• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Beginning Letter Challenge

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2018
    BlueHighWind, you get the letter A.

I'll do this challenge on a Sinnoh game, probably Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    You get the letter C boomer.

I want to play Soulsilver, buuuttt I dont want to continue after elite 4, its just tooboring, really.

if that's not acceptable, then I'm going in with Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2018
    Alright I'll start Pearl with the letter C.

Going to use 5 Pokemon:
    Crawdaunt
    Crobat
    Camerupt
    Charizard
    Claydol

As for Charmander/Baltoy/Corfish, as they are unobtainable pre-N'dex, I will obtain them by trading in eggs. Zubat and Numel will be caught in game.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I'll do this with FireRed
    Somebody give me a letter!

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • PatJamma, you get ...

" D "

I'll be playing on Emerald. A letter please.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    SooperTrooper, you get the letter E
    Please give me a letter, I'll probably be playing on Soul Silver, but to beat this one, you have to beat Red, correct?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I'd like to join. I will play Blue version on an emulator. XBA, you get a T.

BTW, I have a question. What if your letter doesn't work with any of the starters? For example, if you're playing Gold/Silver/Crystal, and you get an S? Then you won't be able to leave New Bark Town because your starter violates the rules.

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • SooperTrooper, you get the letter E
    Please give me a letter, I'll probably be playing on Soul Silver, but to beat this one, you have to beat Red, correct?

Thanks. You don't have to beat Red, he's just a challenge after you do beat the game. Beat the Elite Four + Champion and you beat the game [ excluding completing the Pokedex ]

Deliciousfruit233 said:
    BTW, I have a question. What if your letter doesn't work with any of the starters? For example, if you're playing Gold/Silver/Crystal, and you get an S? Then you won't be able to leave New Bark Town because your starter violates the rules.

I think this is the only time when you're allowed to cheat, I could be wrong so check with the thread owner,but once you receive your starter, I think you're allowed to cheat and substitute that starter with another Pokemon with your letter. A fair one, obviously.

So, if you're playing Emerald and you chose Treecko, but your letter is V, then you can make it so that a Vulpix appears in the wild, catch it, then release Treecko and have Vulpix as your 'starter'.

But remember, since you'll be playing Blue version, If you get a V then you can pick Bulbasaur because Bulbasaur > Ivysaur > Venasaur.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Okay, I'm all set. May I have a letter? I'll probably just update my progress by editing this post over and over again.

Edit: Thanks for the letter, Jdthebud. I'm ready to start.

For a Starter, I'll pick Charmander. Oh god... I just realized, this early game is gonna be hell with only a Kakuna. So anyways, I'm speeding through the early game stuff. The first pokemon I'm gonna catch is a Weedle, and I'm going to evolve it into a Kakuna. Which I'll probably ditch when I get my 2nd team member.

Edit: I have now caught Weedle and evolved it into Kakuna.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Yay, new challenge! By the way, would it be possible to do an Ultimate run? Not sure if I will, but the possibility intrigues me...
    And I might not do it for a while since I have other challenges and RL is fast approaching.

Someone give me a letter plz :D.

And DeliciousFruit, your letter is....
    Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Sweet. I'm still thinking about an Ultimate challenge, but for now I will just go with Blue.

Team will be Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Ninetales.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Okay, I'll be doing this for Ruby. Letter plz.

coolking, you get a M.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Sweet. I'm still thinking about an Ultimate challenge, but for now I will just go with Blue.

Team will be Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Ninetales.

Okay, here we go. Deets and screenshots in the spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

Team Ned:

Flare (Vulpix) - L18
    Moves: Quick Attack, Ember, Tail Whip

Rex (Nidoking) - L34
    Moves: Horn Attack, Focus Energy, Leer, Thrash

Regina (Nidorina) - L37
    Moves: Body Slam, Bite, Thunderbolt, Bubblebeam

And 3 slaves - Dux (Farfectch'd) with Cut, Fairy (Clefairy) with Flash and Teleport, and Digger (Diglett) with Dig.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Okay, since I have an S, I'll be using Sceptile, Swellow, Sharpedo, and Swalot. (plus 2 HM slaves)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • M huh? I guess Im starting out with my metapod then.

projected team for yellow:

Machoke
    Magneton
    Muk
    Marawok
    Moltres or Mew if its allowed. Nah, I'll probably stick with moltres.
    mankey or meowth, mostly as death fodder during the e4.

Other pokemon I will probably carry for a while though in the end wont use:
    metapod (ouch)
    Magikarp
    mankey
    meowth

I'll probably grab some HM slaves while Im at it. I'll keep you guys updated.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Sign me up, I am starting on the weekend, like friday or something. I will be using my HeartGold. ingame name : theodore.

Edit: forgot to give a latter ( if anyone needs one anyways ) I will give hmmm .... L

Back