• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Battle Frontier!

Years
  • P970nDR.png

Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver featured a Battle Frontier where you could take on five facilities (Battle Tower, Battle Castle, Battle Arcade, Battle Factory, and Battle Hall), each with different rules. Of these facilities, which was your favorite? Which was your least favorite? How many prints have you collected? Do you have any interesting stories to share? What would you change about the Battle Frontier?​

Years
  • In both my main Platinum and Heart Gold (before I nuked the save on the latter), I got all five Silver Symbols, but never any of the gold ones, sadly. My personal favorite of the facilities was the Battle Arcade, that roulette was always fun because you could try to slam your opponent with status or weather before the battle even begins, which I liked. My least favorite i'd say was the Battle Factory (I like them all, but I just cared the least about the randomized Pokémon you were given).

So yeah, I really enjoyed this Battle Frontier. I know I will get so much hate for this, but I like it more than Emerald's. So there.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • I managed to get all five Silver Symbols, similar to Stargazer above, but never managed to get any of the Gold Symbols, unfortunately. My favourite facility had to be the Battle Factory, seeing as I love receiving Pokémon at random and then analysing their moveset before heading into battle. I can't say that I can choose a least favourite because the Battle Frontier overall was a fantastic addition to the game.

ShiningHelioptile

Powered by Netflix
    Years
  • Ahhh, I loved this. The randomness of Battle Factory, Battle Arcade's roulette, all of it. All of them were really fun to me tbh. My favorites were Battle Hall, Arcade, and Factory. I loved getting Pokemon I never received, the effects you would get in Arcade, and choosing what type to face in Hall.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I only ever played the Battle Factory, Arcade and Tower...I wasn't too good on the others x( I absolutely loved how random the Battle Factory's rentals can be, and how the tides can quickly turn at the Battle Arcade. Palmer was a tough battle in his facility, so I worked really hard to reach him. Unfortunately, Rhyperior's much too strong for me. :x

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I have one silver print. I got it yesterday in HeartGold, after defeating Argenta's Metagross with my Gyarados. Not a special Gyarados, just the one I had in my in-game team.

Argenta actually wasted a turn by making Metagross use Light Screen. If she made it attack right away, I would have lost for sure.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I disliked this Battle Frontier as a whole compared to Emerald's Frontier, and I wouldn't hear from anyone who says this one is better.

However, I loved the Battle Tower music carried over from DP, and the Arcade and the one where you pick the type of pokémon were novel ideas I liked, particularly the latter - I made the mistake of picking easy battles first on many of my favourite pokémon. Castle seemed to be an inferior Pyramid to be honest, and Battle Factory...well, I never liked the original but Nolan is cooler than that nerd guy.

Despite my negativity, I was glad when they decided to bring back Battle Frontier, as it was sorely missed in DP, but the progression from Tower to Frontier had nice symmetry with Gen III.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I liked the Battle Hall and Battle Castle the most out of the Sinnoh facilities. What I didn't like, though, is how there were so many little events that happened in between battles that it became.. less fun and more of a drag to participate in them, especially because the Battle Hall started you out with battling not-fully-evolved Pokemon so it wasn't even a challenge. They were well-designed facilities with cool ideas, though. I'm probably just a little too impatient.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I really loved the Battle Arcade all the way up until it started to really cheat and wipe my team out with a Dewgong/Walrein pair that Sheer Colded everything without fail >.<

Other than that, I always enjoyed going through the Battle Factory because it gave me the chance to use Pokemon I'd never even consider raising.

Years
  • Inferior to RSE frontier. I still played it and enjoyed it, but nearly as much as the Hoenn games. Maybe keep the new brains but mix it in the Hoenn's brains as well to create a mega Frontier. That would be pretty cool!

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • I love the battle frontier!! haha especially the battle arcade i thought it was the easiest but coolest out of all of them imo (: .. i managed to get all 4 silver symbols!!! that thornton guy (factory head) was really annoying haha it was really hard :o

Back