• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big "XBox 360 Prank" Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • *Yawn*
    It's exactly midnight here. After this, I'll be hitting the sack.
    But, I found this pretty cruel video on YouTube. maybe some of you have viewed it. I have. And it actually made me down at relize that even homes in America aren't all happy and loving. Check out this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO-OE931D4&feature=channel_page

Pretty shocking, huh? It's unbelievable. Now, if you read the full video description, here's what "Theycallhimart" said to the viewers:

"My mom decides to buy my brother an Xbox 360 for christmas. We leave that night and return the next morning to find he has sneaked a look....just as my mom thought he would, this is the result...and yes he did get the game i will try to post the second video"
    That was back in Dec.31/07. So more than 2 years and that was his only vide. But, i checked his bio, and he was on TWO days ago. So that means he still has the dignity to use that account. To this day, he still hasn't posted that second video.

So, I guess we'll never know whether he got the game or not. but I also noticed something else. Theycallhimart may be using another account. Noticed how that video had no voiceovers Well, i found a video that does! Here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwCQWjTyI0&feature=related

It's be pretty hard for that to be a fake voiceover, with all the perfect voice matches in the video. Also, even more disturbing. That poster is "prezatrutzers". But that video ALSO says he is the poster's brother.So, that MAY of been the original video, just used as a coverup. So really, we won't really know who was the original poster. My bets would be on the original though.

Now, i'd like to point out some shocking moments in the original video by prezatrutzers that you may of not noticed.

From 0:50 to end: The boy is speechless. This may portray that his opinion may not matter in this point when some kids I'd know would start crying or screaming. Myself? Well, I'd say "And you call yourself a mother?"

1: 28: "Look at the camera and cry" That tells me that the joke was truly intentional to the boy. And notice how no one stands up for him? this may show superiority to the boy, perhaps phisical or mental abuse.

At 1:11 1:17, 1:26, 2:00 and 2: 00 "We can't afford an XBox 360" One time, I would understand, but when this phrase gets repeated and repeated, i know it is SOMEWHAT of a lie. The person says this to reassure the boy and POSSIBLY themselves that they couldn't afford it. But, I can't tell at this point. But I still think that they didn't need to stoop this low.

I know this was very hurtful to some of you, but I must also bring up other problems.
    1. The Mother's Weight: If you read them, at least 35% of those comments focus more on the mother's weight than the boy. Those people are stopping low (but not as low as her). Don't be one of them. Just speak for the boy, not a fitness trainer.
    2. The Insulting of their Skin: This is TOTALLY wrong! At least 15% of the comments call them "niggers" or "negros"! This is SUPER low, even lower than the prank! They are even insulting the boy! Don't be a discriminator, be a speaker of what's right.

I'm glad to of informed you about this crisis.

I'd just like to to inform all of you, that if you or someone you know that was a part of that video, especially that, boy, tell them that I really would like to send my feelings out to them, that maybe they should see counselling or therapy. I can tell that the family doesn't look that "together".

Thank You.

+Poochyena+

Years
  • What the heck is the supposed 'big controversy' about? It says everything you need to know in the video description that you quoted. The kid sneaked a look at his presents, so his family played a prank on him. He got the 360 in the end, so what's the big fuss? If it's about there being two near-identical videos, then bear in mind that people always repost videos in an attempt to get more views, more subscribers etc.

Oh, and yeah, I found it pretty funny too. That'll learn him. ;3

Years
  • Well, we don't KNOW that he got it since that second video was never posted.
    Plus, I think it wasn't very appropriate of them to do such a joke on such a little kid.

Years
  • Well, we don't KNOW that he got it since that second video was never posted.
    Plus, I think it wasn't very appropriate of them to do such a joke on such a little kid.

Why would the video poster have reason to lie about that? >>

It wasn't very appropriate for the kid to look at his Christmas present early. =|

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • Firstly, we don't know what he said in his description was true.
    Second, would you like your brother or sister to have that look on Christmas?

Funny story. My sister forgot to put out my nephew's presents, and when he asked me why he didn't have any, I said Santa died. He wouldn't stop crying.

Sorry, but I find people crying at little things HILARIOUS. And sometimes even in serious situations, I can't help but crack a smile.

Years

But why have any reason to be sceptic about it? People are far too quick nowadays to disbelieve something they read rather than believing it.

Do you have any siblings? That question is so redundant it's funny. xD

Lash

Years

No, but seriously, lighten up. That was just hilarious how he had all that expectation for an Xbox 360 after sneaking a peek and then bam! Clothes or something. Hell, if that happened to me, I'd call my family ass holes and then laugh about it five seconds later, it's just that funny!

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • Yeah. Seriously, you're acting like they were mentally torturing the kid. He did a BIIIIIIG no-no by peeking at his present, so they taught him a lesson. Besides, a kid that age should be lucky enough to get a used PS1 let alone an Xbox 360. Hell, I don't even have a 360 and I've got a job.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    *Yawn*
    It's exactly midnight here. After this, I'll be hitting the sack.
    But, I found this pretty cruel video on YouTube. maybe some of you have viewed it. I have. And it actually made me down at relize that even homes in America aren't all happy and loving. Check out this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO-OE931D4&feature=channel_page

Pretty shocking, huh? It's unbelievable. Now, if you read the full video description, here's what "Theycallhimart" said to the viewers:

"My mom decides to buy my brother an Xbox 360 for christmas. We leave that night and return the next morning to find he has sneaked a look....just as my mom thought he would, this is the result...and yes he did get the game i will try to post the second video"
    That was back in Dec.31/07. So more than 2 years and that was his only vide. But, i checked his bio, and he was on TWO days ago. So that means he still has the dignity to use that account. To this day, he still hasn't posted that second video.

So, I guess we'll never know whether he got the game or not. but I also noticed something else. Theycallhimart may be using another account. Noticed how that video had no voiceovers Well, i found a video that does! Here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwCQWjTyI0&feature=related

It's be pretty hard for that to be a fake voiceover, with all the perfect voice matches in the video. Also, even more disturbing. That poster is "prezatrutzers". But that video ALSO says he is the poster's brother.So, that MAY of been the original video, just used as a coverup. So really, we won't really know who was the original poster. My bets would be on the original though.

Now, i'd like to point out some shocking moments in the original video by prezatrutzers that you may of not noticed.

From 0:50 to end: The boy is speechless. This may portray that his opinion may not matter in this point when some kids I'd know would start crying or screaming. Myself? Well, I'd say "And you call yourself a mother?"

1: 28: "Look at the camera and cry" That tells me that the joke was truly intentional to the boy. And notice how no one stands up for him? this may show superiority to the boy, perhaps phisical or mental abuse.

At 1:11 1:17, 1:26, 2:00 and 2: 00 "We can't afford an XBox 360" One time, I would understand, but when this phrase gets repeated and repeated, i know it is SOMEWHAT of a lie. The person says this to reassure the boy and POSSIBLY themselves that they couldn't afford it. But, I can't tell at this point. But I still think that they didn't need to stoop this low.

I know this was very hurtful to some of you, but I must also bring up other problems.
    1. The Mother's Weight: If you read them, at least 35% of those comments focus more on the mother's weight than the boy. Those people are stopping low (but not as low as her). Don't be one of them. Just speak for the boy, not a fitness trainer.
    2. The Insulting of their Skin: This is TOTALLY wrong! At least 15% of the comments call them "niggers" or "negros"! This is SUPER low, even lower than the prank! They are even insulting the boy! Don't be a discriminator, be a speaker of what's right.

I'm glad to of informed you about this crisis.

I'd just like to to inform all of you, that if you or someone you know that was a part of that video, especially that, boy, tell them that I really would like to send my feelings out to them, that maybe they should see counselling or therapy. I can tell that the family doesn't look that "together".

Thank You.

+Poochyena+

By any chance are you related to Jack Thompson?

Wanna here a real heart breaker? One christmas my parents brought me and my Sister a GBA SP each, mine wasn't in the box, but they hadn't tampered with it, I obvs thought they had so i just went on as normal, then on boxing day i heard my mum on the phone to the store in a rage, she doesnt really ever rage. So i didn't get my GBA SP till later on Boxing day.

Oh wait, that's not sad or torture, it was a minor inconvenience because I still got my SP in the end.

Reactions: GFA

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    So what? My dad did this to me with my Wii. *Except I didn't peak...* I thought it was hilarious my old man playing a prank. But I guess that's the kids problem.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Erm...

I'm sorry but this is kinda funny. And, he kinda had it coming to him.

Honestly, I don't see how this could have started a controversy.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • If he hadn't acquired the 360 in the end anyway, I would feel a bit of sympathy toward the lad. However, it all worked out, so it's not really a problem.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Yeah, it's a mean joke, and it's not funny at all, but it shouldn't have sparked any controversy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    HAHAHAHA
    That was sooo funny.
    My dad did that to me once also when I was like 10.
    I reacted almost the exact same way.
    I don't see what the big deal is, it's just a joke.
    You're taking this way too seriously.
    I've said I was gonna post another vid on youtube and ended up not doing it. It's not abuse, it's procrastination.
    Anyone insulting those parents skills at raising their kids is an idiot for saying so. You don't know how they raise their kids by one 3 minute video.
    Go home. Take a shower. You smell like shame.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back