• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The best way to catch both Cresselia and Mesprit WITHOUT A MASTER BALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

This way is 100% legitimate and absolutely no cheating devices were used.

To begin this method, you'll need...:

• A Pokémon that can get Cresselia or Mesprit to the red zone HP in one hit.
    • 30 Quick Balls
    • Marking Map Application Pokétch
    • Recommended but not needed, a status inflicting Pokémon

What to do: I'll be using Cresselia:

1- Get your self near an ending of a route and beginning to another route.

2- Wait until Cresselia arrives at your route by moving to this route to the other and vice versa. Remeber, the Pokémon of OHRedBarHP must be infront.

3- Battle Cresselia. Use the one hit to to make Cresselia in red zone. Let her escape afterwards.

Extra- Do the same and get into another battle with Cresselia by the method in Step 2, then use a Status Problem. LET HER ESCAPE!

4- Battle her with the same method, now it's the beginning in the battle+low hp+probably a status? What could we do? Quick Balls FTW!

I got Cresselia in my first Quick Ball. It didn't take me except like 20 minutes.

The End. I hope I helped.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    This is rather pointless. It worked in one Quick Ball because you got lucky, but after turn 5 Quick Balls are useless. On top of that it's not like this isn't just longer than what everybody does already; it's not like anybody actually has trouble catching them.

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
    Years
    i only used the master ball for the arceus (i didn´t want to bother) the best way is to use a level 60 wobuffet, a pokemon with false swipe, dusk balls and btw catch them at night and do the same for the birds

NatureKeeper

This is rather pointless. It worked in one Quick Ball because you got lucky, but after turn 5 Quick Balls are useless. On top of that it's not like this isn't just longer than what everybody does already; it's not like anybody actually has trouble catching them.

Each encounter with Cresselia counts as a beggining of a new battle, but she keeps the status and Hp from the last battle, so the Quick Ball Works... And Dusk Balls at night are worth x2 in case you are outside of caves, so Ultra Balls will be better...

i only used the master ball for the arceus (i didn´t want to bother) the best way is to use a level 60 wobuffet, a pokemon with false swipe, dusk balls and btw catch them at night and do the same for the birds

Wobuffet? That Pokémon isn't my real deal... This is the worst way, because in my way you'll just need 5 balls and 4 of them for backup if you were really unlucky in the first throw... By using the usual Stable-Legendary-Catch with the roaming Pokémon will give you maximum x3 catch rate using Ultra Balls. Quick Balls in my method will x4 catch rate. So?

it would be easier to get a Pokemon with mean Look, and switch for a Pokemon with False Swipe, then lower its stats and put it to sleep

:t354:TG

My way makes use of that Cresselia may be encountered more than one time if she flees, and that she also keeps the damage. It goes like this:

Encounter 1: Turn 1: Hit to RedZone

Encounter 2: Turn 1: Either use a status problem or Quick Ball.

Encounter 3: Turn 1: Use a Quick Ball, now effective x4 because it's the first turn of this encounter, besides the loss of hp and the status, will have it caught high chance. This way Cresselia will always have x4 Rate with the Quick Ball since it will be the first turn in the 2nd Encounter+.

I hope you guys understand and thnk well before you spam:

'Huh? Your way sucks! Wobuffet, Mean Look, etcc... Blah....'

Last edited:

Divine~Deoxys

hmmm....it's a good method.as far as i can remember crobat/golbat doesnt know baton pass.otherwise you'd go in.mean look, baton pass to a false swiper=easy

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    When I found Mesprit in the wild I threw a Quick ball and he had full health no stat prob, and it caught him, no cheats, my friend was there...I'm not crazy, it happened...

NatureKeeper

When I found Mesprit in the wild I threw a Quick ball and he had full health no stat prob, and it caught him, no cheats, my friend was there...I'm not crazy, it happened...

I believe you. The formula calculator may have been to your side.

NatureKeeper

Err.. This is a Roaming Pokémon.... There is difference...

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Catch possibility with this method is around 7%.
    Which means that you cannot always guarantee a successful catch on the first throw.

However, this still is one of the best methods (after masterball).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back