• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Rpg of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
  • hah! For me its Chrono Trigger, Pokemon Silver, Final Fantasy IV and more recently The World Ends With You and Dragon Quest IX....Whatre Yours?

Years
  • Ooooo, I don't know.
    I have played many and some are real hit and misses.

For me, it has be to Tales of Symphonia. I just loved that game when I was younger and, for me, nothing has beaten it so far.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Dragon age origins is an awesome rpg. And the Golden Sun series. I have always loved it. For me it is one of the most fun to play. Dragon Quest IX for its customizeabiltity is also a very good one.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • The World Ends With You is still probably the best RPG I've ever played. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, as well as Mother 3 both come pretty close.

Years
  • Fable.
    I've played that game through at least five times, and it never gets old.
    Never got around to getting Fable II and just got Fable III, but it will never be as good as the original.

Huzzah!

Ballos's Reluctant Servant
    Years
  • Ooooooo, I can't pick one, so.... ON WITH MY LIST!!!

1. Final Fantasy IX. Pure RPG bliss. Love the emotional storyline.
    2. Pokemon Crystal. Going to Kanto, fighting Red?! Best pokemon game. Period.
    3.Final Fantasy V. A Job system, quirky and heartbreaking story, and AWESOME soundtrack. Clash on the Big Bridge, anyone?

Notable mentions are:
    Tales of Symphonia
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Years
  • For me it has to be Fallout 3. Its so greeeeeaaatttttt.

Epic game!
    I bought the GOTY edition and I still haven't finished it! XDDD​

Final Fantasy VII (had to do it!)
    But yeah, one of my favorites is Xenosaga III.

I don't really care much for FFVII. It was a good game, granted, but I don't think it was as good as people hyped it up to be. Personally, I think FFVIII was a better game.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Never played 8. Or 9. Or 10 (mostly). Or 11, or 13. The SNES versions never really got me into it. 10 part 2 was just...odd, to me. 12 was fun, but the storyline wasn't too interesting to me. 7 will always hold my heart~

It's too bad Nintendo doesn't have any plans to re-release the earlier Mana series games. I have no access to them otherwise. =/

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • It's kind of a giant list but as of right now it would be:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (for it massive open world and gameplay)
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (best star ocean game ever with a great storyline and amazing gameplay)
    Final Fantasy X (good gameplay and allowing any character to eventually excel in everything and be overpowered is fun, especially having Yuna do Armor Break and hitting high physical damage. Also for the chocobo theme)
    Demon's Souls: (difficult to play and master but is rewarding in the end, has good gameplay and co-op)
    Phantasy Star Portable 2: (good gameplay and probably the best phantasy star game to-date. Also is a good PSP RPG)
    Fallout 3: (good gameplay, lots of decision making and plenty of things to do, even if you beat the game and completed everything and it has a good replay value)
    Fallout New Vegas: (more of an "updated" Fallout 3... except that what you kill in vegas, stays in vegas...)
    Borderlands: (Lots of looting, questing, and being annoyed by the "everyone hates you nor cares about you" claptraps)

I don't have a #1 favorite because theres too many good RPGs out there.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I don't know if this counts, but I always liked the Paper Mario series, especially the first game of the bunch. Although it is Mario, and Paper, and turn-based battles, which I really liked.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Not the best of all time but certainly my favorites:
    -Final Fantasy 8
    -Fable
    -Oblivion
    -Red Dead Redemption

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back