• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Best Defense is a Good Offense" [Steel-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • @Cloyster
    I think the weakness removal was to take down Jirachi, Metagross, and Bronzong easier.
    But really any good trainer can take care of Bronzong, and Metagross. Jirachi depends on what variant it is.
    Jirachis can be anything Physical Offensive, Special (SubMind), etc.

But I don't think it is fair to other steel types to get shafted like that. Especially Honedge.
    tRKFWYo.gif

I felt like using the shiny Crystal (game) sprite for the animated section.

I just read your post Ozzy. (Dang these tabs I open too many.)
    I choose Escallade because I really like the mole :3
    And Tacobelle, because I do use Bronzongs sometimes.
    Real truth to why I picked Bronzong is because I wasn't going to pick anybody else. My other choices were Shiny Aron, Registeel, Dialga, Jirachi, but I didn't want to be paired with a (true) legendary. (On the fighting thread I'm paired with FightingQueen (Meloetta) A pokemon I don't consider to be legendary.)
    Honedge another choice of mine :3
    ------------------
    @My team missing Tacobelle.
    It would've served a role very close to skarmory's but with EQ, and Zen Headbutt. And he wouldn't be able to hold the helmet and the only healing move he has is rest.
    (that helmet comes in handy when BraveBirding a fast physical opponent)
    ------------------
    I watched Steelix dance too o-o
    ------------------
    7IlRY6Y.gif

Every steel type from gen II has a sig.... but Scizor
    Gen III steels, Gen I Steels, Gen IV & V have to be made

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Welcome to the club everyone who has joined as of late! Gonna agree as well with what some others have said earlier about Steel types being poor Special Attackers. I am a much bigger fan of special attackers as opposed to physical attackers which is why I would love to see more special attacking Steels. We have Genesect and Magnezone, but that is really it. Hopefully X&Y will bring is some more along with some better special attacking Steel STAB because we certainly lack that as well.

Also, Seattle, I am jellicentfan1 but changed accounts. Just posting this so you can update the OP :D

Years
  • Skulle welcome to the club, right now we are discussing what we like least about the steel types.

@Jelli Heatran is a steel type that specializes in special attacks.

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
    Years
  • Username/Nickname: DER call me Luna
    Partner(s) - You can pick up to 2 different Partners from the list below:
    Empoleon- Trident
    Bronzong- Bling-Bell
    What made you join this club? I like steel pokemon my 6th favorite pokemon type
    What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon? Empoleon or Bronzong

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    Username/Nickname: Dxnatta / Bob
    Partner(s) - You can pick up to 2 different Partners from the list below: Magneton
    What made you join this club? I like steel
    What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon? Magneton

Years
  • Username/Nickname: Cirno
    Partner(s):
    mawile.png
    skarmory.png

What made you join this club?: Like others, I really like steel Pokemon. Even though I don't use them much (as there aren't too many in the games) they're great for defense and can be pretty beasty at offenses. Aggron was my prized steel type in Sapphire even though I did make the mistake of teaching him all special attack moves as a kid. :D;

What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon?
    A tie between Mawile and Skarmory, I think. Mawile is very forgettable but the design is really cute. I'm glad he'll be getting a mega evolution in the coming games as the poor guy definitely deserves the spotlight. Skarmory is great too.. who doesn't love a steel bird? It's nice for competitive battling especially with Spikes in its arsenal.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Fading Tree your userbars look incredible; I'm impressed. If I wasn't doing a collab right now I'd be using one haha.

So Bronzong and Metagross - any hope left for them with the new changes to Steel-types in Gen VI? They're now weak to Ghost and Dark, but they did gain a resistance to the prancing fairies that're coming our way. I can see it going one of two ways; either they'll stay pretty much the same due to a surplus of Fairy-type moves, or they'll just slowly fall down the ranks until we finally see our first pseudo-legendary Pokémon in the UU tier.

Years
  • Fading Tree your userbars look incredible; I'm impressed. If I wasn't doing a collab right now I'd be using one haha.

So Bronzong and Metagross - any hope left for them with the new changes to Steel-types in Gen VI? They're now weak to Ghost and Dark, but they did gain a resistance to the prancing fairies that're coming our way. I can see it going one of two ways; either they'll stay pretty much the same due to a surplus of Fairy-type moves, or they'll just slowly fall down the ranks until we finally see our first pseudo-legendary Pokémon in the UU tier.
    I'm a semi-competitive battler. Christ first everything else second.

Bronzong will pretty much stay UU since it will still be a good defensive wall. The resistance lost is unfair for Bronzong, but I think it was needed for Jirachi seeing how much of a monster it can be. As for Metagross. He could move down to BL, but I bet we will also see some people arguing to keep him OU.

Off topic: Fairy, how does it kill fighting types?
    I'm excited for Honedge (Doublade) Sadly it is weak to ghost attacks, but immune to fighting attacks. What type got shafted the most? Steel, of Fighting?

Years
  • Whew, glad to see this club being active while I was busy focusing on other stuff. Welcome to our new club members: Skulle, DarkEmeraldRarity, Dxnatta, and Cirno!

Alright, new topic for a new month - What's your favorite generation of steel types?

Reminder: I'm currently looking forward to having another co-owner in this club. So impress me. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Whew, glad to see this club being active while I was busy focusing on other stuff. Welcome to our new club members: Skulle, DarkEmeraldRarity, Dxnatta, and Cirno!

Alright, new topic for a new month - What's your favorite generation of steel types?

Reminder: I'm currently looking forward to having another co-owner in this club. So impress me. :)
    I started to like steels in 3rd gen with Beldum. I breed a metagross with a Ditto, and raised another Beldom to a Metagross with the love I had for the bro. So I had two metagross.

In forth gen I didn't do much with steel types. I caught a heatran, raised another Metang. I gave my prinpulp to Jasmine (Pink Shellos) Gastrodon had my heart.

In 5th gen when I found Escallade I was like finally there are enough steel pokemon to build a decent team! Klinkkang, Magemite, Empoleon, Excadrill, Jirachi, Lucario.
    Skarms is really good defensively I learned. So :3
    So yay 5th Gen.. also I forgot The Jawn Iron Barbs, Ferroseed which changed the OU Metagame to use HP Fire.
    #Dialga is <3
    #I'm Upset that Magezone doesn't have Levitate.
    #The Steel Killa

Years
  • What's your favorite generation of steel types?

Hmmm!! Ahh I want to say third generation since it introduced Mawile, the Beldum line, and Jirachi, but second wasn't too bad as well. Skarmory and Scizor were among some of my favorite steels and Forretress makes for a great Spikes/SR/RS user in competitive battling. ^^ I'd say it's a tie between second and third. :o

Years
  • Mawile becomes the best defensive Pokemon as of 6th Gen Steel Fairy has such amazing defensive typing.

Mawile is my favorite fairy :], 4th favorite steel. Ferrothorn getting all the love? Fortress is awesome too! he can spikes, rocks, spin, and volt switch.
    though t-wave is probably better.

Years
  • I have to say, steel/fairy is a great typing because steel type nullifies one of fairy's weaknesses and neutralizes the other. Fairy also neutralizes Steel's weakness to fighting. We'll just have to see how useful Mega Mawile is going to be outside of that type combination.

Years
  • So Sad That No One has an opinion of this :(
    Is it possible for this typing of Steel Fairy to be offensive?
    Iron Head, Physical Fairy. Choice Scarf

Mega-Mawile. No Scarfs for Mega Evolutions. While it may look good i notice a lot of these steel fairys look like they have the stats of a Sableye. Honedge is still looking fine :]

Rainecho

-Music is My Life-
    Years
  • Looks cool. I think I'm hardened enough to steel with it.

Username/Nickname: Rainecho (or Rainie for short)
    Partner(s): Genesect
    What made you join this club?
    Well it's that I really like Steel-type Pokemon. They're sturdy, hard and hardly able to be hugged. Yeah I don't really like hugging Pokemon, so they're my favorites! I like my teams to be based on defense and the best way is to use Steel-types! By all that, I wanted to join a cool-looking Steel-type club like this one!

What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon?
    Genesect! It is used a lot and it usually reminds me of Scizor and I wonder why it's not like its evolution. What I like about Genesect is that it can hold drivers to change the type of its attack, which I currently don't remember the name, which kind of works like Hidden Power, but it is not...which that means that it can have both Hidden Power and that move! Kind of getting you confused, right? >_> It's just that awesome!

Years
  • Welcome to the club, Rainecho :)

And yeah, sad to see the activity dwindling down in this club, though I guess I can't really blame anybody.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Aww, I'm so sad to see this group hasn't been active, but I looove the steel type! It's my favorite. They're so cool. I always have at least one steel type in my team. Such strong defenses, and they can hit hard. May I join the club? :)

Username/Nickname: zomgitscathy
    Partner(s): Mawile and Magnemite (call me crazy but for some reason I've always found magnemite cute)
    What made you join this club? I love the steel type!
    What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon? Mawile (my favorite Pokemon period, so naturally my favorite steel type).

My favorite steel type move: Iron Defense. As if they weren't already solid enough...iron defense turns them into fortresses :D

My favorite generation for steel type: Generation 2, when I first fell in love with the type, and at that time they were a novelty--pretty rare, and their defensive capabilities really caught people off guard.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I hear that Steel is no longer resistant to Ghost or Psychic attacks. Way to weaken the Steel-type even further. It goes gain an advantage over Fairy-types, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset.

Here is some cold hard Steel for your evening:

Pok%C3%A8mon+X+&+Y+Honedge+-+Doublade+-+Aegislash.jpg
    250px-707Klefki_Dream.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back