• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The best Pokemon in G/S/C?

DarknessConsumes

Silver Pokemon Fan
    Years
    I always liked Lugia, Tyranitar, Blissey, Espeon and Dragonite.
    I used to use Blissey as an all out attacker when i was stupid lol
    Oooh cant forget about Rakou!

Years
    My favorite legend was either Lugia or Raikou. I think Lugia was a little better than Raikou, but oh well :)
    For normal, it would definitely be Typhlosion. It could kick my rival's butt with just Thunderpunch.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    My Feraligatr could beat anything put in it's path. I had the best moveset for it, but of course my copy of Gold doesn't work anymore. :(

I found a copy for my r4, though, so maybe I'll try and find that moveset again.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    For Legendary Pokémon, I have to go with Lugia. It's the only Pokémon who knows Aeroblast! <3

However, as for normal Pokémon, I'll go with Tyranitar. He's a beast, literally

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    My favorite legend would be either Lugia or Suicune but overall my favorite was Cyndaquil

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
    The best Pokemon ever is Chikorita. (:
    Isn't he in the Silver version? Correct
    me if I'm mistaken. xD But he's just too
    cute. For legendaries, I like the 3 birds.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
    I really like Quilava and Tyranitar. It´s a pity that the Quilava-sprite in G/S/C is not as good as in the later versions.
    Btw @Ayesha Chikorita is the grass type starter in G/S/C, so it appeard in each of these games^^

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Hmm... I think I'll split them into categories...

Starter:

The best starter, in my opinion... is pretty hard. Because I really love Water types, but Typhlosion was a really awesome Starter, too. I think I'll leave it as that, since I can't truly decide...

Trade-Evolution:

Kingdra, for sure. It had a wonderfully unique typing and was just generally awesome. I unfortunately never got to have one of my own until D/P, though...

Legendaries:

I'm torn between Suicune and Ho-oh. They are both great legendary Pokemon. I'd say... I'm a little more towards Ho-oh, though. Maybe.

General G/S/C Pokemon:

Espeon, because its an Eeveelution! XD Espeon was a quick and powerful Pokemon; not to mention one of the first ever to take advantage of the time-of-day evolution that was introduced thanks to the day/night feature of G/S/C.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    Hehe I loved my Lugia, but I really don't like using legendaries, because it doesn't provide much of a challenge. To me legendaries are like trophies, I try catching them with pokeballs (It's a real *****, but I feel accomplished after I do Entei, Raiko, and Scuicune are REALLY hard) But as far as best pokemon go I think Lugia wins (Although Ho-oh is beast)... And my favorite pokemon is Arcanine, then Dragonite, then Tyranitar...

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    uhm, I actually hate legendaries, I cant stand them ever. I think they all look ugly except Shaymin.

And my Shaymin was from the Toys R Us event, I had to hide in a corner and do it because there was like 20 3 year olds there. (scary right?)

But my favorite from Gold and Silver? I dont know, I REALLY loved Scyther, Because it had like a 3% chance of being caught REALLY early in the game. Anyone remember that? Where you do a kinda safari zone game and whoever got the biggest pokemon won? Ahh.. good memories... I think i wouldnt be able to beat the game without catching my scyther, I actually caught a shiny of it, I was amazed, 3% chance of finding it, and like a 1/300000000 chance of getting a shiny. To bad i was only 7 and i didn catch it. Figures. >.<

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
    For me, legendary wise, id say Ho-oh, didn't really care for lugia after i caught him, but reagular pokemon, Typlosion and Scizor

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Going purely off stats alone the "best" in GSC is probably one of the legendaries. Possibly Lugia or Suicune. Tyranitar has very good stats as well.

My personal faves from GSC are Espeon and Umbreon, Scizor, Steelix, Kingdra and Donphan. I may well make it my mission to make those 6 into a (Very formidable) team one day.

Batmans Playtoy

To the Batmobile!
    Years
    I'm gonna have to go with either Donphan or Houndoom.
    Not sure why but I've always liked them.

Legendaries: Uhh it would have to be Lugia definitely.

Back