• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The All American Pokemon League (OOC + Signups)

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    C'mon people, NYC might be a symbol of America but D.C. is awesome too!!
    Museum of Art, National Archives, White House, Lincoln memorial, Washington memorial, Museum of History, Holocaust museum, etcetera, etcetra. It is a testament to our history and to our country, the place where history has been made so many times, where the prez lives, where congress makes decisions.
    Have I convinced anyone?

Years
    Well, that is a very good point. But since DC is such a symbol of our country, I think it would make sense for that to be the LAST gym, and the Elite team HQ.

Just a thought lol

ALSO! It doesn't look like it's up yet, but a guy named Eeveemaster Pm'd me asking for permission to start a similar thread to this, but for a Canadian league. So, if he does make it happen, it'll be a SUPER AMAZING EXTRA CHALLENGE TO DO.... bum bum bum. BOTH LEAGUES!!!

I dunno how it'll all work out yet. But there's ideas of a Canadian league, and stuff might be gettin real. Canada vs America, finally!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Oh, quick question about the thread itself for when it is/will be made. I can only assume there will be a lot of walking, so will that be the main fom of transport? The towns in POkemon were close enough and the world wasn't that bad but let's face it, the great US of A is a pretty big place, especially by walking standards.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    Toasty Woodman@
    I'm an elegant white lady, thank you~

I've already got the whole plot and map ready, just need to type it up and have it accepted~

Ethan@
    It would be impossible to walk USA. A good example is the anime series. It takes DAYS UPON DAYS to get to a city that has a gym. And by grand total standards, a good year to get to the Elite Four and such. Kanto, Sinnoh and the like are pretty much the size of USA in the Pokemon World.

We will most surely have transportation. Although, plane would be only for long-distances. I'm guessing bus, flying by Pokemon, or simply Car-pooling. Gardevoir use Teleport, anyone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    My main issues would be how to get to Hawaii and Alaska, but hey, if ya got a Water Pokemon, I think you're set. Of course, surely there will be some insane individual who will indeed try to traverse the entire landscape, if not half of it. BUt I can't imagine anyone being THAT insane. *Cross look at Jeremy. Cough*

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Ha, My characters got a motorcycle to get herself places, and for Alaska... CROSS-COUNTRY ROAD TRIP!!!! Also for Hawaii, well most likely by that point i'll have had the Vibrava evolve into a Flygon and just fly their.

Years
    I was definitely thinking a ship to Hawaii, and probably a plane to and from Alaska but aside from that, it'll probably be a variety of different means, cars, plane rides, motorcycles, hitchhiking, and of course, the bus. I'm thinking that some people (If not all) will be traveling in a group, so whoever does can figure it like, with the group.

I guess that's one thing that should be asked... Who wants to be in a group, and who'd rather go alone?

One thing that'll be pointed out... at cedrtain times, youll be asked to play a gym leader, and try to defeat a player. If you win a battle as a gym leader, your character will receive something very nice. :) You don't HAVE to play a gym leader, but it'd be nice, otherwise i'd have to do all of them. and that's almost a total of like, 400 gym battles or so. :o

@Eeveemaster: Oh. well then.

ALSO it's not impossible to walk across america, this one guy did an entire marathon in every state in under a month. So ha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    My guy c an go either way, but really he's prefer to be in a group. He's good comic relief than anything. :D

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    I didn't say it was impossible, sir.

Just think about it.

That guy who did that marathon? He didn't have to worry about things getting in his way; he knew his route. He probably had a car following him like Terry Fox, and he didn't have to worry about food, shelter, and the like.

Also, random Pokemon weren't attacking him xD

So...

Bathroom+Sleep+Wild Pokemon+Strangers-that-want-to-battle+Food+Healing+Training=More than a month of this. Especially if we have to get AT LEAST 25 badges.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    At this rate, I think my guy may be better off just...alone. >> We'll see though!

Back