• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The accent challenge

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • OK, so here's mine. I don't have a microphone, so I recorded it with my phone. Sorry if it's bad quality. I was a bit of a smart-ass with this one; you'll see at the book part. :)

Years
  • The coolest voices (in this order) were: Mentalii, Xyrin and Yoshikkko. And yes, I did listen to at least ten seconds of every entry that was done via Vocaroo or Youtube (took too long to download individual files).

Yoshikkko has a cool voice but it does sound like a very regular European accent so I'm not sure if it's just the nice accent or her voice in particular (it makes me want to learn how to speak Dutch though!). Usually I hate the sound of kids' voices but Xyrin had the coolest voice (and he's hardly a kid at thirteen but voice-hasn't-broken = kid just for all intents and purposes), very entertaining to listen to. Mentalii had a really pretty voice. That took me by surprise, because I once worked at an Italian cafe and my boss' wife had a thick Italian accent and a high voice and it was just really irritating to listen to her because it sounded like she was whining all the time - for some reason I just pictured a French girl's accent would either sound really low/deep or just high and whiny. But no, that was a really pretty voice.

Honourable mention goes to Archer. Very cool accent but I'm Australian myself and used to it so no points there.

Okay - as for my own voice, I'm going to try and keep it quick in the hope that somebody will listen past the ten second mark.

https://vocaroo.com/?media=v7I6egP0POHGb6MOx

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oops. I'm feeling too lazy right now to redo this, but it looks like the mic picked up on the music I was listening to while I was doing this. Boooo. I'll record it later...:[

https://vocaroo.com/?media=vcBgaaVpebgeHtAn7

Apparently my voice is nasally. OH I SAID NEW JERSEY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE, BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE I SAID NEW YORK!!!!

I'm sorry I sound so monotone, but I wanted to clearly pronounce the things so you guys know what I sounded like! :(

Back