• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Bells Are Singing!" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss a trio of Chingling and their magic act in "The Bells Are Singing!"

My review to come forthwith.

I'll be on/off for the next several weeks, so be good, people. Heh.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • I thought this episode was still annoying episode for me but, at least this Dub was a bit better. Now for review.

- I still hate those Chinglings, I rather have a robot Chingling from Team Rocket XD
    - Finally, we get to know Ash's Gligar Attacks :D
    - Jessie was the best singer out of James and Meowth XD
    - Meowth needs to work on his Team Rocket singing XD
    - Poor James, he deserves a Chingling >:(
    - That's gotta be one strong Pound from Happiny XD
    - If I were the Boss, I would keep yelling to those Chinglings to "SHUT UP!!!!!" XD
    So I give this a 6/10

Last edited:
    Years
  • It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Chinglings=Annoying :/ A pretty funny Team Rocket cameo this time

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • Not a bad filler episode, I actually throught the Clinglings were kinda cute.

-Aww, those Clinglings are so cute!
    -Cling Cling! Cling ling ling! Clingling! Cling! Ling! Ling! :/
    -Finally James mentions his Climecho!
    -Jessie's singing is rather pretty....
    -LOL
    -Finally some Gligar screentime!!
    -Gligar's so cute!!
    -Yeah can't wait til it evolves in the Dub version
    -The Riolu 2 part arc is next week :)
    -With Pokemon Hunter J as well :)
    -Clingling is sooooo annoying!
    -LOL @ Brock

Episode Rating: 7/10 Not bad, but could have been better. I think the real highlight was Gligar, James mentioning Chimecho, and the Robot Clingling lol.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Meh episode. I liked it because of Team Rocket. Looking through my comments, the silence is also interesting...heh. There are also random bits of silence for 2-3 secs that I haven't noted. I thought I was near the end of the episode by the second part...then I found I had 6 more mins to go

- Dawn: "Ash Ketchum!!" Wow, no-one's said that to him in..ages.
    - Wow, Happiny's out
    - lol Pikachu's outfit in that book was the worst of all XD It looked like a bib
    - Hmm there was silence when Gligar fell on Ash...and when it went back in the Pokeball...I suppose I got my hopes up
    - More silence when the 3 Chigling are singing. Are they giving silence to us in small doses?
    - The Pidgey sounded better tan the Chingling XD
    - Silence for another small moment for 10 seconds
    - LOL Jessie and the tablecloth XD James and Meowth's faces...priceless XD
    - When Giovanni was going on about having a meal, I honestly thought he was supposed to be eating Chingling XD "Nothing goes better with a meal than some de-licious Chingling!" XD
    - More random silence for about 3 seconds when they're zooming to the Dawn-side of the battle pitch
    - Oh yeah, Buneary's out!
    - That Chingling is cute
    -Oh LOL seriiously, how long has it been since the twerps fell into a whole by Team Rocket!? I know TR were digging in hole in DP24ish but they're shovels got stuck in Steelix XD
    - Oh lol new animeation for the motto? I can't rememebr them flying around the world...I remember their faces being bigger than the world. not flying around though
    - Seriously, they blast off after falling!? Only on Pokemon...
    - More silence when they're back to watch her for about 20 seoncs
    - AWW JAMES! Aww, he is so cute

Quotes

Meowth: We're not so bad, we only took one
    Ash: That's one too many!
    - I thought that was funny XD

James: This net's thicker than your heads
    - LOL with James laughing just before, it just made it seem funny. And the sing-songy way he said it

James: We're blasting off
    Jessie: We're blasting off
    Meowth: We're blasting off
    All: We're blasting off
    Dawn: You're flat!

Mecha Chingling: CHIIIIIING!
    - LOL!

Movie 4 piece (I'm sure it is, but I haven't listened to that soundtrack much)
    Movie 6 piece (can't remember the name either, but I really like it) - When the magician starts doing tricks
    Team Rocket sneaking
    Sinnoh Team Rocket Motto Theme
    Dramatic sad music when James is...sad
    DP Gym Battle
    The Chinling/Mime Jr scene, I'm unsure about
    DP Guitarist Encounter - Mime Jr uses Teeter Dance

Edit: Just looked on bmgf and they've got the same, so I'm right and the one I was unsure of

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Okies!!! Team Rocket really saved this episode!!! I mean I was going into this episode not really expecting much. I mean my expectations for this episode was kinda really low. The idea of just a fillar episode after such great episodes in Veilstone City was kinda lame and the worse part was that it was right before a series of good episodes considering what the next four episodes were about, okies I guess two since it seems like two of those four is going to be shown later in the year. Still just the Team Rocket factor made this episode something great to hold us in till the next episode.

Team Rocket really just made this episode worth watching. Everything they did juts made this episode funny and it kept me there paying attention. I was actually kinda just bored seeing Ash and friends helping the magican with her Chingling problem. I mean I guess they are kinda cute but really. I just think they are ugly overall. Still Team Rocket oh so much was done here that really if they lessen or just took out Team Rocket to do what they regularly do then this episode would have been REALLY lame.

Teeheehee I was so laughting when Jessie thought that tablecloth was really magic and could make pokemon appeared. Now that was REALLY funny. It way took me back to the olden days of pokemon. Teeheehee I mean back in the days when Jessie would do flashbacks to her past. I knwo she didn't do that but really it had that feeling.

Then the pithole!!!! I so love those!!!

Lastly, the icing on the cake!!! James wanting a Chingling so he can take it back to his Chimicho!!! Now that is really cute!!!! SU!!!

Overall!!! It was very good for a fillar just because of Team Rocket. If anybody ever thinks that Team Rocket needs to be taken out of the show then PLEASE direct them to this episode to prove how important they are to the show because really they are just this important!!!

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • o god make the chingling stop .. uggh

I didnt like this episode. The best part was the metal chingling's voice. Other then that it was just plain annoying. Bunerys voice sounded a little weird too.

Years
  • This episode was okay. The Chinglings were starting to get annoying after a few repetitions of their song/act. I LOL'd at the fake Chingling's voice.

Years
  • I thought the Chingling were very cute and since they only had a one off appearance, their singing didn't bother me that much. Surely James' Chimecho is all better now so why doesn't he call his Nana & Pop pop and ask for it back?

Years
  • I thought the Chingling were very cute and since they only had a one off appearance, their singing didn't bother me that much. Surely James' Chimecho is all better now so why doesn't he call his Nana & Pop pop and ask for it back?

Serious tone: Yeah, that quite bugged me about the episode. Obviously, much time had elapsed, why not write or contact them?

Facetious tone: How dare you evoke common sense to the plotlines and motivations? You'll burn by the fires of the writers! Muwhaha!

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    The episode was interesting, very much a filler in my book, but the Chinglings were kind of pointless, the girls problem seemed pointless, I would of much preferred an episode about Dawn designing outfits for her Pokemon and thats saying something.

+
    -The jokes about TR's singing actually made me LOL
    -Dawn's "Ash Ketchum!" line was a blast from the past :D
    -James remembering his Chimecho

-
    -Oh, another good looking girl for Brock, I swear theres been alot in D/P
    -James not remembering his Chimecho until the 3rd act was annoying

Back