• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The best games ever

Gold and Silver:Best ever

• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
  • OMG, I really don´t like Gold/Silver.
    I´ve only finished it 2 times (the other ones, except by FR/LG, at least 3-4 times).
    I like the baby-Pokémon, the berries and the berrie-balls. Oh, and the 2nd generation pokémon^^.
    But i think these are the worst editions ever.
    I like Red and blue most (but NOT yellow).
    And Colloseum is great^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Best evah!

I think that they are THE best because they came out at the pinicle of gaming and still managed to dominate. They introduced new plot twists, the day and night feature, the fact that you could go back to kanto.....it just seemed so great. Now I know lots of people say there would be nothing to gain from a remake, but I think there is. People that didn't have a chance to play these great games before would now have a chance...and they could make more pokemon avaliable. So GameFreak and Nintendo.......DS remake please??

thepog

Wifi Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Gold and silver

They were my favourites. I was 7 when it first came out, I remeber that I couldn't wait to get it for my brithday, And the game was awesome I wish nintendo would hurry up and remake it they said they would bring it out on the DS because of the ds clock :P

Inugami

Years
  • Oh that brings backa lot of memories. G/S/C Were the best. It had a diferent feel to it then it's successors had. Then you can keep up with the amount of pokemon. 2 regions to travel in. I wonder if Nintendo is planning to release a remake, Like they did with R/B. I wonder what hat would be like.

yakusoku

Strawberry Lychee
    Years
  • I think so too because this was the only one that you got to go back to another region [correct me if im wrong o.o]. I really want them to remake it like they did for RG ^^;

Years
  • I never really got into silver/gold...i think the best games ever are the first ones...yellow/blue/red. Although ruby/saphire are good too

Tommy

Crazy Diamond
    Years
  • I enjoyed Ruby and Sapphire, but I really love my Crystal game. Definitely the best.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2007
    I like yellow the best since there is a pikachu that follows you around and its original like your being ash when he first started out

Back