• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The athlete clothing challenge

Standard or Pokéathlete attire?

• Total voters

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    No such thing as cold weather in Johto, I guess? =/

I'd go with the Pokeathlon clothing for Gold. Much more mobile, appropriate for Bug Catching, and it doesn't have his puffy, below-the-knee pants. They still bug me.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I would go with the standard, the others just look wrong, they don't even look like the same characters.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    For Lyra/Kotone, I would choose the standard one even when given a choice, because the Pokeathlon one makes her look diffferent and they aren't that appealing, except the top.
    No hat makes her look really different.

For Ethan/Hibiki, I would still choose the standard one, but I would like to switch to the Pokeathlon one sometimes too.
    The reason is that Ethan/Hibiki also looks pretty different in the Pokethlon one, and the standard has a place in my hearts.
    And most importantly, I only like the top half, since the pants feel like they are annoying to wear and annoyingly short to look at.
    But I must admit, the Pokethlon one is really cool looking, though again, it makes him look totally different.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • The standard, for me, is the way to go. Something about the athlete clothing just doesn't look... right? Doesn't look like them? ... I don't like it. It just doesn't "fit" either one of them, I guess.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • For Ethan, I think the Pokéthlete outfit looks better, tho it loses the whole Gold theme. He looks like he's just a whatever-trainer.
    Lyra, I prefer the usual clothing, 'cause the other one is so uninspired and... ugly? Well, once again, she loses her theme, and I'd call that a no-no.

So then... It looks 50% better, but it loses the theme. Can I vote blank?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I think it thoroughly depends. First off, in game, I would go with the normal male outfit (but without the hat, sorry I just don't like it) and the Athlete girl outfit.

However....

In real life if I were the guy I would go with the athlete. It's easier to move in, and looks stylish.

If I were a girl (<that's something you don't hear a guy say every day!) I would go with the regular outfit, because it's much cuter. The athlete is baggy, but the regular is very cute.

prsonic

Here so WHAT???
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    Is it just me or did Ethan's Hair change in the Pokeathon outfit.

I like the Standard.

Last edited:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I gotta say, I'd go with the normal attire. I couldn't see the athlete clothes being trekked in by a Pokemon Champion.

Back