• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Rpg of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • A cross between Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VIII. Chrono Triggers... everything is exceptional. FF8 is my favourite PS1 RPG, which is actually saying quite a lot.

Also RDR isn't an RPG. :<

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • FFIX is by far my favourite. I don't know the best RPG of all time since I haven't played that many games but FFIX definitely trumps it for me.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Call me anything you want, but Final Fantasy VII is and will always be my favourite RPG. And favourite game, too. I'm not sure why, to be honest.

But it doesn't really fall under the "good" category, when I think about it. Look at it. It's plagued with glitches, plot holes, and a rushed and unfinished ending. But why do I love it so much? I can't answer that.

Best would go to Final Fantasy IX, while favourite goes to VII.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Best WRPG of all time:
    Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls IV
    Epic Game. Hours upon hours of fun. Even after like, 5 playthroughs, this game doesn't get old. We'll see if it gets beat when Skyrim comes around.

Best JRPG of all time:
    Final Fantasy X
    Call me a final fantasy fanboy if you will, but this is the first JRPG other than Pokémon I ever played. And it inspired me to go out and play all the final fantasies before it aswell. The story's amazing (even if some people hate Tidus, I find him tolerable.), The gameplay is fun, even considering the fact it's turn based, but Squaresoft got it right for this game. And for it's time, the graphics are amazing, and still amaze me today.

Well there's my two cents.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Akeraz said:
    Best WRPG of all time:
    Epic Game. Hours upon hours of fun. Even after like, 5 playthroughs, this game doesn't get old. We'll see if it gets beat when Skyrim comes around.

What I love so much about Oblivion (outside of its absurd size) is that there are so many ways to play the game. I've seen playthroughs where people will be completely pacifist yet play the game to its full.

Akeraz said:
    Best WRPG of all time:

What I love so much about Oblivion (outside of its absurd size) is that there are so many ways to play the game. I've seen playthroughs where people will be completely pacifist yet play the game to its full.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Mother
    Tactics Ogre
    Chrono Cross
    Shenmue
    Grandia II

Those are some of my personal favorites and the list could go on really. I'm a bit limited on WRPGs as TES and Fallout are the only WRPGs I've played.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Haven't played enough WRPGs, so I'm excluding those, but for me, it's Mother 3, Kingdom Hearts II, and Tales of the Abyss. Normally I'd explain my reasons, but ehhh. That'd take too much time! But the characters are all so lovable, and certain scenes really take my breath away.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Kingdom of Loathing

You can learn stuff, laugh at stuff, tame turtles, club seals, drink booze, fight hobos and hippies, eat herb brownies, and go mining for cardboard.

Oh, and you look like a stick man/girl.

You can get trophies/achievements for getting so many sex changes, so many adventures in a bathroom with an auto-plunger or being Sleazeform.

Also free to play.

visit http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Main_Page for more info.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Animal Crossing | Animal Crossing: Wild World | Animal Crossing: City Folk

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I have a hard time answering this one as I live for RPGs. Though as far as video games go I'd would have to say Paper Mario, The Thousand Year Door, Kingdom Hearts, Persona series, Tails Series.
    This list could honestly go on for to long so this is all i'll list for now.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • what system is earthbound for everyone says that game is awesome....
    snes. there's a gba port of it too but it was only ever released in japan.

i haven't played many rpgs seeing as i only just started getting into them recently so i'll i can say is my favourites that i have come across so far.

Mother 2 (Earthbound) - i am still playing through Mother 3 so i still haven't decided which i love more.
    Yakuza 4 - heavily japanese orientated so people on here probably won't find this title that amazing. regardless this is one of my favourite games of all time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (better than Oblivion) and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I've played both games I don't know how many times, in countless different ways.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Both have amazing stories, and Star Ocean was just a very memorable experience.

Years
  • The only two RPGs I've really played and enjoyed are Paper Mario and the Pokémon series. The rest just don't appeal to me very much, unless they're crossed with another genre.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back