• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Battle Frontier!

Armand

The Wild Eagle
Years
  • Battle factory has a suspense factor within it, coz you'll always wonder, did I pick the right team for the challenge?!!!

But other than that, Battle Tower has been my Ultimate destination, I got my first gold there, got humiliated for the first time there, reached 100 victories (after more than 300 hours) and been rewarded with the most BP's there

In Battle Tower, It's you, your strategy and your well raised team,that's an addictive challenge that I couldn't refuse before, won't refuse anytime soon (as I still play Emerald till now, at least on a weekly basis, and reset the game after getting the gold card every time).

BTW, Battle Arena is interesting, along with Battle Palace.

in the first one, you have to sweep the opponent pokemon in no more than 3 straight moves, and if you can't, both pokemons performances are judged according to skill, HP and mentality.

In the Palace, you just send your pokemon to the Unknown, you have no control on the moves used, and if the nature and raising of the pokemon were good, you'll do fine, if they aren't, cross your fingers, bite your nails, and be prepared for a heart-break ^_^

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • Well, you know, I'm not terribly good at competitive battling, so the Battle Factory was never a good one for me, since I had no clue how to use the Pokemon provided to me. I do remember playing it a lot as a kid, though, since I didn't have to use my own Pokemon... Naturally, I never even made it to the silver Brain.

My favorite as a kid, however, has always been the Battle Dome... Mainly because I loved the tournament feel of it, and I loved seeing my own tourney card, and how the game rates my battle style. XD I always tried to beat Tucker, but I could never get past the silver battle.

As an adult, I actually really love the Battle Arena and Pyramid, and I had been working on those just last year. :)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    My favorite is the Battle Factory (more specifically open level, double battle) because it helped me become better at battling, using pokemon I've never used before, its like the bomb diggity. That's what I play now when I'm bored and have my iPad with me (jailbroken).

My least favorite is the Battle Palace (I believe its called, it's the one with Spencer). Allowing pokemon to move on their one does not work out for me.. Sometimes they don't move, or are stupid enough to use flamethrower on something like a Kingdra.

The battle pyramid is eh for me. It sucks to finally reach Brandon only to see that he has 3 legendaries... not fun, especially because they're super duper defensive.

The battle arena I really like because its fun and a bit challenging. You only have three turns, and if you get statused you're screwed xD

I never payed much attention to the battle dome, it never caught my interest but when I do go in there it's not that bad.

The battle pike is awesome, it's all about luck and looking at Lucy's team on Bulbapedia. If there's one thing that really pisses me off about it is the old guy's timid Dusclops or Kirlia that always statuses you and all he does is apologize but later you walk into a door and he heals two of your pokemon..

The battle tower is pretty cool too. It's also really fun giving someone terrible advice and then fighting them later >:D

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
    Years
  • The Battle Frontier is so hard. I really wonder if anyone has actually gotten all the symbols. I've only got 2, Battle Pike and Battle Palace. What really irritates me is the way they impose the level restrictions. Oh, so your trusty Dragonite is level 80, your wallin Snorlax is level 50, and your amazing sweepin Light Ball Pikachu is level 40... WELL, TOO BAD FOR YOU!!! Everything you fight will be level 80! Soooooo glad they fixed this in D/P/Pt. Anyway, my favorite place was the Battle Pyramid. It's so fun to explore, but I'd literally throw and break my gameboy if I find a shiny Pokemon in it.

I never found the Battle Palace to be that hard. If you use wall Pokemon like Snorlax, they can just use Toxic and Rest and just outstall everything. My Salamence actually does quite well. He seems to have a good mind of his own and knows what moves to use. I think natures apply to it as well. For the Battle Pike, I just always went for the "wave of nostalgia" and the wild pokemon when I could.

Last edited:
    Back