• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Battle Chateau Conspiracy

darkwaters93

Ninja Vaporeon
Years
  • CAUTION: BEFORE READING PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE MIGHT BE SMALL SPOILERS TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT BEATEN THE GAME YET.

Alright guys, I have been playing X and Y ever since they came out, and I think there is something definitely wrong with the Battle Chateau. At a first glance, it seems to just be a friendly place where you can level up and train your Pokemon, with the added benefit of some profit and the occasional prize item. However, I feel that there is much more to it than just that, and I have found in-game evidence to support my theory. I am not sure what it is yet, but I just know there is something wrong...

Evidence:
    Spoiler:

So far, I have thought of three theories of what might explain these occurrences.

Spoiler:

Anyway, let me know what you think of all this and use this thread to share any theories you might have. But please, do not make any negative posts...

Reactions: Sun

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • Pretty sure that the butler and maid at the entrance are simply grumpy because you didn't tip them. I mean, the Champion is bound to have piles of money flowing out of their pockets, amirite? :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I honestly didn't read that much into these, especially the "robot" maid. I thought it was just something funny, maybe her taking battling a little too seriously. Definitely would be interesting if there was a hidden secret about the place.

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • yes but i think they also remain silent when you do tip them. plus, no one else in the game reacts that way when you don't tip them.

That's false. Tip them and they go out of their way to praise you. Especially if you tip 1000. (Which I always do since I'm sitting on like 4 million from the Battle Chateau.)

Reactions: Sun

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I haven't really played with the Battle Chateau that much. Once I found out I had to pay in order to make stronger trainers appear, I thought "nah, if I want quick experience I can just go to restaurant Le Wow, beat up a bunch of waiters and sell their mushrooms to get my money back". Boy, that came out wrong!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have to agree that there is something about the place, mainly the butler. I don't know about the maid though, I just figured she was playing around.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    NPCs always had silly dialogues; this isn't new. d: Whatever random NPCs say, take it with a grain of salt. There were more important characters in the Chateau, though, such as Grant, Viola, and Malva. If they said something nonsensical, then maybe that would've been something to speculate about. Pokémon X and Y have been out for three weeks now, almost a month. If there were any hidden secrets at the Battle Chateau (or at any other place, for that matter), don't 'cha think people would've been able to find out about them already? Haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think that Butler with the master may work for Malva, as she does have butlers (as seen with the guy who appears at Looker's place), plus she was a member Team Flare, and says she wants to burn the player...

Back