• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Plot

Years
    Which games had the best plot? Did you even enjoy or like any of them in general? What are your thoughts about the games' plot?

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'm pretty biased. Gen 5 is my favourite generation, and I think it does have the best plot with Team Plasma trying to liberate Pokemon from humans, and their reasons behind it; N's unique use of Pokemon - not keeping the same team - as he tries to stand up for his own beliefs; the lore behind Reshiram and Zekrom. Team Plasma and N were really interesting, and seeing how they changed in the sequel was great as they weren't just two-dimensional characters. The same goes for the rivals. Cheren and Bianca are kids starting out like you in the first games, and by the second Bianca is Juniper's assistant and Cheren becomes a gym leader as you take on the role of a completely new character. Then Hugh has his own back story and motives. They're not just flat rivals with a little personality sprinkled on top. Hugh actually helps drive the plot forward.
    N is probably the most interesting character the Pokemon series has introduced, and I find it hard to fault Black/White/2 at all.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I think Platinum had the best plot with the inclusion of the Distortion World :P It was such a cool place and I doubt anyone who's ever played it would ever forget it. Cyrus was a great villain and his battle was one of the hardest to beat in Pokemon games. All in all, the story in Platinum was just great!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    uweeeeeh

Platinum for best overall, ORAS Delta Ep following that, then XY's Looker & Co plot. If only the latter two had had such good stories in the main game!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I liked Black/White's story a lot, couldn't really care about any of the other ones honestly. That's all I've really got to say.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    The first game's.

Though the only games I really didn't like the plots of were Black/White's and X/Y's. The latter didn't make any sense. The former had Team Plasma which flushed a great concept and world-building aspect (how Trainers should release Pokemon because they're hurting them via battling) down the drain for a bunch of evil people being evil... again.

The sequels saved it though with the ex-Plasma grunts like "Hey, you know, we actually though kicking Munna and stealing little kids' pets was achieving something." And N was pretty chill, though I can never see eye-to-eye with a math enthusiast.

And I agree with Gen. 4 being pretty epic with the Dimension World, and Cyrus was intriguing when he wasn't blathering on about stuff in caves and in front of statues.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    I like team Rocket but their plot did feel a bit repetitive in gen 2 with the same hostage situation but I like team Rocket because it felt like an actual criminal organization and committed organized crime. They were bad cause they were bad, they didn't have a lame excuse for their actions, they were like yeah we're evil and we wanna rule and take over the world. Giovanni wanted to make a big criminal empire and was very ambitious, on a villain I liked those qualities and he was sitting right under everyone's nose as the Viridian city gym leader that's kinda genius if you ask me.
    The other teams were a little bigoted and thought what they were doing to be the best thing in the world, I mean I have heard the saying that bad people always think what they were doing as the best thing in the world but that concept got a little repetitive with every game.

Back