• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Battle Subway!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
  • So, Black and White has the Battle Subway this generation.
    Serving like the Battle Frontier of this Gen, you can travel on many different Subways, from Wi-fi to regular single battles. Like the Battle Frontier, you battle in the subway you choose, as long as possible, until you lose. However, each round is 7 battles, and each round, the trainers get stronger and stronger.Until they just use Ubers You fight seven trainers, you stop. Then, you can go back to Nimbasa City, or continue your challenge. For each round you win, you get 3BP, and with that BP, you can get many items like Vitamins, TMs, Power items, and more.

So what do you think of the Battle Subway this Gen?
    What is your favorite Subway?
    Would you have preferred the Battle Frontier rather than this?

Discuss~

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Yes, I would REALLY have preferred the Battle Frontier. I find it much more interesting. Just non-stop battles that don't even give you any exp. isn't very interesting for me...ah well. I played the Multi Train just to see the male protagonist. ^^ (I dislike his official name, but...:/)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I actually haven't tried it yet. I'll look it up on serebii then make a team. Any suggestions.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I am currently in the battle sub doing doubles in the Red Line Sub. I want to save 48 bp to buy a Scope Lens to use when i battle the E4 ^.^

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I haven't even tried it yet I've been doing Random Match-up Triple battles for the past few days. I will probably do it eventually to get some BP for the TMs.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's just as fun as the Battle Frontier was, for me at least. The AI is still just as cheap as it was before too. I **** you not, almost every time an opponent used, for example, Dark Pulse or Rock Slide... I flinched. So frustrating, because it doesn't just happen once, but maybe two or three times! Ridiculous I say.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • It's just as fun as the Battle Frontier was, for me at least. The AI is still just as cheap as it was before too. I **** you not, almost every time an opponent used, for example, Dark Pulse or Rock Slide... I flinched. So frustrating, because it doesn't just happen once, but maybe two or three times! Ridiculous I say.

Ya, it can get a bit out of hand. I got pretty far into the super single train, and wound up losing to sheer cold hitting 3 times in a row. Totally ridiculous.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • I've only tried the subway once... did a series of double battles, smashed the first six but the seventh one had a Blitzle and a Herdier that liked to do an infuriating mix of Thunder Wave and Take Down. FFFFFFFFFFFF

(needless to say I lost the 7th battle)

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I like the Battle Subway... somewhat. It's a Battle Tower clone, but more enjoyable than the Battle Tower since battles run faster and animate better, and the NPCs seem to be more challenging. I do miss the Frontier a lot, though; I would've even taken Platinum's Frontier again.

King Gumball

Years
  • Urrghh why only three bp per 7 defeats >.> How annoying.... Anyway I lost on my 16th consecutive battle against a beastly Bouffalant and Crustle. Crustle had a Quick Claw and attacked first, killing my Archeops in one hit with... ROCK WRECKER ;_; and they ended up owning my team with these powerhouse moves, and all my moves missed.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I love it. It's very fast and you actually earn 3 Points of one round. ^^ I also find it great that your Pokemon automatically go to Lv. 50 so you don't have to train them.
    My favourite train is Double Train, it's growing on me since I chose it as my first course.
    I'm experimenting with teams right now.

King Gumball

Years
  • I love it. It's very fast and you actually earn 3 Points of one round. ^^ I also find it great that your Pokemon automatically go to Lv. 50 so you don't have to train them.
    My favourite train is Double Train, it's growing on me since I chose it as my first course.
    I'm experimenting with teams right now.

But three point for one whole round is sooooo little. 16 round to buy a 48 point item ); That will take a long time.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • I miss the battle factory..Subways are good but i miss the excitement factory provided

Years
  • I have to say I liked the battle frontier better. All these npc's with flinching and one-hit-ko attacks hitting all the time.....I just can't take it. Although sludge wave or whatever is a tm that I really want....

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • I think it's a good way to test your own teams, and to get familiar with Pokemon you use.

Though I think 7 battles each round is a bit much....I would prefer if it is like 5 battles or something

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I prefer the Battle Subway to the Battle Tower as it is more unique than just a tower. :L Also, I love how they remixed the Battle Tower music. :D Nostalgia moment~ :3

On the other hand, I prefer the Battle Frontier, simply because there is more variety. I just hope if there is a third game that they put in a Battle Frontier-type place.

Years
  • So what do you think of the Battle Subway this Gen?
    I like the battle subway! It is really really cool.
    What is your favorite Subway?
    I like it when you can team up with Hilbert and Hilda. It is really fun to do.
    Would you have preferred the Battle Frontier rather than this?
    No I like the subway, it is just as fun.

Years
  • But three point for one whole round is sooooo little. 16 round to buy a 48 point item ); That will take a long time.
    When I play on the doubles subway (the only one I really care for) if I make it to the 21st battle and win I end up with 3 BP for the first 7 matches, 3 more BP for the next 7 matches, and 10 BP for beating the Subway Master on battle #21. So all together I get 16 BP. If I'm lucky enough I could get 48 in just three tries. The whole system still takes too long for my tastes, but when I realized I could save some time this way I decided not to give up on it as quickly as I did for the Battle Frontier.

Back