• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Band I Just Joined (Opening for Black Dahlia and Goat*****)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    That's some pretty decent drumming there, the drumming is the highlight of the band, imo. Lead guitarist isn't bad either though.

The lead vocalist sounds like he is attempting to regurgitate his breakfast though, sorry, it has to be said.
    Although as far as I can tell, that's just the accepted form of "singing" in metal, iuno, I hardly listen to that genre.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bah it depends on your taste (singer wise), but umm, the singer is way hevier than the instrumentals, why is that?
    That is very off putting, also it's very slow, it should be sped up a little. But fairly basic stuff here, needs work. However good production.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I personally like it, to a point. It's nothing I haven't heard before, really, tbh, though.
    The vocalist is good, but his mids kind of frail out at times, though.

Imo, it would be better if the guitar and drums were more technical, but overall it's not bad at all. Again, more originality added to it would be a plus.

and, btw, I sent a MySpace add. ;)

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • As a fan of metal, I might as well throw my opinion here.

The music is... decent. The vocals are great; they actually remind me of Dark Tranquillity, 'cept a tad deeper, and that's a good thing since I'm comparing you to a melodic death metal band. Drums are okay, but I really think the lead guitarist should pick it up. Listening to some songs, the riffs are good, it gets boring after a while, so it would be nice to hear some guitar licks and solos after a while if you're going to keep up with the metal genre.

I'm not hearing it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if your guitarist doesn't know the sweeping technique, he definitely should. It's hard, but practice makes perfect... it'll, for sure, spice up your sound. You guys are off to a great start even though you sound pretty average.

Back