• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Adventure of Unpredictability!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
"Woohoo!" Tyre shouted happily, picking up the pokeball and dancing around excitedly. He had just capture his very first pokemon! "I just caught my first pokemon!" he yelled.

Dratini curled into a ball, watching the scene. Honestly, with the way Tyre was acting, he didn't do anything but sit there.

"Alright, come on out!" Tyre shouted, releasing Pikachu.

With a burst of light, Pikachu appeared. It shook itself, eyeing Tyre questionly. "Pikac?"

Tyre kneeled down. "Hello there, Pikachu. My name is Tyre." He offered his hand for PIkachu to smell. "I know this may seem forward, but I'm your new trainer and, well, I'm hoping we can be good friends."

"Pi," Pikachu said approvingly, nodding before grabbing a few berries from the bush it had been eating at before. He ate them happily, tossing a few to Dratini. The dragon type swallowed them in one go, noticing that his health seemed to be coming back.

"Alright, a trainer!" a girl squeeled. She had blond hair, shorts (who the heck where's shorts in a dense forest!?), and a white shirt. "My name is Emily, but you can call me Em!" she laughed, making the group stare at her. "Let's battle! Three verse three!"

"Er, I only have two," Tyre said.

The girl faltered. "Two on two, then! Go, Beedril!" Trent brought out his pokedex as the pokemon appeared.
015beedrill.png
Beedrill, the bee pokemon. Its best attack involves flying around at a high speed, striking its foe, and flying off.

"We can handle this," Tyre said confidently. "Go, Dratini!"

Finishing off a few more of those berries, Dratini slithered forward. "Tini!"

"Thunder Wave!" Tyre commanded.

""Fury Attack!" Em ordered.

Beedrill flew right thrrough the Thunder Wave, ignoring its effects and jabbing Dratini repeatedly with its large stingers.

"Tini!" Dratini winced in anger. "Tin!" he shouted, sending a vicious Twister towards Beedril.

"Beedrill, Fury Attack!" Em commanded again.

"Bee!" Beedrill called, trying to fly towards Dratini, but the harsh tornado sucked it in and sent it spinning, body being torn and bruised. "Dril," Beedrill winced.

"Good, now strike it again while its hurt!" Tyre commanded happily.

Rearing, Dratini launched itself, Wrapping tightly around Beedril. Dratini managed to Wrap around its large stingers and wings, making them fall to the ground. "Be," Beedrill gasped as it landed painfully on its side.

"Tini," Dratini spat, tightening itself even more.

"Fight it off!" Em shouted shrilly.

"Beee!" Beedrill shouted, trying to push Dratini off. Unfortuanently, with its tiny arms and large stingers, it didn't have the strenght to push the large snake off. It had just evolved, and didn't have the strength or the knowledge to use its body wisely. "Bee," Beedrill gasped, giving out at last.

"No, Beedrill!" Em recalled her pokemon. "See how you like this! Go, Pidegeotto!" Bryan brought his pokedex once more.
017pidgeotto.png
Pidgeotto, the flying type. It flies over a large territory in search of prey.

"A flying type, huh. Alright, come back Dratini," Tyre ordered, having Dratini slither over to his side. "You're up, Pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu snarled boldly, jumping in front of the electric type.

"Thundershock!"

"Dodge and use Gust!" Em ordered.

"Pide!" Flapping its wings quickly, Pidgeotto created a large tornado, which pounded against Pikachu.

"Chu..." Pikachu grunted, sending out a vicious Thundershock.

"Geooo!" Pidgeotto screamed, nearly falling to the ground.

"Looks like your flying type can't handle that much!" Tyre taunted before cokcing his head questioningly. "Hey, wait. That pokemon doesn't seem to be at a high enough level. Why is it a Pidgeotto?"

Em shrugged. "I dunno. For whatever reason, you can capture Pidgeotto in here, despite being no stronger that a Pidgey..."

"Thundershock!" Tyre screamed, getting tired of her explanation.

"Geoo!" Pidgeotto screamed, getting hurt even more.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Em screamed.

"Thundershock!" Tyre commanded, having the time of his life.

"Chuu!" Pikachu screamed, shocking Pidgeotto once more.

"Ip," the bird said weakly. Miraculiously, it managed to send one last Gust attack, sending Pikachu flying into a tree and sliding down weakly. "Peo," Pidgeotto sighed, falling to the ground. Giving one last glare at its trainer for not paying attention to the battle, it finally fell into the unoncious world.

"Chuu," Pikachu said, weakly, having hurt itself in the process of getting flung into a tree.

"Good job, Pikachu," Tyre said softly, returning the pokemon to his pokeball. "You deserve a good rest."

Dratini stared wide eyed, wondering if his trainer had taken some pills while he hadn't been looking, because he was actually starting to act like a trainer! Was he about to turn over a new leaf?

"Well, see ya," Tyre said, ignoring the girls glare and mutter's of, "Cheater..." Tyre walked out of the forest with a glint in his eye, completely unscathed and undirty, despite being in a dense forest, and walked toward the next town with Dratini far behind, because the dragon type was still eating berries.

Idiot. "Drat," Dratini said with a sigh, eating some more berries. Guess he didn't exactly turn over a new leaf...

OOC: I'm just about caught up, so if you were holding back the next chapter because you wanted me to catch up or because of laziness, you can post it whenever. :)

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Bryan brought his pokedex once more.

Wolfwhispers - who's Bryan? :P

Dratini grew to Level 19

Pikachu grew to Level 8

Pewter City

2-4 posts

What to do…

In a city you cannot battle wild Pokémon and can only battle trainers in certain places, such as gyms. For each city, I'll briefly list what there is to do.

Interesting places to see:

Pewter City Gym – The gym leader of Pewter is Brock, who uses the Rock type. He rewards victorious trainers with the Boulder Badge, and with the Rock Tomb TM, for some reason.

Brock's Team:

Geodude

Level: 15
Moves: Defense Curl, Tackle, Rock Throw, Mud Sport

Onix

Level: 15
Moves: Rage, Bind, Tackle, Screech

Pokémon Centre – Heal your Pokémon for free with Nurse Joy! You can also stay overnight here for free.

Pokémon Mart – Buy Potions, Pokeballs, Antidotes, Paralyz Heal, Burn Heal, Ice Heal and Awakening here.

Pewter City Museum – Gaze at the wonders of outer space, for a very (un)reasonable price. The curator is muttering something about 'Old Amber' which has to be taken to Cinnabar Island…maybe you could help him? NOTE: only 1 roleplayer can get this, so it will be a simple first come first served basis. However, its got to be a good post to get the Old Amber.

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
"Look at that," Tyre whispered to Dratini, pointing at a brownish gold Rattata, mind instantly going to the gold Pidgey. "The disease is spreading! Go, Pikachu! Thundershock!"

"Ra?" Rattata asked qith confusion before getting a vicious jolt of electricity. "Raaa!" it screamed, Shaking its head, it glared at Pikachu.

"Good, now use another one!" Tyre commanded. "Wipe out the disease!"

Chuckling, Pikachu charged up, letting off a "Chuu!" and releasing it, shocking the rat pokemon.

"Raaa!" Rattata screamed. Glaring, it charged, teeth bared in anger. "Rata!" Rattata slammed into Pikachu's gut, knocking out its breath.

"Pi," Pikachu gasped.

"Come on, Thundershock!" Tyre commanded of the breathless Pikachu.

Casting an irritated glance towards his trainer, Pikachu let off another Thundershock, zapping the running rat.

"Tat," Rattata gasped, stopping from its Tackle charge. Growling, it restarted.

"Dodge!"

"Chuk!" Pikachu laughed, flipping over the Rattata expertly, almost as if he had done flips over attacking pokemon his whole life.

"Now Thundershock!" Tyre commanded, beginning to see victory.

Grinning, Pikachu unleashed its attack. "Chuuu!" The lightning hit its mark, forcing the diseased colored pokemon to fall to the ground.

Tyre grinned. "Alright! Now finish it with... What the!?"

Out of no where, a blue colored pokeball came flying and hit the Rattata. It was a Great Ball, and had no problem capturing the diseased rat.

"Hey!" Tyre shouted.

"Ha! It's mine!" a boy that could be no more than eight years old. He had brown hair and a dirty face; enough said. "It's mine!" he shouted again, laughing manically as he ran away with the great ball.

"But its diseased!" Tyre shouted, hoping he could warn the boy in time.

Dratini just sighed and shook his head.

Pikachu simply scratched his head, wondering if he would still gain experience. He had defeated it, after all...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
@ ILAYM: I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out as time has just not been on my good side, sorry BB.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Can I get that spot? I'll be my usual character, Grey. I'd like for him to be a mysterious character that just came in from another region that bumps into the other adventurers.

Pokemon Starter: Mareep

Name: Grey Christopher Rose
Appearance: Grey is fairly tall for his age, being somewhere around 5'5". He is 'shrimpy' you might say. He doesn't work out, and doesn't have much meat on his bones. He wears a formal watch, nothing fancy though. He usually wears contacts, but if you catch him on a bad day he will be wearing wire-rimmed glasses. He has a few freckles here and there across his face. He has a skinny nose, and has the first signs of acne appearing on his forehead. He has a normal sized chin, and thin lips. He is usually wearing gloves on his hands to cover up his bony fingers. His arms are skinny and most would be able to wrap their hand around his wrists. His legs are the same as his arms: skinny and bony. He has fairly big feet for his small size. A good word to describe his figure is 'lanky'. Grey wouldn't be caught dead in shorts. He always wears jeans, and is okay with short sleeved shirts. Underneath his shirt he always wears a white undershirt. Over his shirt he usually wears a gray hoodie (ironic, aye?). He has bleach-white sneakers; they look as if they have never been worn. Though you can't see his socks, he usually wears the socks that are hidden beneath the shoe. If Grey gets invited to a school party he would probably wear his normal: jeans, short sleeved shirt and undershirt and a gray hoodie. But if the party happens to be a 'Sunday Best' party then he would wear a black or navy blue sports jacket (or suit) accommodated by a usually blue or white button-down shirt with a tie (non-clip on). He would wear khaki or black pants, held up by a usually brown belt. His choice of shoes would be brown 'penny loafers'. On a chilly winter's day, Grey would be seen in his usual dark blue jeans, but a long sleeved shirt and hoodie. Instead of sparkly white sneakers, Grey would wear brown boots. On cold days Grey would usually have his glasses on, so his contacts won't dry out with the dry and cold wind. If it is especially cold, he would either have a hat on, or the hood of his hoodie.
Personality: Grey is calm whenever things around him are calm. He is a follower if whatever must get done doesn't affect his grades, etc., but whenever something comes up and it will affect his life he will take the lead of the project and complete it with his best efforts and intentions. His mood changes as the mood of those around him changes. If it is a rainy day, he will most likely be gloomy, but on a bright day he will be happy and calm. Whenever something sad, devastating, happy, or joyous happens, he usually won't show much emotion. A good way to describe his personality is if the weather is good, he's good, but if the weather is gloomy, he's gloomy. Because of his small size he is usually picked on by kids his age and older. Usually the first time they pick on him is also the last. He has a darks side when someone threatens him or tries to hurt him. People learn that despite his laid back person, he can get mad fairly easily. Outwardly to everyone Grey is very calm and shy, but those who really get to know him will see that he can be very open and talkative, quite the opposite of his normal, laid back personality. Grey is loyal to everyone around him and when he is around strangers, he tends to try to be cool and mysteries to make a good impression, but he usually fails.
History: Family:
Name- Scarlett Rose
Age- 51 (at death)
Relation- Mother

Name - Thorn Rose
Age - 43 (at death)
Relation - Father

Name - Scarlett Rose
Age - (Died at birth; would be 12)
Relation - Sister

Name - Thorn Rose Jr.
Age - 22
Relation - Brother (Estranged)

Name - Mary Iona
Age - 63
Relation - Caretaker
Past: Twenty-two years to the day before Grey was born, his brother, Thorn Jr. was born. Twenty-two years later Grey and his twin sister Scarlett were born on a rainy, gloomy day; his parents were Scarlett and Thorn, both were great, wealthy Pokemon trainers. Sadly, Scarlett died at birth. Then to make his birth sadder, his dad died less than a week later. Now Scarlett was a single mom of to boys: the newborn Grey and Thorn Jr., age 10. Then, when Grey was eight and his brother was 18, their mother died. After the deaths of his parents Thorn became estranged from his only left family member, Grey. He left Grey in the care of Mary Iona, a boring, old caretaker. Luckily for Grey it was only two years before he left on his Pokemon journey. But when Grey finally turned ten, Iona wouldn't let him leave. After a one year wait, Grey was able to leave, but with no Pokemon. On a search to find his brother, he ended up in New Bark Town, where there was a Professor, who had a computer. He looked up his brothers name, Thorn Rey Rose Jr. he found out that his brother was the owner of the biggest money-making company and was better known now as Mr. Rose; Grey then knew that his brother would never let him live with him. He was a big shot now, not caring about his orphaned brother. That is when Grey knew that he finally needed to go on his own Pokemon journey. But to start, Grey travelled to a region unknown to him; Kanto.
Starter Choice: Snorunt, Female Please.

I've never started an RP in the middle of it, so bear with me. And yes, just one Pokemon so it can be fairly good-leveled.

Last edited:

Years
King9000 - It looks...decent, but beef it up a bit. PM me when you'e finished it.

Symphony - (no, I'm not going to even try and figure out how to really write that) King9000 technically took the last spot, but that SU was just about amazing enough to get you in with a Female Snorunt at level...how does level 15 sound? Btw, could you post in the OOC thread what nature you want it to be? so - Accepted!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
"Pikachu, Thunderhock that Pidgey!" Tyre shouted out of nowhere, startling his two pokemon. They had been walking peacefully toward the visible city, and then all of a sudden, he just shouts out an order.

"Chu," Pikachu said a little hesitently, eyeing the bird digging at the ground. He glanced at Dratini, but the blue dragon simply rolled his eyes. "Pika... chu!" Pikachu shouted, electrocuting the shocked Pidgey.

"Piid!" Pidgey screamed in pain, body twitching from the aftershocks. "Gye!" it screamed, flying at Pikachu with Vengence in its eyes.

"Thundershock again!" Tyre barked out.

"Chhu!" The electrcity shot out at Pidgey, hitting it point blank, and causing it to fall to the ground.

"Piid," it grunted angrily. Piide!" it screamed flying straight at Pikachu again.

"Didn't we just go through this?" Tyre asked to Dratini.

Dratini simply sighed, eyes watching in boredom as Pikachu once again shot the Pidgey out of the sky, only to get up again and charge. It seemed like there were stupid pokemon as well as humans. What a sad, sad world.

"Finish it with Thundershock!" Tyre shouted with joy.

"Pikachuuu!" Pikachu screamed shocking the Pidgey.

"Piiied!" Pidgey screamed, falling to the ground with an audible crunch. "Geyyy," it crowed pitifully, dragging itself into the bushes.

"Chu," Pikachu sighed, glancing up at Tyre, an ear twitching.

"You must be wondering why I had you battle right before we entered the city, aren't you?" Tyre guessed.

No. "Chu."

"Ahh, you are! Well, you see, Pikachu," Tyre said, crouching down to Pikachu's level. "You only know awsome attacks like Thundershock and Growl, but those won't do much good against the gym leader since he has rock type pokemon. And you're only one level away from learning a move that's actually effective against rock type pokemon."

Pikachu and Dratini stared wide eyed at the now humming Tyre who was marching towards the town. Was... was Tyre actually using his brain!?

Holy freakin' begeezus.

Years
King9000- okay, thanks for letting me know

Wolfwhispers - great post, but I think you got your levels mixed up :P Pikachu learns Quick attack at level 11 in Gen III but at level 13 in GenIV. I'm going by the most recent movesets, as they'll probably be the most accurate, or whatever. On the plus side, Type advantages don't really mean squat when youre a sue. :D

Pikachu grew to level 12

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
The old tattered bus was near to its next destination: Pewter City, Kanto. On the old, rusty piece of junk was one person and one person only: Grey Christopher Rose. The few people that were on the bus had left in bigger, better cities spread across Johto and Kanto. The old, worn-out driver managed a loud belch at what Grey thought to be a very high decibel count. Well, loud enough to wake the sleeping Grey.

"Were almost there," the bus driver said with a tired and cracked voice.

Grey then moved his head around and noticed the painful crick in his neck. Trying to pop it, Grey shifted his head from one side to the other. With no luck, Grey kept his head straight up to stay awake. He noticed all of the Pokemon on the route they were on. There were Nidorans, both male and female, and tons of bug Pokemon including Caterpie and Weedle. Grey saw a sign on the side of the road that was covered in graffiti. With Grey's dyslexia the sign would have been hard to read, but the sprayed-on paint didn't help either.

Though, based on the bus' next stop, Grey figured the sign must have said something along the lines of 'Pewter City, Straight Ahead.'

"Okay," the old bus driver said as Grey walked up the empty rows to the door. The bus driver was holding out a hand, so Grey reached into his back pocket and pulled out a wad of money and stuck it into the guys' drooling mouth.

Quickly, Grey ran off the bus so he didn't have to hear the old man cursing. Grey quickly ran into the PokeCenter so the man wouldn't run him over.

"Can I help you?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Uhh, yeah." Grey said, "Do you have any open rooms?"

"We sure do. Would you like to rent one?"

"Uhh, sure." Grey said. Then, reaching into his back pocket he said, "How much?"

"Free, for trainers," The nurse said.

"Oh, good!" Grey said, relieved. "Which room?"

"Just go down that hall. First door on the left." The nurse said, pointing to a hall.

"Good," Grey mumbled to himself while walking down the hall and entering the first door on the left.

Once in the room, Grey went into the bathroom, clogged the bathtub and started running hot water. One the tub was fairly full Grey said, "Come on out Aes!" He reached for his only PokeBall and released the Pokemon inside. The Pokemon landed in Grey's open hand and Grey then put the Pokemon into the bath water.

"Horse! Horse – eeee!" the Pokemon squealed, diving into the water then jumping back up.

"Good girl," Grey said, petting the Pokemon's scaly back. Then Grey splashed it and out of instinct the Pokemon shot a foggy form of black smoke from its' muzzle, fogging up all of the water.

"Oh don't do that!" Grey said. "Okay, get out,"

The Pokemon obediently got out of the tub and into Grey's hands. Then Grey clogged the sink and filled it with water to put the Pokemon in.
Once Aes was splashing around in the sink, Grey took off his clothes and took a long, hot shower.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
As any young beginning trainer, Tyre was greatly interested in the new city he had just entered. Looking around in awe, Tyre couldn't help but notice all of the strange rock carvings. He knew that Pewter City, city of the rocks, was, well, a rocky place, but thus was just ridiculious!

"Hello, and welcome to the pokemon center," a nurse with pink haired asked. It was another Nurse Joy. "May I heal your pokemon?"

"Yea, what else would I be here for?" Tyre asked, handing over his pokeballs.

"Oh, perhaps you wished to eat at our free buffet, or perhaps stay in a room for free, or you simply wished me to watch over your pokemon as you went to visit museum," Nurse Jy listed.

Tyre blinked. "There's a museum of stuff?" he asked.

"Of course," Nurse Joy laughed. "Now here are your pokeballs..."

"That was fast," Tyre muttered.

"...and have a good day," Nurse Joy finished, acting as if Tyre hadn't interrupted her.

"...right," Tyre drawled, running out of the pokemon center. He really didn't want to stay in there any longer.

Looking around, he could see in the distance a rather large white building with the word 'Museum' on it. As it was a rather small town, all the houses could be seen. Walking toward the building, Tyre was a bit confused as to why there were so few people about. Shrugging it off, Tyre entered.

"Welcome," a voice said to his right. Turning, Tyre noticed it was a woman who was wearing some type of uniform. "To enter, you must please pay the fee."

"Fee?"

The woman smiled. "Just hand over your pokedex and it will act as a credit card." Nodding, Tyre handed it over, not even thinking of the possibilities that this woman could use his pokedex information and steal all of his money... "All done," she announced happily, handing the pokedex back. "Have a good day!"

Nodding, Tyre toured the museum, looking in wonder at all of the space machines. He even came across a case that held some type of 'Moon Stone'. Getting tired of the first floor, Tyre centured up to the second, eyes widening as he took in the giant bones of the lost prehistoric pokemon. The first one was a Kabutops, and boy did that look strong!

Coming to the end, was the largest of all: Aerodactyl. The bones were behind a case, much to his disappointmen. He wanted to touch it, dammit!

"I just... wish I could..." came a mumble.

Blinking, Tyre looked behind the large set of bones toward a depressed looking scientist. He was looking at something shiny in his hands. His eyes kept glancing at the Aerodactyl bones with longing. When his eyes landed on Tyre, they widened.

"Are... are you a pokemon trainer?" he asked.

Puffing out his chest, Tyre nodded with a large smile. "You bet I am! The name is Tyre, and I'm going to be a pokemon master someday!"

The scientist blinked in shock before mumbling to himself. "Can... I trust a kid? Well, what am I going to do with it?"

"What?" Tyre asked, coming closer to hear the mad man's muttering.

"Er, nothing!" the scientist barked out, laughing nervously. "Listen, er, Tyre," he said a little hesitently. "Have you heard of the laboratory on Cinnabar Island that is said to bring back fossils to life?"

Tyre closed his eyes in thought. "Don't they hae something like that in Sinnoh?"

"Uh, yes," the scientist gritted out. "But we have one in Kanto, and I was wondering if you..."

"You want me to bring something back to life?" Tyre asked excitedly. "I'll do it!"

"You will!?" the scientist asked with just as much excitement.

"Of course I will! What kind of idiot wouldn't want to do that?"

"Good, then take this Old Amber, and take it to Cinnabar Island and find the laboratory. Just show them this, and they'll know what to do."

"Great! I'll get started on it as soon as I get my first badge!"

"Yes! ...Er, wait. First badge?"

"Yep! I just started off," Tyre exclaimed proudly.

"...oh." The scientist began to wonder if he should start thinking logically from now on. Honestly, asking the first trainer that came his way for this kind of help...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Heya guys,

@ ILAYM: I was wondering as the wildcard is still open, if I could possibly rejoin.

Years
Symphony - nice first post...but didn't Grey have a Snorunt?

Wolfwhispers - lol, that's plenty good enough.

Tyre received the Old Amber

that means it is taken, just to re-iterate, so please don't try and get it as well, anyone else :P

Bemerton Boy - I'm afraid all the spots are full :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back