• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The Birds and Dogs!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green, we've had three legendary birds--Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, and you were able to find them Power Plant, Seafoam Islands, and Victory Road, respectively. In Gold, Silver, and Crystal, we were given access to legendary dogs (or beasts, if you prefer), and they would roam throughout various places in Johto. So, tell us--what are your opinion on them? Did you enjoy encountering them? Which ones have you been able to successfully capture, and which have you not? :o

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    In all the Kanto games [and in HeartGold/SoulSilver] I managed to obtain all three birds.

In Crystal, on one of my older save files, I had managed to catch both of the beasts remaining after catching Suicune [who is easy in comparison as it doesn't run].
    (HeartGold I had an easier time due to the new Pokéballs in the game)

Let me tell you, it took a lot of luck to catch the remaining beasts after getting one of them. Especially as Mean Look is ineffective when they know Roar to escape anyway.

It's kinda hard to form an opinion on any of the beasts as they're all pretty cool, but Raikou has the least weaknesses of the lot.

The birds are easier. Zapdos all the way. Really helped against the Elite Four of the original games.

Years
    Articuno. Those Ice moves kicked ass in RBY or GSC. Lance never knew what was coming when I threw Articuno in there.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I much preferred going after the Legendary Birds rather than the Legendary Dogs. If there's one thing I hate in pokemon, is roaming pokemon that flee all the time. Back then, I only managed to capture Suicune on Crystal, but had no luck with either Entei or Raikou.

Back