• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Boogie man is going to get you....

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I wasn't really afraid of monsters when I was little, but I was of ghosts. I figured none live in my house since I never saw one. But I used to be really afraid of messy rooms when I was little ever when my dad told me they start house fires. It was very random, I know. xD

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I was afraid of a tree outside my window, the Kool-Aid man, and the weather channel. o_O

The tree looked like a monster. The Kool-Aid man bursted through walls unexpectedly, which was pretty uncool. The weather channel? I don't remember my reasoning behind that one.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Now, when i was told, "don't let the bed bugs bite" when i was little, i actually believed there were bed bugs! I sprayed my whole room with this stuff that kills bugs XD. I don't nelieve in them now though.

Bedbugs are very real, just so you know. :x

Most of the times when I watch horror movies, I have frequent images of the scenes, even when it's obvious they're just fictional movies. I also used to be petrified as a kid when I was completely alone at home, in the dark. ._.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Just so you know, the Boogeyman and I are tight, so I know he's not gonna hurt me. ♥

The same things that scared me when I was little still scare me now. ;; I'm afraid of really stupid things, like people who are gonna creep up on me in my sleep and people hiding my closet and stuff.

Ironically enough, I love the dark. :D

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
    I was scared of monsters under my bed and in my closet. I'm still sacred that everythime I hear a noise it's a burglar breaking in. And evne thought I love the dark, I was scared of it until I was 13 because I couldn't see anything around me and I was scared that someone would pop up in front of me any second.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I was scared of ghosts, zombies and aliens sweeties. XD So I slept with a Mario plushie in hopes he'll protect me. Since I'm alive now, I guess it worked, sweeties.. XD

Cid

Years
    I was afraid of ghosts when I was little...
    Usually, when I sleep in bed, I see eerie shadows that creep my little self out. ^^

Sometimes, odd, repeating music with a variety of off-key tones freak me out, until now.

Anyway, the so-called "boogie man" would be, what my little self thinks, the eerie shadows...
    So my nightly habit back then would be covering my whole body in a blanket. ^^

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Hehehe, i was afraid of toys which runs on battery... A toy that sings, walks, moving would scare me to death or make me pee in my pants... (never happend lol)
    Its obvious that all kids are afraid of the dark, i slept with my nightlight till i was uhhh 10...

Umm.. Oh gosh, this is embarassing. o.o I was afraid of... Uh.. Johnny Cash? xD He was really old, and old people scared me half to death. I'm still scared of him, actually.
    LOL... Same here...
    Im afraid of my granddad... o_O

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    i was totally afraid of ronald mcdonald. he just completely freaked me out, lmao.

also, those ppl dressed up in big costumes at canada`s wonderland. :s

Years
    I am still scared by the dark, I always imagine something huge emerging from the shadow to kill me, I used to be afraid of ants, I hate them now, but I am not scared of them, I also used to be terrified of the Sasquatch....

usami

biohazard
    Years
    When I was small I used to have this doll that looked like Chuckie from Child's Play.
    After I saw that movie.. that doll freaked me the heck out. I had to get rid of it.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    I slept with a light on for the longest time. I had a huge fear of the dark, and I used to think there were monsters in my closet + under my bed. I used to get a lot of nightmares, so that was no good. ;; I couldn't stand scary movies, either. I remember a few years ago, I watched The Ring when it first came out.. I was like, completely traumatized. XD; I slept with a towel over my television for months because I was scared of that creepy girl coming out of it at night. Looking back, that was so stupid.. idk why I was so afraid.

I'm completely fine in the dark now, and I love scary stuff. :D

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
    Years
    uh..i think i'm scared if i'm only alone in the house....if mom and dad goes to work and big bro goes out while big sis dates out..well that's the time of my nightmare...sometimes spooky things happens around the house but i think it's just in my mine....

Lackey

Hi y'alls!
    Years
    I used to be scared of pinecones. Especially those huge ones, freaking creepy. I go over it years ago, though.

I was also scared of the aliens in the movie "Mars Attacks". I seriously thought they were going to come and zap me with those guns of theirs. But I watched it again some time a while back and realized it was just a silly little movie.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    I was only ever scared of stuff that was possible. :\ So like, burglars, murderers, angry prostitutes.. And the place I lived in wasn't even bad. Like, at all.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    "Duermete Nino, Duermete ya. Que Viene el Coco y te comera." Whataload of Bubble Shower.

I used to think Lobsters were crawling through my bed when I was small. But They were to dark and I was more curious than scared. As 4 the Coco? Bogy MAn? Closet Monsters? Even at that age, I said " What a load of BS, I'll just stay in my bed watching Adult Swim XD"

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Quite fearless when I was younger actually. (Thus brought me to epic accidents with an axe, a yellow jeep, and some bow & arrows) :D

Scared to death by three things when I was little: The dark, raptors, and needles. (Only needles still linger around with me today) You can't imagine how insanely afraid I was of raptors (Jurassic Park scarred me for life) I always thought when I went outside, and it was dark, a raptor was going to pop out and attack me. o_o;

Back