challenge [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Sirfetch’d

I don't see the fun or challenge in this tbh. If people just wanted to know how I sound, having to say all that stuff seems redundant.

If you don't see the point or fun in this, then don't participate. No one is forcing you to. A lot of others, including myself, love this challenge so it's a common thread to have around.

Years
    If you don't see the point or fun in this, then don't participate. No one is forcing you to. A lot of others, including myself, love this challenge so it's a common thread to have around.

Of course. I'm glad you enjoy it. I was just thinking out loud. I also get the point of it, but I would have suggested a smaller list of questions personally since you typically don't need that many to see what an accent is like, but that's just my opinion I guess. Whatever the case may be, I respect your form of fun. Sorry for any misconceptions.

Edit: I take back what I said about how it would be better with less questions, seeing as doing all of those are probably only optional. I feel stupid for not considering this before, but that's the beauty of getting a second point of view!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You probably don't have to say everything on the list if you don't want to. Though I wonder why it's called a "challenge".

I would do one of these, but I don't have a mic or whatever would be needed to record my voice.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Of course. I'm glad you enjoy it. I was just thinking out loud. I also get the point of it, but I would have suggested a smaller list of questions personally since you typically don't need that many to see what an accent is like, but that's just my opinion I guess.

A lot less people would take the time to do it if all you had to do was state your name and username lol.

FYI: When you come into a thread with the sole intention of dismissing its very idea, it comes off pretty pretentious. Many people have told you if you don't like it, don't participate. Likewise, if you're not interested in our accents, don't listen.

Years
    A lot less people would take the time to do it if all you had to do was state your name and username lol.

FYI: When you come into a thread with the sole intention of dismissing its very idea, it comes off pretty pretentious. Many people have told you if you don't like it, don't participate. Likewise, if you're not interested in our accents, don't listen.

I didn't come to the thread to dismiss it, I came to share my personal opinion. I came to critique it by suggest that a smaller list of questions is better from my perspective, and perhaps even have someone else try and convince me how it's fun. Regardless, if it bothers others which it apparently has, I will take it down immediately. So sorry about that.

Edit: I take back what I said about how it would be better with less questions, seeing as doing all of those are probably only optional. I feel stupid for not considering this before, but that's the beauty of getting a second point of view!

You probably don't have to say everything on the list if you don't want to. Though I wonder why it's called a "challenge".

I would do one of these, but I don't have a mic or whatever would be needed to record my voice.

True. That being the case, I guess I was wrong for saying that it would be better with less questions. I feel kinda dumb now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    True. That being the case, I guess I was wrong for saying that it would be better with less questions. I feel kinda dumb now...
    Idk if there's really a right or wrong here. It's just a for funsies Treehouse thread really. Nothing to feel bad about.

Sirfetch’d

You shouldn't feel bad or dumb, you expressed an opinion and that is totally fine! Just as how I expressed mine. We always enjoy getting feedback on threads so maybe in the future when this one is remade, we can improve it some!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s0tehn1hHi0t

(in this voice clip you learn how to say my username)

I'll do this again and finish more than what I did (I only answered up to what forums I go to because I realized I closed my tab) some other time.

Years
    You shouldn't feel bad or dumb, you expressed an opinion and that is totally fine! Just as how I expressed mine. We always enjoy getting feedback on threads so maybe in the future when this one is remade, we can improve it some!

That's a relief. I was starting to think my critique was a burden.

Something else I would suggest is instead of these random questions, some pokemon names that are commonly mispronounced. That would be a laugh to see when people get them wrong. XD

Back