• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The annoying pokemon you run into in the wild, but its actually good one

Years
  • People may find Tentacool annoying to run into, but it's actually a good pokemon. When it evolves into Tentacruel, it has really high special defense and I believe its special attack is decent as well? I think so, but anyway, I agree its annoying to run into, but its convenient as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I've always thought of Zigzagoon/Linoone to be a good Pokemon. Maybe it doesn't have great stats, but it can learn a lot of different attacks, and it's cute :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree with Tentacruel being good despite evolving from an annoying Pokemon to find. I also think that Crobat is good; while it isn't the best, it can hold its own in battle by stallbreaking competitively.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I have to admit that Tentacruel wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. Despite being an evolution from an annoyingly common Pokemon, it could hold out on its own in a battle. It won me a lot more battles than expected.

Last edited:

SSJ4Ash

Saiyan Poke-Master
    Years
  • Abra in Ruby. My god trying to catch one early on got me so mad. But once I got him I loved using teleport to get out of the longer caves.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • Zubat.
    It may take a while to raise that little bast*rd, but it soon becomes a major annoyance to your Opponents with its Confuse Ray, Supersonic, Leech Seed, and other moves.
    Then eventually it evolves into a mighty Crobat.

Cyrus-and-Crobat-team-galactic-boss-cyrus-16315998-336-483.jpg

BUT ONLY THROUGH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.

Speaking of friendship.. I find it ironic that Cyrus has a Crobat. He often was talking about a world without emotion and pure logic, yet Crobat would've needed friendship in order to evolve. Maybe Cyrus has a nice side?

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • For me my favorite annoying Pokemon is Zubat, for me Zubat is a top Pokemon, I love the whole evolution line I have used Crobat numerous times and it has never failed to impress me. The only problem with the Zubat line is that at a low level the moves it has access to are really limited.

Years
  • I agree with most of those guys.

My fave annoying Pokemon is Zubat cos it makes me laugh with the right training, it becomes a very handy Pokemon. Not to mention Crobat's stats are very well balanced.

The only problem with Zubat is that its stuck with weak moves for a few levels but once you max out its happiness and get it to Crobat you have a very good asset to your team.

Pothus

The Necromancer
    Years
  • Hm, I'd have to agree with most of you and say Zubat. Then I'd have to agree with PlatinumDude and go with Tentacruel.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I agree with Crobat, But I also really like Golem. It's a though Pokémon in single player game, and learns some great moves somewhat early on.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I first used Crobat in XD Gale of Darkness, and came to a realization of how awesome it is. It would go on to serve me very well in Pearl and Platinum.

I only start to get annoyed with Zubat after I catch the one that I want to raise into a Crobat on my team xD

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Zubat, for sure. Crobat is one of my favourite Pokémon. No matter how annoying Zubat is, its evolutions are top notch, both for attack power and status changes.
    Magikarp, Carvanah, Tentacool, Zigzagoon... They all have the potential to become great Pokémon. : >

Years
  • I was very surprised when I used a Tentacruel in a nuzlocke, didn't thought it would be that good but it turned out to be one of my strongest Pokémon.

Years
  • I would have to agree with a lot of others that Zubat can be pretty good once it evolves into Crobat. And while I don't like it at all, Bibarel turned out to be one of the best HM slaves I ever had in Platinum, so I guess you could say it was useful.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Crobat and Tentacruel are both awesome. So are Linoone and Furret! :D Love those fuzzies.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • No one mentions Magikarp's potential to evolve into Gyarados!?
    Oh, and yeah, I have to agree with Quickballer. Sturdy is a very irritating special ability..
    Irritating, but still pretty useful.

Back