• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Aero League

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    The Aero League

Quick Jump List

General Information
    [alink id="Intro"]Introduction[/alink id]
    [alink id="How"]How it Functions[/alink id]
    [alink id="TRule"]Thread Rules[/alink id]
    [alink id="BRule"]Battle Rules[/alink id]
    [alink id="hack"]Hack Info[/alink id]

Gyms
    [alink id="Gym1"]Amber City Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Gym2"]Han Blue Harbor Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Gym3"]Sepia City Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Gym4"]Taupe Town Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Gym5"]Wisteria Springs Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Gym6"]Mauve Park Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Gym7"]Ivory Island Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Gym8"]Crimson City Gym[/alink id]
    [alink id="Champ"]Champion[/alink id]

Extras
    [alink id="Ad"]Advertisement Banners[/alink id]
    [alink id="Black"]Blacklist[/alink id]
    [alink id="Credit"]Credits[/alink id]
    [alink id="History"]Thread History[/alink id]
    [a id]Introduction[/a id]

Introduction

The Aero League is now official. Welcome. Now I bet you're wondering what makes this league special and out of the ordinary. Well I'll tell you one thing, it's a lot more unique than most would think. First off, I would like to let you know that each gym's type will not be revealed. You will have to make assumptions on the gym's type based on the city's/town's landscape. All of the pokemon you will be facing are well made sets as well as highly trained pokemon. You will have to face three pokemon in each gym, but there's a catch. You will only have access to two pokemon.

[a id]How[/a id]

How it Functions

Now I'm sure all of you are a bit confused on how this league will function. That's what this little section is for.

Gyms
    Each gym will be lead by two people. One is the main gym leader who you should always contact first. The second is a co-leader who will function as a substitute if the main leader is unable to battle. Each leader will have three pokemon provided by me or one of my two assistants. The gym's pokemon will be determined by their hometown's landscape, such as an ocean area would contain water type pokemon.

This will be testing your wit at developing a team to beat out each leader with only two pokemon. That's right. This is the fairest way to go about this because you will have the edge over the opponent since you can make assumptions on what type their pokemon are. If you are unsure about what type they are however, you should certainly bring in two pokemon with some amazing coverage.

After becoming a leader (just ask for a gym if it's open) you must keep a record of your wins and losses. After ten matches, if you have lost more than 6 matches, you will be up for replacement. This is to keep the gyms challenging enough to be considered a challenge. So in short, you must win 40% of the time to stay in the gym slot.

Gym leaders and I will collaborate on team creation for their gym. I will assist them if they ask for it. Try to be unique when choosing your pokemon and do your best to stay within the hometown's description.

Challengers
    All challengers are required to have two pokemon upon entering a gym match. They must be on the Platinum version of the game and you must have access to Wifi. When you are ready to challenge a gym, notify the main leader by either sending them a VM or a PM and wait patiently. If the main leader is unable to battle within 24 hours, please contact the co-leader.

When you have beaten a gym leader, both participants must report the match in a VM/PM to myself. I will then provide you with the badge (under construction) that corresponds with that gym. Once you have all eight badges you will be able to take on one of the three Champions.

Keep in mind challengers. The gym leaders are not type specific. Imagine the game for example. If there is a cave, do you only find rock type pokemon in it? Or do you find others such as Zubat, Spheal, ect. That's how this is working. The gym leaders are compiling teams based off of the landscape rather than picking a single type. The landscape can point towards a type however.

Champion Battle
    The Champion Battle will be the final line of the league. You must either contact me or one of my two assistants for this battle. This battle is a bit more tough to do, hopefully it'll work out well. This battle will take place over Shoddy Battle on the PC server.

The Champion will have six pokemon of their liking. The challenger has three pokemon of their liking. The catch is that the Champion isn't allowed to switch his/her pokemon at all during the battle. This will (hopefully) make the challenge a bit more interesting.

Once the challenger has thwarted one of the champions, they will achieve the "Champion's Seal" (under construction) which will function as a pass for a Shoddy Tournament later this year. So strive to be the best, like no one ever was, and work hard on your team. Good luck, you'll need it.

Becoming a Champion/Assistant requires you to face me in a shoddy match. I will then grade you on three factors during your battle: Prediction, Battle Intelligence, and Team Creation. All of these stats will be out of five (#/5) and will be totaled in the end. If you win, you will gain one extra point. You must be above good to be given this spot, and you must have a high amount of interest in assisting in the well-being of this league as well as access to an ARDS.

[a id]TRule[/a id]

Thread Rules

1. Basic PC rules always apply here, as well as the battling/trading rules. Those can be found here, here, and here.
    2. Do not come here and complain about how you cannot get the leader to face you. We all have busy schedules and face many people a day. Instead of whining here, PM or VM that leader, or try the co-leader.
    3. If you wish to become a leader, ask for the position if it is open. Afterward, send me a PM (not VM) of your planned team. If there are any pokemon that I find questionable, please back them up with good reasoning by using the town's description. If a leader loses more than 60% of their matches, they are up for replacement. If you are interested in "stealing" a spot from one of these leaders, PM/VM them as well as sending me a PM/VM that you are challenging them for their spot. If you are the winner, you will be the new leader. (Replacement battles must be done with planned gym teams)
    4. To become a Champion, you must have access to Shoddy/Wifi, access to ARDS, high interest in assisting me with the well-being of this thread, and you must be an exceptional battler. Remember, you are the final battle.
    5. Of course, no flaming anyone even if you lose to them because of hax. This is supposed to be all fun, and if hax is the cause of a win, that's just the way it is. Please remember that it is a part of the game, and please don't get upset about it.
    6. Read the whole thread before posting. I know it's a lot to read, but it'll stop the annoying questions of "How do I become a gym leader" or "The gym leader won't message me" and the like.
    7. If a battle ends in a tie, the win goes to the challenger.
    8. If you see any flukes that I may have made while creating this thread, please point them out. I know I've found a few when I posted this.

[a id]BRule[/a id]

Battle Rules

All gym battles will take place over Wifi and are single battles only. All Champion battles will be done over Shoddy and are single battles only.

Sleep Clause - The sleep clause is a basic rule of any battle. You are only allowed to put one opponent pokemon to sleep at a time. Using Rest is not counted towards this clause. If you do happen to put more than one pokemon to sleep at a time, you must forfeit the match.

Evasion Clause - Moves that make it tougher to hit an opponent (Double Team, Sand Attack, ect.) are disqualified. The battle gets too luck based and isn't filled with any skill, but more with luck.

OHKO Clause - Any moves that kill a pokemon in one hit in their description (such as Fissure) are disqualified.

Uber Clause - Uber pokemon are not allowed in this league. Pokemon considered uber:
    - Mewtwo
    - Mew
    - Ho-oh
    - Lugia
    - Latios
    - Kyogre
    - Groudon
    - Rayquaza
    - Deoxys (all forms)
    - Garchomp
    - Dialga
    - Palkia
    - Giratina
    - Giratina-O
    - Darkrai
    - Shaymin-S
    - Arceus
    - Manaphy
    - Wobbuffet
    - Wynaut

Hax Clause - Items that increase anything to do with hax (missing, critical hits, secondary effects) are disqualifies. Again, it makes the match more based on luck rather than skill.

[a id]hack[/a id]

Hack Info

Before even thinking about joining up, you may want to be informed that some of the gym leader's pokemon are hacked. They are not unreasonably hacked however, meaning they won't have impossible stats or moves.

This means that each pokemon that is hacked CAN be obtainable by normal means if we were to have the time to do so. So if you are iffy about playing with or against hacked pokemon, then please don't join. You have been warned.

These pokemon are hacked with ARDS and Pokesav.

I have been given permission by Horizon to supply my leaders with their pokemon if they ask for it.

[a id]Gym1[/a id]

Amber City Gym

Description: Amber City is surrounded by the Amber Forest where the leaves are a beautiful yellow color. Strange happenings in the forest have been accounted for, but no one is quite sure exactly what happens, especially in the trees.

Leader: natedogg
    FC: 2063 5416 0134
    Bonus Rules: N/A
    Record: 2-0

Co-Leader: N/A
    FC: N/A
    Record: 0-0

[a id]Gym2[/a id]

Han Blue Harbor Gym

The Han Blue Harbor is centered around a small town and mainly functions off of the docks. There seems to be some factories nearby as well as a number of high tides out in the distance.

Leader: Greene1516
    FC: 2707 9490 0844

[a id]Gym3[/a id]

Sepia City Gym

The Sepia City Gym is the location of one of the largest swamps on the planet. Be careful not to get pulled in, because you may lose more than just your shoes. There also seems to be a constant buzzing noise all day long.

Leader: polkop
    FC: 2407 1744 9691
    Bonus Rules: No OU pokemon.

[a id]Gym4[/a id]

Taupe Town Gym

Taupe Town is the largest town in the league, and it is home to a large number of machinery. Off of the road there is a small cave that no one but the strongest in courage have ever ventured into.

Leader: RAcastBlaster
    FC: 0817 9923 2269

[a id]Gym5[/a id]

Wisteria Springs Gym

Wisteria Springs is a little country-side town where there are roaming fields that everyone loves to play in. It's notably one of the most laid-back towns of all the other ones.

Leader: duil
    FC: 4125 2971 7061
    Bonus Rules: No held items.
    Record: 0-3

[a id]Gym6[/a id]

Mauve Park Gym

One of the more depressing areas in the league, Mauve Park is home to a large number of run-down trailer homes and is located outside of a foggy forest. Be wary when visiting this town.

Leader: protovad
    Bonus Rules: Only moves that correspond with your pokemon's type(s) are allowed. E.g. Venusaur can only use Grass/Poison moves.

[a id]Gym7[/a id]

Ivory Island Gym

A large Island off the coast where a large variety of pokemon roam. The weather is very volatile here, but there seems to be a large number of tropical pokemon. A dormant, snow-capped volcano sits in the middle of the island.

Leader: animeFTW

[a id]Gym8[/a id]

Crimson City Gym

Crimson City is a rather interesting city. It has a rather special and unreal air to it, and anyone who steps into the territories of this town will know when they have arrived. A surge of amazement will enter you the instant you arrive.

Leader: ckn
    FC: 1848 7740 8193
    Bonus Rules: Items Clause
    Record: 6-3

[a id]Champ[/a id]

Champion

Choose three of your best pokemon, because you'll have to go up against six. These battles will be done over Shoddy, no matter what. The Champion is not allowed to switch, and if they are caught switching, they will have to forfeit the match.

Aero
    Shoddy Nickname: AeroForce22

Super Luigi
    Shoddy Nickname:
    Dark Abyss

N/A
    Shoddy Nickname:
    N/A

[a id]Ad[/a id]

Advertisement Banners

The Aero League

The Aero League

[a id]Black[/a id]

Blacklist

Anyone who steals badges when they have not won them properly, or has been caught hacking (unreasonably) or just causes too many problems will be place here.

[a id]Credit[/a id]

Credits

Here are the credits of the people I owe respect to for the creation of this thread.

~ BeachBoy and Hiroshi Sotomura for the coding of the jump box.
    ~ Horizon for giving me permission to create this thread. Thanks.
    ~ Yeah...I need some assistants and they'll be listed here.

[a id]History[/a id]

Thread History

- v.1.0.0 - Everything that is required has been done. Including the gym descriptions and rules and such.
    - v.1.1.0 - Updating some rules. Be sure to reread them for any new information.

Last edited:

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Sounds interesting, question though, for the shoddy match to gain the leader position, do you intend to fight the gym team we'd make or our typical OU team?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    According to your rules, people who get to face the champion must beat him with 3 Pokemon while he has 6. How is that fair?

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    According to your rules, people who get to face the champion must beat him with 3 Pokemon while he has 6. How is that fair?

The Champoin is not allowed to switch pokemon making it easier for the challenger.

.Aero

Years
    Lol, to answer your questions:

The Shoddy match to become a leader/champion is with a regular OU team. The only reason for that is so that I can rank you based on your usual performance.

The 3v6 thing is subject to change. I actually meant to put that in there somewhere, but I forgot. Switching is a huge part of any competitive battle, so it seems to me that the battle is more in favor of the challenger
    (Imagine ChoiceSpecs Flamethower hitting a Heatran constantly and I couldn't switch).

Now if it is unfair by a large margin, I will change it. Just remember though, the Champion battle is supposed to be tough.

Btw, I'd also appreciate some assistants (aka Champions) before I get a large amount of gym leaders. I'm going to have to hack the gym leaders pokemon, and I have to do that all manually which is very time consuming. So if you do have access to ARDS, I'd love to have you assist in the creation of the leader's teams.

This means if you become a leader, you will be provided pokemon to keep by me or one of my future assistants. Kind of a complimentary gift. ;D You will also be guaranteed a spot in the upcoming shoddy tournament.

Greene1516

Years
    Switching isn't half as important as the balance of numbers. The fact that the champion is the champion is enough to know that they are likely going to be better than most challengers. And they aren't going to have many challengers either. A basic 6 on 6 is a fari enough battle versus the challenger. And trust me, I've had more than enough battle experience to know what I am talking about.

.Aero

Years
    I also have had plenty of experience in battling as well. lol

I would like to see how this turns out however. If one of you would like to test this out later today (3:00PM EST) I would love to try it. I look at this on the completely opposite side of the spectrum and I was worrying that the inability of switching would ruin the challenge of the battle. :/

So I would like to test this before I actually change it. A plain old 6v6 would be too boring, and the idea behind this League is to be out of the ordinary.

(Also, to those that want to apply for a gym, please tell me what city/town you want to become the leader of, and I will test you. Afterwards, we can collaborate on a team together for you.)

If you wanna test at 3:00PM EST, I'll be on the PC Shoddy server, my nickname is AeroForce22 (xP). D_A says is should be back up this afternoon, so yeah...

EDIT: It's not up yet. So I'll do it on smogon. >.<

Last edited:

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Well I'm interested in taking up a gym position. Just let me know when you're up for that shoddy match, I've got my usual team saved.

.Aero

Years
    Yeah, just let me know what gym you want (Town name) and give me your Shoddy nickname. It'll be done on the smogon server as it's the only other one that I have an account on other than the PC server. D:

Just give me a minute however, the computer I am currently on can't download shoddy, and the computer that can is really freaking slow. So it'll take a lil bit to warm up and get going. ^^"

Greene1516

Years
    Just noticed as well that gyms are 2 vs 3 and that gym leaders don't even get to use their own Pokemon. What's the point in being a leader if you can't use your own Pokemon. I mean no offense but it is trying to control too much, and I am not trying to insinuate anything, but how is a leader supposed to know that you are as good as you say and that the Pokemon you train for them will be any good or to their style? Every leader is going to have their own styles and strategies that can't be augmented by a set team they have never trained or used, and may not even like. I respect the fact that you are trying to put a unique edge on things for this, but I'm not sure that that is the right way to do it. Leaders need to be unique to themselves, and challengers need a fair chance.

.Aero

Years
    >.< The gym leaders and I are going to collaborate on the teams. Once they have been given the gym as their own, I will reveal to them the ideas I had behind the town descriptions.

After that, they will choose some pokemon that think would work well together and I will create them. You're argument is flawed as I am letting the leaders be unique, but this is just as much a game for the challengers as it is for the leaders (as in choosing the right place for the type of pokemon you want to use).

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Just so you know, I IV breed anyhow, I'm not going to use hacked pokemon ;D But you're more than welcome to supply me with parents!

Greene1516

Years
    this is just as much a game for the challengers as it is for the leaders (as in choosing the right place for the type of pokemon you want to use).

And the key to every good game is balance which isn't supplied when one person has less Pokemon. Switch in for one player only won't change that. For instance look at the champion position. The champion will likely have 6 types of Pokemon. The challenger has three. They both start off, the challenger may switch and kill one, but the next will be a counter, and in the end the challenger will rack up too much damage from switch ins because of the fact he can't counter enough possibilities for a team of 6 with just a team of 3. You should know this from experience, usually even in an even battle if you lose too many Pokemon off the bat you usually lose the battle because the outnumbering eventually gets you.

Also with a team of three versus a team of six, the champion will get to use good strategies and set ups, whereas the challenger really won't be able to do that. They can't get the right balance and will basically being ding all out attacking or defending while the champion can run rampid with any strategy they choose.

.Aero

Years
    Can I join?

I've always kind of wanted to join a "league". Haha

Tomorrow at this time will be the best to try-out. Shoddy isn't working for me right now, so I suggest making a team on there and trying it out before battling me tomorrow. xD

- Mauve Park Gym

Just so you know, I IV breed anyhow, I'm not going to use hacked pokemon ;D But you're more than welcome to supply me with parents!

You sure? :/ Well that's fine if you really don't want the pokemon. xD That just means less work for me and my assistants. We'll work on a team if you pass the test (which you should lol).

- Taupe Town Gym

And the key to every good game is balance which isn't supplied when one person has less Pokemon. Switch in for one player only won't change that. For instance look at the champion position. The champion will likely have 6 types of Pokemon. The challenger has three. They both start off, the challenger may switch and kill one, but the next will be a counter, and in the end the challenger will rack up too much damage from switch ins because of the fact he can't counter enough possibilities for a team of 6 with just a team of 3. You should know this from experience, usually even in an even battle if you lose too many Pokemon off the bat you usually lose the battle because the outnumbering eventually gets you.

Also with a team of three versus a team of six, the champion will get to use good strategies and set ups, whereas the challenger really won't be able to do that. They can't get the right balance and will basically being ding all out attacking or defending while the champion can run rampid with any strategy they choose.

As I have said before. I want to test this before I change it. >.< I see what you're getting at, but I refuse to just change it off of theorymon. I am like you, very stubborn (not an insult). xD

And the gym's should be pretty easy. You're able to bring in a team of two OU, while the gym leaders are limited to a smaller amount of pokemon that may force them to use UU and possibly even NU. Plus the challenger has the edge since they can assume what pokemon the gym leader has. My little brother (serious pokemon novice) got all but one of the gym's types right. xD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back