• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Alola Starters - who will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Popplio

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • The Alola Starters - who will you choose?

The Alola Starters - who will you choose?

(last thread on this topic died out)

Like every region in Pokemon, the Alola region continues tradition of its own set of starter Pokemon to be given to new trainers in the region. Alola's resident starter trio is the Grass-type Rowlet (who also comes with a secondary Flying-type), the Fire-type Litten and the Water-type Popplio.

So, who are you planning to choose for the games? Are you Team Rowlet, Team Litten, or Team Popplio?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I'm Team Popplio all the way! I love that cute little sea lion, and I never understood why many people hated it ( Even though it gained much more love thanks to its possible final evo). I've always picked the water-type starter every generation, so I'm staying loyal to that pattern!

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • Litten for my male protagonist, Popplio for my female. My male will end up getting the Magikarp I mentioned in my old thread as his main starter if available near the beginning of the game. The female may get his Litten toof after that, otherwise I may think of something else for her.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Litten! I like it best. Since I'll probably get both versions, I'll take Rowlet on the second game. I think this is the first time I've preferred the grass starter over the water for a second choice. I usually never pick grass.

Years
  • Since day one when starters were announced, I was in love with Popplio. For me, the blue, white, cyan, pink color palette alongside its sparkly standing animation hinted that it would evolve into a beautiful pokemon. I am still awaiting information about day/night split evolutions, but I will make sure I get the one with the leaked concepts. It's by far my favorite starter and final evolution. Actually this is my favorite pokemon family! I mean, just look at them!!!
    Spoiler:

I do plan to get both sun and moon eventually. As for the other version I will wait to see if there are split evolutions that are exclusive to certain versions. If not, I will definitely go for Rowlet for my second run through. I absolutely love the archer design. I would rank it in the top 5 of starter final evolutions.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Still sticking with Litten.

... However, if his leaked evo really is Fire/Fighting, then I'm switching to Rowlet. Still holding out for Fire/Dark, tho.

Guest123_x1

I'm more than likely going to pick Popplio to start my Alola journey with, mainly because I think that starter is super adorable (even though many others seem to hate the poor guy...)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Ever since the starters were revealed, I knew I wanted Litten as my starter, and this hasn't changed between then and now. I've never seen a Fire starter being this cool since Gen 4. Also, unlike most people here, I love its rumored final evolution, Panthster. I think it's a fierce and badass Pokemon, and it has potential to become my favourite Fire starter ever. (Currently, my favourite Fire starters are Charizard, Blaziken, and Infernape, and I can't choose between them. But if Panthster becomes real, then that may become my favourite over them.)

Also, for people who want Litten to stay quadrupedal, look at this:
    Spoiler:

P.S.: Hikamaru, why didn't you make a poll?

Years
  • I'm definitely Team Litten, I love its design and I'm hopeful for its evolutions. Popplio is cool too but I like Litten's relaxed personality and I'll be choosing it as my starter when the games come out.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll be going with Rowlet. I had pretty much decided back when they were first revealed, but if those chinese leaks are true then I'm more than happy with it's final evolution too.

Even before the starters had been revealed I was hoping I'd fall in love with the grass starter since the last and only time I chose the grass starter first was Chikorita in gen 2.

Years
  • I'm definitely choosing Rowlet, which is surprising, since I usually go for the water-type starter... Rowlet is just SO CUTE and I was so excited when I first saw him!

Popplio would be my second choice... I don't see why everyone keeps accusing him of being silly.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Litten. There are already plenty of cat Pokemon (Meowth, Glameow, Skitty, Purrloin, and Espurr) and I really don't think we need another one. Although I suppose Litten is kind of cute--I just hope he doesn't have anthropomorphic evolutions.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm 100% team Litten! I have been from the start and I can't really see myself changing my decision at this stage. The only way is if GF trolled us by giving Litten a split evolutions with both of them being bipedal.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Since day one when starters were announced, I was in love with Popplio. For me, the blue, white, cyan, pink color palette alongside its sparkly standing animation hinted that it would evolve into a beautiful pokemon. I am still awaiting information about day/night split evolutions, but I will make sure I get the one with the leaked concepts. It's by far my favorite starter and final evolution. Actually this is my favorite pokemon family! I mean, just look at them!!!
    Spoiler:

Yes, he looks kinda clumsy, but I feel like he tries hard to become better and stronger. It's like the ugly duckling story, it's born "ugly" and clumsy (I think Popplio looks super cute, I don't know why people hated him), but in the end, it turns out to be a beautiful and powerful Pokémon. I love that picture btw, it's absolutely ADORABLE. GOD I can't wait to get my hands on Popplio >.<

I'm going to pick Popplio, no matter what anyone says. Hope he becomes a Water Psychic type:-/

I feel like it will become a Water/Fairy type, at least according to the starter's final evo leak! But there might me split evolutions, so there's still that possibility!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I haven't picked one yet, none of them appeal to me all that much. Depending on what the starter evos turn out to actually be, I may not even really use any of them. But we'll have to wait for that reveal.

Back